1 1/5 syn easy cook beef lasagne

Did you enjoy this recipe?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TravelBug

This took me about 20 mins to prepare and then 35 mins in the oven at 200 degrees to cook. If you use your HEA low fat cheese it works out as 1 1/2 syns per serving. The following makes a large dish, 2 large portions or 3 smaller ones. It is 3 syns for the whole dish. I have mine hot for supper than cold for lunch as is lovely.

Ingredients

500 g Tescos Extra Lean steak mince - typically less than 5% fat
1 Onion - chopped
2 Garlic cloves - optional
1 pack of passata (got mine for about 40p in Tesco)
2 level dessert spoons of Bisto Cheese Sauce Granules £1.05 per jar in tesco (1 1/2 syns)
Lasagna Sheets
84 g grated low fat mature cheddar (2 days worth of HEA) as makes 2-3 portions.

Put oven on to warm up at 200 degrees.

I fried the chopped onion then added the crushed garlic cloves. Once browned I put the passata in a seperate saucepan and added the onions and garlic. I put it on a low heat and allowed to simmer whilst I cooked the mince.

I then cooked the mince in the frying pan, i didn't use any spray fat as I find after a minute or two it has enough of its own to cook in. When it was browned I poured over the passata mix and mixed it all together. Allow to simmer for a few minutes whilst you make the cheese sauce.

Boil some hot water in the kettle then get a jug and add two level dessert spoons of Bisto Cheese granules - then add water, I added about 250 mls stirring slowly, it was medium thickness so you can use less or more if you want it thicker or runnier etc.

I then got a long dish 7.5 " x 12" x 2.5" depth, I put half the mince/passata mix in the bottom then a layer of lasagna sheets over it, then the rest of the mince/passata mix and then another layer of lasagna sheets. I then poured the cheese sauce mix over the top and added the reduced fat grated mature cheddar. Am sure you could use parmesan if you prefer.

I then put it in the oven for 35 mins at 200 degrees. I also cooked some syn free chips alongside it when I was down to the last 15 mins. The top will go crispy, if you prefer it didn't then you need to add more sauce to ensure all the sheets are fully covered. I love the crispy top but its up to you.

Hope everyone enjoys this. I did take some pictures but I haven't done 20 posts yet so not able to upload them yet. Shame as it looks great !

Thank you! I've been looking for a lasagne recipe!

think the cheese sauce will be more than 1.5 syns it is dried weight 100g 483 calories so 20g is 100 calories 5 syns

Back