1 Hitchhiker gone, one more still hanging on, but not for long!!

It will be a very special day i'm sure though when you reach target :) x

I can't quite imagine that day, I know it will come but I have been massively overweight for such a long time now (20+ years) that I can't picture it, but you are right hun it will be a huge celebration, I will popping open another huge bottle of ......WATER...to celebrate :giggle: well I might allow myself a nice Southern Comfort and Lemonade or even 2 who knows lol xxx

Having one of those I really can't be bothered days today so I am just going with the flow, I find if I try to fight them it just ends up twice as messy as it would be if I had given in, so still drinking tons of water but I fancied toasted cheese sarnies for brekkie and home made kebab for lunch and wraps for dinner so that's what I am having, once I have had that carb overload I won't want to touch it again for months so tomorrow I will be back on track 100% and go from there.

I didn't go to class last night, I fell asleep on sofa for about an hour and when I woke my headache was no better and it was getting late so I decided to give it a miss, but back to group next week for sure .
Hope you're all having a good day, I will cya laters xxx:hug99:xxx

Poor lily your head must be killing you! Hope your ok sending you positive vibes hun! Your right about that sometimes when you fight it it ends is a chocolate covered disaster! Here's to a great loss next week 

Thank you hun, I used to get really bad heads when I was a kid, can remember being indoors and watching my 6 siblings playing out when it as sunny, cos soon as I went out I'd end up with a blinding headache and then when I started work, remember getting a migraine so bad that my brother and dad had to come to where I worked and literally carry me out to the car and take me home and put me in bed with curtains drawn....haven't had those kind of heads since I was in was in my 20's until now some 30+ years later, so have made an apt with doc for next Friday (23rd), soonest they have an appt, bleddy ridiculous, and going to see what's what cos they are getting too frequent again for my liking.
I am totally against fighting my cravings, I usually just go with it when they are that strong like yesterday, I have paid the price for it this morning though, lets just say the loo was my camp out for an hour or so earlier lol, I never crave choccy hun, I'm a savoury girl.. for me it's crisps and nuts :eek: and especially nuts can't have them in the house at all...I have been known to eat a massive bag in one sitting all by myself !!
Hoping today will be a better day, had a really bad nights sleep, cramp 6 times again used to get that regularly but not had it in ages, haven't done any exercise for a few days, might be down to that, so back on it today instead of sitting on my butt lol

Have a good day hun and I'll be back later with my food diary xxx:hug99:xxx

I have 6 siblings too!! Would love to have a big family but I think I'd change my mind after the first one of two haha! Those headaches sound awful. I knew a woman that went blind with her headaches it sounds similar. Well done for getting back on the exercise wagon! I'm a savory girl too so much so that I can't have crisps in the house or I inhale them! Xx

I have 6 siblings too!! Would love to have a big family but I think I'd change my mind after the first one of two haha! Those headaches sound awful. I knew a woman that went blind with her headaches it sounds similar. Well done for getting back on the exercise wagon! I'm a savory girl too so much so that I can't have crisps in the house or I inhale them! Xx

Hello Hun, after growing up with my siblings I never wanted more than 2 kids myself lol and I had them 10 years apart, thankfully they are very close.
I really do believe the headaches are to do with my daughter, son in law and grandson moving out, they are going tomorrow and while they are only moving 40 miles away, I haven't gone a day without seeing my grandson (apart from when they were on holiday) since the day he was born and as much as my daughter and I have power struggles and she needs to go, she's my baby and the last one to fly the nest and it's making me quite tearful, I know i'm being silly and i'll see them lots, but it's not the same. I also know given time i'll love not having them about but I have loved being Mum for the last 35 years and it kind of feels like I'm redundant...before you say it I know that's not the case my eldest relies on me more since she left home and I have no doubt my youngest will follow suit it's just that initial break away.
I won't be about for a couple of days as we are helping them move and staying over night and probably won't get back till Monday.
So have a good weekend and I'll catch ya soon xxx:hug99:xxx

Morning everyone, moving day is here, van is well and truly on it's way to being packed...so what do you reckon are the odds on it snowing and settling today do you think?

Yep we got snow today of all days, now I love snow ...when I have nothing to do, wouldn't you just know that it would be our luck....I didn't realise quite how cold it was until now, what with having the front door open and having an open plan lower floor, so nowhere to hide from the cold ...I'm bleddy frozen lol...still I could count the shivering as body magic, I don't think I move that much when I do normal exercise lol...oh well time to get on with it...see you Monday unless we get snowed in lol ttfn xx:hug99:xxx

Morning lily
Happy Monday :)

good luck with the move!
hope you warm up too ! :)

Thank you hun, move went really well, it's very quiet here now with just me and Mal.
It has warmed up again tonight, hope that doesn't mean snow again ...we are driving back to Kirsty n Mark's tomorrow (Wednesday) be just our luck to have to do it in the snow lol x
Hope you're keeping well hun xx:hug99:xxx

Hope the weather improved for the move and it has all gone to plan. :D Good luck with getting the house warmed up again not to mention yourself. :D

It was brilliant, the snow melted just in time for us to get in the van/cars to make the move...I have to say Kirsty n Mark have done well for themselves ....their flat is amazing...all wooden flooring in the lounge and all down the hall, none of your laminate either it's proper decent wood...gorgeous granite surfaces in the kitchen and slate flooring, both bedrooms carpeted in a lovely dark cream carpet, she left 2 beds with lights built into the headboards, but they didn't need them so we had one of them for their room which was empty and Mark's mum had the other. She also left 2 wardrobes and 2 units, shoe unit, computer desk, sofa bed in living room and coffee table, what looks like an almost brand new huge hoover frost free fridge /freezer and a whole list of other items as well as built in hob and oven, so all Kirsty and Mark have actually had to buy are a few soft furnishings as everyone bought them stuff for xmas from a list they made, like curtains and a rug, they just bought a bargain of a heavy pine dining table and 4 chairs, really immaculate condition for just £20 :wow: and tomorrow they are having their new washing machine and tumble dryer delivered, which Kirsty's best friend has paid half of as a housewarming present (she's a single lady no kids, works and has nothing else to spend her money on lol ). Like I said they moved in Saturday, by last night (Monday) Kirsty hd everything organised and put away lol that's my girl no sitting about doing it bit by bit, get it done , she sent me pics today it looks amazing ...when they bought the flat just over 3 months ago they got it for £130,000....the valuation on it yesterday was £145,000...I do think the lady let it go cheap as she was desperate to get to London and live where she works...so we are off to see them again tomorrow to drop a few more bags of things they didn't actually take with them Saturday and we have now started to sort out the house and get it the way we want it now we don't have all their clutter lol. We got back Sunday night, I have the worst headache and I can't shift it, got docs on Friday hopefully she can determine why, although my sleep pattern has been really awful, I couldn't sleep Sunday when we got back and didn't get up till 4pm Monday and last night my red hot feet kept me awake till 5am again, off to bed now as want to get an early start in the morning.
Hope you're doing ok hun and I'll speak to you soon xxx:hug99:xxx

Morning lily
Happy Monday :)
Hey Von, hope you're keeping well, will come see you when I get 5 mins, take care ttfn xxx:hug99:xxx

Hope you're OK Lily. I see you've not been on for a few days. How did you get on at the docs?

Hello hun, please don't mention docs, I have a whole list of appointments coming up, got to have blood tests because my diabetes has gone haywire, the thrush isn't getting any better so blood tests and swabs for that and now blood tests for Arthritis cos everywhere aches real bad, especially my hips, ankles, neck and hands, tried to tell my GP it's most likely PSA (Psoriatic Arthritis) and not likely to show up on blood test and I really need to see rheumatologist first, having psoriasis for 43+ years is bound to have some effect, I was diagnosed with arthritis of the spine some 16 or so years ago, but doc didn't want to listen and insisted I go for blood test, so I will wait till I see my derm on 11th March and get her to refer me, Having said that I have to email her about a letter for housing benefits and PIP claim so might just slip in a word about a rheumatologist at the same time lol...nothing to lose eh?
I didn't go back to Kirsty's yet, hoping to go Wednesday (she works Sun, Mon and Tues) came down with worst bout of thrush last week, really starting to get to me, saw this other doc and she prescribed the blood tests etc and Fluconazole capsules 50mg a day....I think you were right, the other doc prescribing AB's was a mistake and I got the impression this doc agreed but they won't say anything against each other will they?
Also seen the Diabetic nurse and for the first time since I was diagnosed with Diabetes some 9 years ago she actually sat down and explained so much to me, mainly because I refused to keep taking the metformin, I kept on taking them for years and years and felt so ill every day that in the end I cut them out and felt so much better immediately and I decided I would just concentrate on diet and exercise which according to her is good but not good enough right now, for some reason my HBA1C levels have shot right up since I saw her about 7 months ago and are now 93 they should be no higher than about 47, when I saw her last they were 51 and we were ok with that so them being that high now is a little worrying especially as she told me if they not back to where they were when I see her in a few months, I will be put on insulin. So all the more reason to get on with this diet and exercise I guess.
I am just so tired all the time of late, I went to bed at about 4 this morning and slept right through till 2pm, not good as I have to go out tomorrow early and you can bet your bottom dollar I won't sleep tonight ...oh well lol
Enough of my moaning, hope you're keeping well and hope to catch up with you shortly hun
Oh one more thing before I disappear....In all my 56 years of life I have never had to cook for less than 5 people, even before Kirsty and Mark had Harry I would cook for 5 cos Mark would take leftovers for his lunch...so since they left and it's just me and Mal .....I am still cooking for at least 5 people lmfao...I made a pot of chicken stew last week, Mal and I had it 3 days running and then couldn't face anymore and threw the rest, which in fact wasn't that much and then tonight I made a stir fry and you got it, even though I cut down there was still enough for at least 4, guess what we have for dinner tomorrow :giggle: xxxx

OMG Lily so many appts and also quacks who don't seem to know anything and want to listen even less. So annoying. Re the thrush it's a yeast overgrowth so try to cut back on anything with yeast eg breads etc. Also yeast needs sugar to grow so cut back on both processed and natural sugars if you can. Stick with the Canestan cream and pessaries but also try to top up your good bacteria levels with either probiotic tabs or drinks as where the good bugs grow the yeast can't, That's why AB's for thrush is counter intuitive as is leaves "gaps" in your body where the yeast can proliferate. The reason the live yog helps is cause it restores some of the good bacteria to their rightful place and evicts the yeasts. It also helps restore a healthy pH which in turn slows down the yeast growth.

Hope this helps a bit and you get rid of it soon. Likewise with the diabetes levels I'm sure you'll get them back under control when you are feeling better. So annoying for you to get e doc who wont listen when you are pretty sure you arthritis is psoriasis based, You'd hope they would at least consider it as an option.

You'll get the hang of cooking smaller portions or else you'll get into the way of freezing some of it when newly cooked and having it the following week so you're not trying to force down the same meal four days running.

:bighug: Cos it sounds as though you could use one. :D

OMG Lily so many appts and also quacks who don't seem to know anything and want to listen even less. So annoying. Re the thrush it's a yeast overgrowth so try to cut back on anything with yeast eg breads etc. Also yeast needs sugar to grow so cut back on both processed and natural sugars if you can. Stick with the Canestan cream and pessaries but also try to top up your good bacteria levels with either probiotic tabs or drinks as where the good bugs grow the yeast can't, That's why AB's for thrush is counter intuitive as is leaves "gaps" in your body where the yeast can proliferate. The reason the live yog helps is cause it restores some of the good bacteria to their rightful place and evicts the yeasts. It also helps restore a healthy pH which in turn slows down the yeast growth.

Hope this helps a bit and you get rid of it soon. Likewise with the diabetes levels I'm sure you'll get them back under control when you are feeling better. So annoying for you to get e doc who wont listen when you are pretty sure you arthritis is psoriasis based, You'd hope they would at least consider it as an option.

You'll get the hang of cooking smaller portions or else you'll get into the way of freezing some of it when newly cooked and having it the following week so you're not trying to force down the same meal four days running.

:bighug: Cos it sounds as though you could use one. :D

Ah bless ya hun, that really helps, seems to me that none of the doctors ever want to explain anything anymore and getting books and reading up on it, especially diabetes, is like reading gobbledygook. This latest diabetic nurse is a godsend though she really went into a lot of detail for me and it's a lot clearer to me now, I thought I understood how to control it, seems I don't ...oh well it hasn't killed me yet and hopefully it won't :eek:
You know I am so peed off with people who haven't been alive as long as I have had this psoriasis telling me they know my body better than I do. I walked out of the appt so damn p*ssed off I could have punched someone, good job Mal wasn't too close by :giggle:
I know for a fact this is PSA it's worse when my psoriasis is worse and when the psoriasis improves a little so does the Arthritis...doesn't take a genius to work out the connection does it, or maybe it does with the docs I have seen....you know what pees me off the most though the surgery is tiny that I go to, they lay out rows of chairs and there is still only room for about a dozen people to sit and in that tiny little space they have at least 6 big posters that say....Your appointment is limited to 10 mins maximum, so Doctor can only deal with one ailment at a time...that is ludicrous, I actually was humming and harring as to which one I should talk to her about, then thought blow it I'll take my chances, I was the last one in the waiting room so went ahead and got in 4 things I needed to get seen to lol....I am such a rebel hahahaha
I do normally freeze food that is left over especially soups and stews but Kirsty and Mark thought they were doing me a favour about a month before xmas and moved my nearly 20 year old freezer to a new place and swapped the door to the other side, I don't know what they did to it but it stopped working .... to be fair they bought me a new freezer to replace it, only problem there is it's half the size and very little room to freeze anything and right now it's jam packed with veg and joints that didn't get used at xmas cos everybody was ill with colds and didn't want to eat, so got to get rid of them first before I can store my leftovers, I haven't bought any meat since xmas that's how much I had lol....having said that, the left over stir fry I made last night was absolutely amazing, it was good last night but tonight I was out of this world, think I may have to do too much stir fry again lol

Anyways hun I am off to try and catch some zzzz's got me a new meditation disc that I added to my mp3 player and tested out earlier, I was dozing within 5 minutes of putting it on so :fingerscrossed: it has the same effect now lol :nightf: sweet dreams hun and I'll catch you soon xxx:hug99:xxx

Hope you managed to get some sleep hun.

Yes my fridge freezer packed up too and why can't the new ones have the same capacity as the old ones did. They seem to have gone for drawers and partitions by the dozen and that's taken away from sheer volume. It may be easier to get to the item you want but you can only get half the amount in. I think I'd rather have the old style and go digging for what I need. I'm sure you'll get through all your stocks and get back to using the freezer regularly.

Hope you have a good day hun and feel lots better. :D

Hope you managed to get some sleep hun.

Yes my fridge freezer packed up too and why can't the new ones have the same capacity as the old ones did. They seem to have gone for drawers and partitions by the dozen and that's taken away from sheer volume. It may be easier to get to the item you want but you can only get half the amount in. I think I'd rather have the old style and go digging for what I need. I'm sure you'll get through all your stocks and get back to using the freezer regularly.

Hope you have a good day hun and feel lots better. :D

Didn't sleep too bad at all, maybe a little too long if my head is anything to go by lol I didn't wake till 12 and was asleep before 5, my bodies not used to all this sleep, it's rebelling lol.
I am having a good go at getting the diabetes back under control, it's ironic really Mal has been saying for years he'll eat what he wants cos he doesn't put on weight and I have been telling him he'll be sorry stuffing all that sugary sh!te into his body and not eating proper meals either, well last few days he has been feeling giddy and shaky and rather sickly, so I just took his blood count on an empty stomach and it's 6.7 should be between 4 & 5.9 ...looks like he may have a problem that needs sorting...as much as I feel for him he's brought this upon himself and I feel a bit smug cos he wouldn't listen lol naughty me

As soon as the new freezer arrived I took the drawers out and put them in the shed, no way I could store anything in those tiny little drawers, Mal is determined to get the food in the freezer down to a level that he can put the drawers back in cos there's only 2 of us now, but hey I can't resist a bargain, when those joints are half price etc I have to buy them and freeze them lol

Hope you're having a good day hunni xxx :hug99:xxx

Well you could have blown me down with a feather last night....2lb off...how in the hell did I do that lol....3 days bingeing and I must have had somewhere in the region of 200 syns over those 3 days....well one of 2 things happened or will happen. Number 1 is the healthy eating and exercise I did for the 3 days after my ginormous binge, worked it's magic or and I think this is more likely 2 I am playing catch up, in which case I will have an almighty whopper of a gain next week lol
Either way I am taking that 2lb and running with it, it's mine :giggle:

So my plan of action for this week and all the weeks following is to allow myself one "binge" day a week, where within reason I will have what I want, I will also have a carbs day which means I can have bread or potatoes or maybe even both and then for the other 5 days it's all 100% on plan and watching the carb intake.
I am also starting back properly on my exercise regime, starting with 20 mins a day and not the 15-60 minutes I have been doing when I could be bothered.
I actually love exercising when I am in full swing, but having that fall down the stairs last January threw me right off course and while I am still getting some aches in my arm and neck I'm not 100% convinced that's not arthritis and not to do with the accident, so I am going to take it easy to start with and see how I go, either way exercise has got to help, hasn't it?
Well I am off to have my hair cut and then do my 20 minutes and I will catch you all later, have a good one ttfn xxx:hug99:xxx

Well done on the loss hun fab result. If your body is still playing catch up you can prevent it from showing by being an angel this week. I would imaginr though that you also did a lot of running around with the move so you probably earned your loss even if you were a bit synful on some days.

Good on you getting back tot he exercise at a sensible starting level. I'm sure you;ll be back to the machine you were previously before too long. :D

Hope Mal is OK, but I agree it would be impossible to not have a brief (or longer) moment of I tols you so.

Speak again soon. :D

Back