♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

Good planning chick, you can do it, you know you can when you put your mind to it.

Okay, what about a bus trip to .......... Barcelona..........Bermuda...........or Bahamas...........that should keep us in good stead ;)

Well done you -you're really getting your teeth into this planning lark :) xx

Bahamas please Mary ;)

Yup, planning keeps me focused :D

Dinner changed a bit as i've been called into work early meaning I get a 'lunch break' and I always like to feel like ive eaten something substantial on a 'lunch break'

Cals for today are 1,345

I know what you mean about having something substantial in work, but I am completely opposite, I think because I only do two nightshifts in a row, I just eat about 3 hours later. So my supper in work is around 10pm and thats me till I get out of bed tomorrow.

I'm the other way around, usually I only get 10min breaks so when I get a 30/40 min break I feel I need a proper 'dinner'.

I have been given full time hours from the 5th dec for 3 weeks so that'll mean a 40min break everyday so menus will change for that! X

I don't want the money I want the toil so I can book days off but they won't let me over Xmas :( so just means the tax man will have most of my overtime money! Grr! X

I have no AL left, but I need 4 days off in March, I have two extra shifts in December, which I will claim TOIL for, so just another two days to find between now and March 9th for my trip to Mull of Kintyre.

Come on Tan ... you'll get about 70p of every extra £ you earn ... that's not bad :) xx

Week ahead menu:

Tuesday 22nd November

B- bitesize shredded wheat 174
s.smilk 75
Oj 94

L- baked chicken breast 221
Roasted mixed veg 49
Roasted carrots 56
Fry lite 5
Baby pots 67
Sweet chilli sauce 18
Yog 78

D- chicken & veg cuppa soup 78
Banana 100
Mrb 215

Total = 1,230

Wednesday 23rd November (run)

B- porridge 287
Oj 94

L- salmon fillet 240
Broccoli 40
Roasted carrots 56
Baby pots 67
Yog 78

D- banana 100
Satsuma 25
Jordans bar 154

Total = 1,141

Thursday 24th November (run)

B- porridge 287
Oj 94

L- chicken breast, carrots, butterbeans, jar tomatoe sauce 210
Cous cous 237
Yog 78

D- mrb 215
Satsuma 25

Total = 1,146

Friday 25th November (shift)

B- 2x wm toast 190
Butter 120
Oj 94

*banana 100

L- chicken breast, carrots, butterbeans, tom sauce 210
Cous cous 237
Yog 78

D- mrb 215
Satsuma 25

Total = 1,269

Saturday 26th November (possible shift)

B- 2x wm toast 190
Butter 120

L/D – (what i’ll take to shift to have throughout the 10hours)
Chicken breast, carrots, butterbeans, tom sauce 210
Baby pots 67
Brunch bar 150
Banana 100
Yog 78

Total = 915 (might need to up this as Sunday morning i’ll have my 5k run - its nothing different to a normal week day run but i've never done a week day run with less that 1,00 cals in me from the day before)

Sunday 27th November (5k fun run)

B- porridge 287
Oj 94

L/D- not too sure, was thinking of breaded cod fillet & oven baked chips but we’ll see what we fancy when we pop to sainsburys after the run

Last edited:
Thats not too bad at all Jan! but i just prefer holiday, the more time I can get off from that place the better!!! :p

Was meant to run today but slept in instead. Had a bit of guilt as it was a concious decision to sleep in but I did go for a walk, just over a mile. Helped elivate some of the runners guilt! lol Will run tomorrow & thursday (4milers, feel free to :whoopass: if its not!) and then my 5k on sunday!:)

Been called in early again tonight :D

Tuesday 22nd November

B- bitesize shredded wheat 174
s.smilk 75
Oj 94

L- baked chicken breast 221
Roasted mixed veg 49
Roasted carrots 56
Fry lite 5
Baby pots 67
Sweet chilli sauce 18
Yog 78

Options mint hot choc 38

D- chicken & veg cuppa soup 78
Banana 100
Mrb 215

Total = 1,268

Last edited:
All plans in place and looking good girl ... please feel free to chuck some of that focus over here if you've any to spare :) xx

I don't have any spare but happy to share with you *chucking some your way!* :) x

I know exactly what you mean Tanya, give me the time off any day from work too.......:)

Menu's are looking fab Tanya, you seem to be so motivated with the runs you have planned, good to have goals chick.

If planning can help you reach your goal then you have no problem as you ate super organised when it comes to a bit of forward planning. This week is going great for you!

Thanks guys! Todays run was ok. I still need to desperatly work on getting my first mile pace back down to atleast 11m.p/mile. It's stupidly fast around the 10/10:30min mark and that just ruins me for the rest of the run.

Todays run was ok. Did 4miles in 46:29. Pace of 11:37p/m. Not too bad. A little slow but thats the punishment i'll live with for starting too fast! :mad: The knee gave a few twinges in the last mile home so I iced it when I got in for 15mins. I will take a couple ibuprofens a day again too as I want to nip the inflamation in the bud before it gets too bad again.

I dreamt about muesli last night so when I got up instead of porridge I decided to have a bowl of muesli. Quite enjoyed it and didn't affect my run!

Wednesday 23rd November (run)

B- muesli & s.s milk 256
Oj 94

L- salmon fillet 240
Broccoli 40
Roasted carrots 56
Baby pots 67
sweet chilli sauce 18
Yog 78

*options hot choc 40

*2 home made pickeld onions 30
*3baby beets 49

D- banana 100
Satsuma 25
Jordans bar 154

*1/2slice wm bread, tsp pickle, 1baby beetroot 76

Total = 1,323

Last edited:
Picked this evening at 2home made pickled onions (got the cal info from a jar of asda pickled onions online) and 3 baby beetroots :doh: Annoyed that i've picked but atleast its low cal - thats still not an excuse though! :eek:

Those 'picks' are nothing to worry about :)

Could you please try to chuck the 'focus' over a bit harder ... that last lot didn't reach me ;) Ta xx

Thats all I can pick at between meals is fruit and veg, pickled onions are so yumsky though. I agree with Jan, it is a good pick, even though its still a pick.

Back