♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

******hugs****** xxxxxx

Hope everything's ok Tanya x

Fingers crossed hun x

Thanks guys. Sorry I have been awol.

It's not good news with grandad. The short of it is that there is nothing they can do for him except make him comfortable. They have given him a month :cry:He got admitted to hospital on thursday, bloods taken and then friday we were told.

The type of cancer he has (small cell) is very aggressive and is now not only in his lung & liver but now his bones. They can't give him chemo as his blood plateletts are so low that chemo would kill him before the cancer does. Even if they could give him chemo it would only give him about 5months. Dad is still yet to tell him that which I think he is doing today but they have decided not to give him the time frame that we have been told but just tell him he's not going to get any better. He is still in hospital and hopefully he will be out some time this week. He will be getting a hospital bed at home etc as he litterally cant do anything anymore. It's horrible to see :(

Friday I didn't go to work. I had the biggest headache going and I just couldnt face anyone. I just wanted to be with my family. I've still kept track of food but not really calorie counted as such. Back to that today - though i'm up super early which inevitably means a higer cal day. I'll update todays later on.

Thursday 12th January

B- 2x wm toast 180
Jam 74
Oj 85

*Quavers 84
*2 heroes 100
L- chicken 169
Pots 75
Sweetcorn 53

*special k bar 90

D- wm pitta 160
Boiled egg 90
Lettuce 5
Lf salad cream 48
Velvet crunch 84
2x clemintines 50

Total = 1,347

Friday 13th January - Run
3.10mi 32:54mins 10:38avg pace 428cals burnt
(got a 1mi PB of 09:59)

B- porridge
oj

L/D- a 2inch squared piece of grandmas 'mousakka' as she calls it (basically mince meat, potatoes, a litle cheese on top & lotsa garlic)

*3 dairy box chocolates
*2 crackers with cheese on

*2/3rds bottle of wine
*1jd&d.c's
*3v&d.c's

Saturday 14th January - shift

B- 2x crumpets with butter

L- 6inch turkey breast subway
white choc & macadamia nut cookie

D- healthy living lasagne
banana
slice of choc orange cake (another special made it so it'd be rude not too ;))

*vodka & d.c

Sunday 15th January

B- 2x wm toast
peanut butter

L/D- mums roast: 1roast pot, dollop of mash, turkey, carrot & swede mash, sprouts, cauliflower & a spoonfull of cauliflower cheese
*apple pie & custard

*1chip & 1onion ring (fried some for stevies tea so pinched off his plate!)
*2 morgans spiced & d.c's

Tanya I am so incredibly sorry. Treasure these last moments with him and make sure you have lots of smiles and laughs together. Big hugs hun x

Tanya, it is such sad news for you all. Tough days ahead for you all but I know you will find the strength to cope.
Take care of yourself and each other.

So, so sorry Tanya that you and your family have had such sad news. Thinking of you all.

More hugs hon, still here if you want to msg or anything xxxx

Aww Tanya, I feel so sad for all of you with this terribly sad news. I personally know what you are all going through, it was exactly the same with my Dad.

Thinking of you all and just be strong and be there for each other for support, there will be good days and bad days, happy times and sad times. Big hugs hun xxx

Thanks guys :)

Today has been very picky. I can't make up my mind what i've wanted to eat so i've just picked and not felt satisfied at all :sigh: nevermind, back to it properly tomorrow.

Monday 16th January

B- 2x toast 220
butter 120

*creme egg 175
*pretzels 94
*french fries 84
*banana 100
*1/2rocky road rice crispy square 72
*olives

D- wm pitta 160
tuna 143
lf s.cream 48
lettuce 5
goats cheese 95
blue ribband caramel 99

Total = 1,415

:hug99::hug99::hug99: xxxxx

Grandad lost the fight yesterday afternoon :cry:

About 1pm we were told he had 24/48 hours but at 13:55, with just Grandma by his side he reached out grabbed her hand & went.

He left us at the same time their first son died so there's no doubt in any of our minds that Stuart took him & led him finally to peace.

I took this picture on Sunday.

Attachments

• image-3650995913.jpg
    image-3650995913.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 45
Tanyo I'm so sorry. Im sure it doesn't make it any easier but at least he wasn't ill for too long. I'm glad he had people there with him in both senses. Big hugs hun x

Ah, may he rest in peace. I'm so sorry for you and all the family. Celebrate his life and his legacy which is all of his lovely family. Look after Grandma as she must be so sad.

And yet more *****hugs***** xx

So sorry Tan, take care x x x x

So sorry 2 hear that Tanya - take care xxx

Aww Tan I'm so sorry to hear this :( Big hugs to you all xxxxx

Back