♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

Thanks Jan, I hope I can do it!
The new running top/s were a diaster today. I bought 2 the same and wore the pink one today. I had a nightmare with it. It fits perfectly, if anything a little big around the shoulder area but when running it just kept rising up - its like it wanted to be a crop top not a flipping running top.

Needless to say I was v.self concious of this so much so I cut my run short :eek: I hated every minute of it, I kept pulling it down but it just kept coming up and showing off the belly bulge hid in my trousers :( So, instead of a 4miler I did a 2.5miler. I felt fine though, the legs were fresh, I wasnt out of breathe, everything was good except the flipping top!

So I shall be taking them back and exchanging them for a reflective jacket instead :rolleyes:

Done my week ahead menu plan. Cals are on the low side a little but i'm sure thats not going to hurt after the past week. Will make sure if I do get hungry though to snack on sensible stuff and will up the cals a tad next week so i'm atleast over the 1,200 mark and closer to the 1,400 mark.

Wednesday 16th November
*2.5 mile run

B- porridge 287
Oj 85

L- butterbeans, green lentils, carrots, red onion, ww roasted garlic sauce 218
Cous cous 237
Yog 48

*banana 48
*options mint hot choc 38

D- Satsuma 25
Brunch bar 150
Dairylea dunkers 122
Total = 1,258

Last edited:
All looking very focussed on the food front. What a shame about the tops. Good idea to swap them for something you prefer.

Got a little peckish so I had a baby banana. Not too bad. Still feeling peckish, I guess thats what I get for eating far too much junk food.

Must. Stay. Away. From. The. Kitchen. Cupboards!! :p

Ah what a shame about the tops! :( I bet it was really frustrating when you were running! Don't blame you taking them back.

Food plan looks great, you seem really refocussed :) xx

Your menus always looks so good hun!!! Pity bout the tops are you able to bring back the one you ran in?

No emma, which means i'll have to put £7 towards getting the jacket and be lumbered with a proper running top that is actually rubbish! :giggle:

I was refocused Jan, untill today ....

I decided to bake some goodies. Chocolate cupcakes & banana muffins with nutella surprise ;)

I had a dollop of buttercream to taste, 1/2 a cupcake and a bite of the muffin.

Didn't have time for my eggs this morning as I woke up too late and I had a dentist app so just had toast.

Thursday 17th November

B- 2 wm toast 190
butter 120
oj 85

*dollop of buttercream
*1/2 cupcake
*bite of banana nutella muffin

L- butterbeans, green lentils, carrots, red onion, ww roasted garlic sauce 218
Cous cous 237
Yog 48

D- Satsuma 25
Brunch bar 150
Dairylea dunkers 122
Total = 1,195 (without baking goodies)

*4seafood sticks 49

New total = 1,244

Last edited:
But you only had HALF a cup cake and a BITE of a muffin! I couldn't do that! I think that's great! xx

The dog thought it was great too when he got what I didn't have! :giggle:

LOL! Love it ;) xx

I was just going to ask what you did with the other half.

Great will power that, to just have half, well done girl :)

Run today was ok. The legs felt a little achy, not too sure why but managed 3miles in 34:21 pace 11:27 p/mile. Average pace but I can't seem to stop myself getting to that first mile mark in around the 10min mark. I need to sort this out as its making the next mile so much harder.

Next week i'll be onto 4miles and thats where i'm going to stay for a few weeks and get up to the point where i'm strong at them. I might throw in a 5miler every now and again though, and main focus will be on getting my pace right in the first mile. I'm pretty certain me and my brother are entering the 5k next sunday. We'll see when he gets home from work tonight. I think I will have a shift untill 3am that saturday but the race isnt untill 11 so should be ok. I wont class it as a race i'll class it as one of my weekly runs with a bonus of reindeer ears, a hot drink & a medal at the end ;)

A little change to todays lunch, nothing major just the filling in the sandwich!

Friday 18th November

*3 miler 34:21 pace 11:27p/m

B- porridge 287
Oj 85

L- 2x wm bread 190
cheese 90
pickle 42
pickled egg 100
Monster munch 108
Yog 78

D- Satsuma 25
Brunch bar 150
Dairylea dunkers 122
Total = 1,277

Uh oh - mum has bought goodies for this evening & I've ended up picking at 3crunchie rocks & 2twirl bites :doh:

No more must resist

Uh-OH!! That's not too bad though ;)

That run sounds like fun :D xx

Spare a thought for my daughter who's been told today she must NOT exercise as she literally could drop dead :( .... She's mortified and hoping once she's had all the tests & investigations she'll be able to go back to it. Otherwise the London Marathon is deffo off! :( xx

Omg Jan :( how frustrated Must she be feeling!! I hope she gets better soon, will keep my fingers & toes crossed for her xxx

Oh fgs. 3chocolate coated Pringles, a bite of caramel shortcake & a bite of coffee cupcake.

I hate charity nights in work :sigh:

Last edited:
I hate those nights/days in work too, any excuse to bring in a load of sugary goodies, they never bring in a basket of fruit, or some carrot sticks etc.......... ;)

Well done on your running chick, did you get the running jacket?

Nope, mum's guna take the top back today get me a refund as my little brother told me not to buy a jacket as I can have his he doesn't use it :)

Munched 2big handfuls of walkers sensations just now after work :doh:

I dont have a shift tonight now :( a little gutted. Not really looking forward to a weekend with nothing to do. It'll just mean I drink wine :( :sigh: probably both nights rather than just the one if I had a shift :( will try and curb my food though. might even plan a run for Sunday :hmm: x

Aww shame about the shift :( Good news about the jacket though - that'll save you a bit of dosh!

Chocolate coated pringles????? Euuurgh! I'd have to try them to be sure of course ;) xx

Oooooh Jan! You got to! I was sceptical at first but they are delish!!! :drool:

Today I have entered next weeks 5k reindeer run. Its a 'fun run' so i'm not sure if there will be timing chips but I will have my watch on me to time myself.

And, i've also entered next years Plymouth Half Marathon!!!! I was sat debating with myself, thinking of all the lows I had during training this year, the tears I cried over those stupid 'bad' runs but then I thought of the feeling of crossing the line and decided all the lows were well worth that feeling. So next year i'm aiming for a sub 2:30 and I am going to get it!

Plan of action is now this:

4/5 milers from next week onwards, 3x a week untill either 9th/16th January so I can get solid 5milers under my belt & hopefully get a bit of weight off and then it'll be onto 1/2 training. Upping the milage over 17 weeks before 2 weeks of lower mileage just before 3rd of june - race day! :D :D

I'm a tad excited now though!! :p

Saturday 19th November

B- 2 slices wm toast 190
butter 120

L/D- 3slices roast chicken, 1slice ham, 2slices polony, slice mature cheese, 2slices of French stick, 10pringles, 2mini scotch eggs, 1bread stick dipped in onion & garlic dip & some tzaki dip - will work out the cals tomo.

*mum bought cold meats & dips for this evening so I might not have my bean dish and have some of that instead but will update if I do (updated ^)

*wine tonight 530 (can't resist, sorry! :eek:)
*1/2 bottle red

Total = 1,058

*i've had about 30g of sticky toffee cheese :drool: Had this last year around xmas time and I haven't seen it since so when my beedy little eyes zoned in on it at the sainsburys cheese counter today, I couldnt resist ... so much for no food off of the menu plan :eek:

Last edited:
Back