♥ ~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary ~ Year 2 ~♥

Oh and almost forgot, the most important part. Raising £566 for the Alzheimers Society.

I know ive repeated a fair bit of what I said yesterday but I wanted to write it all down in one long post. You'll be forgiven if you don't read it all dont worry!! hahaha :p x

official half marathon finish time of 2:40:05 :) exstatic!!

I will upload all the pics & vids later on x

Love your description of it all hun! Well done you :)
Just realised you will have to change the name of your diary now!
Hope your having a lovely time x

Loving the full report, so pleased for u and the vid on fb is great :) x x

Here's a couple of pics. The rest are on facebook.

and heres the official photographs Marathon Photos --- 2011 Plymouth Half Marathon

Not sure if I can upload a video onto here but its on my fb anyways :) the woman shouting 'go girl' is my mum! lol :p

My right calf has gotten worse over the course of today. My bum is also aching but still very much on a high and sooooo looking forward to my indian later. I have been so hungry today.

Yesterday all I had was my porridge, banana, a few black magic chocolates and 1/2 battered sausage & 1/2 portion of chips. My calories came from alcohol :rolleyes:

Attachments

• P1000511.jpg
    P1000511.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 49
  • P1000541.jpg
    P1000541.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 44
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 48
  • P5290027.jpg
    P5290027.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 46
OMG Tan! That 'report' choked me up!! :eek:

Photos are fab - will have a look on FB in a bit. Your aches and pains will soon pass, but hope the high stays with you for a while :D xx

Tanya just read through your report and had a looky at your pics! I honestly have a lump in my throat. You should be so proud of yourself. Such an amazing achievement, you have come so far and your family couldn't look any prouder of you x

Just caught up with your posts here and on FB Tan, wanted to say well done again! Now what babes? Obviously you're going to carry on running that's a given, are you going to try for a full marathon or just run purely for pleasure?

You should be sooooooo proud xxxx

Planning on running the Plymouth 10k in october and next years 1/2 marathon. Still for defo keeping up with my running :)

Aches & pains are ok today. Yesterday evening my back started to get sore, still is a little sore today but nothing major. Still doesnt feel real still doesnt feel like i've done it but I know I have!!! :rolleyes:

Last night we had indian for tea. I had 2/3rds of the tub of chicken korma, 1/3rd boiled rice, 1/2 garlic naan, 1veg samosa, 1poppadom & some chutney

Was up at 4am today, stupidly early.
Been and bought my meal bars, 12 boxes :giggle: to last me the month. Onto 2meal bars & 1meal tomorrow with healthy snacks. Picked up carrots, lf hummous, extra fruit & ww yogs.

For today: avert your eyes if you don't want to see all the nawtyness....

B- 2 slices of fruit loaf, toasted with butter

*2teaspoons of dads left over (biriyani) rice, bite of left over naan bread, 1/2 poppadom& the rest of the chutney.
*chocolate fairy cake (mum made em yesterday)

L- 1warrens medium sausage roll, 2handfulls of warburtons pitta chips, 1 carrot & 1lf pot of hummous

*bite of stevies white chocolate cappuchino mouse filled chocolate bar :drool:

D- pork chop, apple sauce, boiled baby pots, brocolli, baby broad beans with gravy.

*for work: nectarine

Last edited:
If anyone deserves to eat what they like for a little while, it's you!

Very well done on completing the half marathon! What an achievement and I thought the parachute jump was bad enough!!

So, so chuffed for you. You deserve all the praise you are getting and more. The figure you raised is fantastic. Brilliant!!

Tanya, I too had a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye reading your report.......massive Congratulations to you again on such a tremendous journey since you first started LT. Bravo girl.........xxxx

The pics are fantastic, just seen a little of the official video and will catch up with your FB stuff later.

Loving THAT menu - you so deserve it like Bev said.

I have officially crashed & burned.
I feel completly drained. So drained that i'm tempted to phone in sick tonight for work. I havnt been off sick in over 2 years though ....

I just want to get back into my bed and curl up and sleep forever!!!!

Oh dear :( ..... do what you need to do hon - hope you soon feel back on form xxx

I hate phoning in sick though I always feel like they think i'm faking it. To top it ive heard its real busy tonight too :sigh: what to do what to do!x

I know exactly what you mean - I'm the same. Some people would say that you don't get any better thought of for braving it and going in. Only thing is - in your shoes, assuming they know about the half-marathon they may see it as self-inflicted or take the mick when you go back. Dilemma hon .. bummer! xx

I didnt even think that they'd take the mick that I phoned in sick after my half marathon :eek: :(

I have phoned in and told them I wont be in. Feel guilty for it but hey ho. x

Oooops!! ... sure they won't :eek: .... any way who cares?!

Fact is you're not fit to work and I wouldn't mind betting loads of them have been off for far less. Probably hangovers etc - so- as I've said to you - although I totally understand and agree with the work ethic, sometimes we can take it too far. Enjoy a night or 2 off and make sure you get a good rest!!! xxx

Oh now im panicking that theyre all guna think im a whimp after my first ever race :eek: really I shouldnt be panicking about losing face. Defo have to go back tomorrow now no matter what! LOL x

Oh God now I feel really bad for putting the thought in your head when it might not be what they think at all :(:(

*****slinks off to bed with tail between legs*****

Sorrrrrreeeeeeeee :(:(:( xx

Back