1 Hitchhiker gone, one more still hanging on, but not for long!!

Hope Kelly gets on OK at the hospital and that you are managing to get some rest and are looking after yourself too. :D

Hey hun, I am totally exhausted, have struggled all day to stay awake, as for Kelly she had her scan today, her appointment was at 12.40 this afternoon, she got in just before 8pm tonight, she definitely has a clot in her arm, thankfully when she went to hospital on Sunday they gave her blood thinning injections which she has had to self inject. They are going to continue with them until Saturday and then has to have a blood test first thing Saturday morning and wait for the results, they have given her Warfarin but don't want her to start on them until they get the results of the blood test, then she has to go back to the hospital everyday for a month for them to monitor her and will be on the Warfarin for anything up to 6 months, not sure why that is and why they aren't keeping her in, they told her to steer clear of foods that contain Vitamin K and she has to be careful of anyone knocking her arm as that could cause more problems.
I swear that someone has it in for my family lol
As for me, I am starting to get this food addiction under a bit of control, well for now anyways, been extra good and only binged once in over a week, that's bloody amazing for me ....I had the day from hell on Tuesday, was so emotional, every time someone spoke to me I ended up in tears or biting their heads off, Kelly and I had a huge row, but soon cleared the air, Mal and I argued and again cleared the air, but I did decide to take 3 weeks off at Slimming World, to give myself a bit less pressure and just go with the flow for now, I never take any of the 6 weeks we get holiday leave each year and if I am off sick my C has never taken it off holidays, I don't know how he goes about that but I'm not going to ask and upset the apple cart, I feel a little guilty leaving him in the lurch as I am part of the social team and 2 of the others, Kelly and another lady are both off long term sick and that only leaves me and 1 other, but I'm not going to worry about that he will cope ...the good news is that according to my scales I lost 3lb since last week, so hopefully that will stay that way and will keep on going in the right direction.
I am off to my beddy byes, I am going to try and catch up with my best friend tomorrow, not really spoken to her since Christmas because of the time difference, but hopefully will grab an hour or so .
Take care and I will see you soon xxx:hug99:xxx

standard practice to start on warfarin for 6 months following a dvt, not sure of the actual basis but its to prevent a reoccurance, the clexane injections will be already breaking up the clot. Foods rich in vit k interact with the warfarin and can decrease its effectiveness, we give vit k as an antidote in cases of overdose. She will need regular blood tests while taking warfarin to ensure it is keeping the INR in range x
Avoiding having her arm knocked is to prevent bits breaking off and causing problems else where, a very rare occurance while blood thinners are being given x

I hope you are all feeling better and taking a break and giving your self less stress is probably a good think xx

take care of your self and be kind to your self , your a very special person xxx

:bighug:Hope you get a good nights sleep hun and feel better in the morning.

Sounds like they are getting on top of Kelly's clot and hopefully it will disperse without incident.

I think your break from SW will also do you good as you have more than enough to worry about without a self inflicted additional stessor. And knowing you you'll still follow the plan and will probably lose loads but the release from the rigidity of going to class will allow you to chill a bit. Anyway well done on your loss this week.

Hope you manage your chat with your Aussie pal tomorrow and it helps relax you a bit too.

:4635: Sweet dreams and wake up refreshed.

Hello lovelies, finally having a 2 day break, didn't get to talk to my friend Friday or Saturday, which were the only 2 days I could, she is away now for 2 weeks chasing her heartthrob all over Australia lol, but I have had a very much needed lay in this morning , I was so exhausted with getting up at 6am every morning and not getting back from Kelly's until 9-10pm at the earliest, that I came in the door at 10pm last night and just got straight into bed and was out cold by half past, although I have now gotten into the habit of getting up around 6am and was wide awake by 6.10 am lol forced myself to get back into bed and dozed off again till 9am was lovely.
Had a lovely catch up with my 2 sisters, something I haven't had a chance to do for 3 or 4 weeks now and my sister that I reconnected with just before xmas is coming up again in a couple of weeks to meet up with the girls, who she hasn't seen since Kelly was 15 and Kirsty was 5, they are now 35 and 25 and then we are going to Seaford, just outside Brighton in May/June to stay at hers for about a week, not sure yet exactly how long, she is going away from 21st May-6th June and she is letting us have her flat to have a break, looking forwards to it but got to find a sitter for my chessie boy can't leave him home without a sitter and don't really want him going into kennels.
Anyways today is wi day even though I have booked a few weeks off from group I am still doing wi at home as don't really want to just sit back and gain more weight, so I just weighed and I am down 2lb (My scales weigh about the same as the ones at group, never out by more than half a pound ) so getting the weight off I gained and quite enjoying it too.
Kelly is getting there she has been going to hospital everyday but now has a break till Thursday, her bloods were at 1 Saturday and then yesterday 2.3 so the warfarin is working, just need to get them thinned to 3 and yep Mandy she's likely to be on them 6 months, but every time she has bloods done now she is bruising immediately, she looks like a battered wife right now lol

She is able to do a bit more and is very stubborn and has a bit of OCD so has been getting up and cleaning...she is such a bugger, she's holding the broom in her right arm and got her left arm in a sling ...but like I said that's her Kelly, don't know where she gets her stubbornness or OCD from though :giggle:.

Anyways my lovelies, hope you're all well, just going to have my lunch, late getting up so late brekkie and now late lunch lol so Minestrone soup here I come yum yum and I will then pop back after and come see how you are all doing x

TTFN :hug99:xxx

Hello lovelies, another day another problem, I am 1000% someone is testing this family, Kelly went for her blood tests this morning they are now at 2.8, they told her she will almost definitely have clotting problems for the rest of her life, she had a clot when she had Albert, but to be honest I didn't even give that much consideration until now. I believe I told you about her nipple bleeding and that she had to go for a mammogram and it turned out she has a cyst in the milk duct, and they had set a date for the surgery to remove it on 20th May, they have moved the date forward, yeah I can't believe it's forward either lol, to the 16th April, so more to worry about, they have been trying to move the date for a while but she wouldn't accept the dates as she wanted Simon (her hubby) to be about, as much as she trusts me and her Dad, its a lot of work for us and it's easier if Si is off work and he is as it happens on the 16th and 17th, of course she's now worrying that there might be more to it as they want to move it forwards, but as I said to her she has had all the tests and they have come back negative, they told her that they want to remove it so that there is no possibility of it becoming cancerous and that if they had found something they would have discussed it with her, but she's panicking, it's just one thing after another with her and me, think we need shooting lol, not that I would ever wish any harm to any of my family but Kirsty and Mal sail through life with no problems at all while Kelly and I seem to get it all....Kelly is also Epileptic, Asthmatic, has bad Eczema and now looks like she has a break out of Psoriasis too (I do hope not).
I would love to just get up one day and have no worries, no break outs and just smile all day....ah well could be worse I guess .
Hope all is well with you all xxx:hug99:xxx

P.S. Had a mini binge last night, nowhere near as bad as normal, Mal and I had words, he is so bloody tactless at times ...said he is sick of hearing about my ailments and it puts him off, I am so damn angry....said I am sick of having them and would give my high teeth just to get up and have them disappear....so today I'm not talking to him!

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

popping in with hugs xx hoping your all doing ok xxxx

Oh Lily hun. I hope you are OK. I have just got caught up on the last week or so'd proceedings and I really feel for you. It reallly never rains but it pours eh. Thinking about you and your hun and if you feel like a chat you know where I am. :D

Thank you lovely ladies, hugs etc are just what I need right now, just can't believe just how much is going wrong, I have been hiding away as I have yet another problem with my skin and I look like a reptile.
My skin is bright red, extremely spotty (I have never had spots in my entire life, not even as a teenager) and very, very sore all over my face, went to the doctors as I actually thought I had chicken pox or something like that, seems I don't and I am waiting on an appointment, but my GP seems to think I may have peri-oral dermatitis, it's simply where I have been using topical steroids for so long and may have even gotten tem on my face, that my body has become poisoned by them and it's come out in my face.
I have had this a couple of times over the years but never as bad an outbreak as this, so I have had to stop all steroids completely and other than bathing my face in warm water and then drying and using calamine aqueous cream, I have to wait on this appt. I am seeing GP next week again as she wants to see how just using the water and cream goes before prescribing antibiotics such as tetracycline which I had for it once before. It is so bad I don't even want to go out, I'm not normally a vain person but this is so bad I feel like a freak, I took photos to show the dermatologist but even they don't show it as bad as it is.
Kelly's op has also been cancelled and she is awaiting a new date, she went for her pre-op last Thursday and was due to have the breast op this Thursday 16th when they realised she had only been on Warfarin a couple of weeks and that she need to be on them at least 6 weeks apparently, so the earliest she can have the op will be 21st May which was about the time of the date they gave her originally.
I am also just sick to the back teeth of all these things that keep happening, it's never ending ....I hate to feel like this but it's really starting to get me down, I am a positive person and I like to be as upbeat as can be but I'm beginning to feel what's the point cos the more upbeat I am the more happens to knock me down. I'm tired and would dearly love just a few days of peace.

On a brighter note, had a wonderful day at Kirsty and Mark's yesterday, with Mal, Harry, Kelly, Simon, Kia, Jack, Albert, Kia's friend and a family friend. Was just nice relaxing and being pampered....Oh and I am a new Aldi convert lol
The closest Aldi to where I live that's any good (we have a local one that's tiny and looks really grubby inside and out) is about a 25 min drive from us, so I don't bother, but there is a huge one just a couple of minutes from Kirsty and its lovely bought a ton of food there yesterday and saved myself nearly £40 with a comparable shop with Tesco. I am super impressed with the quality of the food too, so when we go see Kirsty we are going to do a big monthly shop .
Then to top it all off had £3 in my purse yesterday and decided to have a £1.50 each way bet on Many Clouds in the grand national (my father was a bookie and one of the few things I ever learnt from him was how to read form) for years now I have picked the winner but never actually bet on the horse. Yesterday as my son in law was having a little gamble I thought I would too, just wish I'd had a tenner in cash cos I would have bet that lol, but not being greedy I am happy with my £50 winnings, well £49.88 to be exact lol
Anyway I am off to start dinner so will catch you all laters, hope you have a good one xxx:hug99:xxx

56918-albums4417-picture171252.jpg

Peri-oral Dermatitis?

Well done on your national winner hun, it's about time you had a bit of luck. I always ended up with the three legged donkey any time I was in a sweep when I worked. So I never bother with real bets.

Sorry to hear about you most recent outbreak, it sounds hellish hun. I hope the quacks get you sorted out soon and that the steroid stoppage doesn't lead to a mega flare-up of your psoriasis. Keep posting here and we'll keep sending hugs, as many as you need to get you through this difficult spell.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Hello lovely ladies, I'm back for now but still not feeling 100% after I put that picture up I started a week of feeling really ill, not being able to stay awake, was getting up about 10.30am and by 2 asleep again for a minimum of 2 hours and then awake till about 9 and then awake again about 1 and then up and down all night, sleeping for an hour or 2 and then awake for an hour and so on, just feeling really exhausted.
I should have said that when I went to docs and spoke to my derm they took me off the steroid ointments only and not the tablets, I have been using aqueous emollients instead and yes my hands and feet have broken down badly and to be honest my face got 100 times worse than the picture I put up at the beginning of the week, by Tuesday my entire face and neck were covered. My Derm is now away until 1st week in May and hoping to get an appt just after that to see her, have sent all my pics and as much info as I can before she went on Friday. I could see another derm I suppose but I really don't want to start with another one at this point.
My sister and Kelly reminded me that I had almost the same thing about 10 years ago, how could I have forgotten that lol, and as I remember my GP at the time recommended Calamine Aqueous Cream so I have been using that and while you can still see my face is covered it's a lot duller in colour, if I remember rightly last time it took abut 6 weeks to completely clear up and at that point they seemed to think it was related to over use of topical steroid creams, so :fingerscrossed: it's the same thing.
I told my GP I had been researching symptoms and I wish I hadn't lol, but she seems to think I might have a few different things going on that will explain my aches and pains and I am being sent for more blood tests to see if we can get to the bottom of this.
My sister who has ME and Polymyalgia is convinced I have Polymyalgia too, I have been showing for at least 18 months symptoms very similar to hers, pain in my neck, shoulders and hips, I have also had a bad swelling on and off for some years now of my left arm and hand and even got sent to hospital with a suspected heart attack, but because I was only 47 at the time no one considered polymyalgia, I was too young apparently, these same symptoms are with me day and night and I have always put it down to some form of arthritis but wasn't sure which one.
I can't blame my GP for not recognising it because I got so fed up with doctors and aches and pains that other than my Diabetes checks I didn't go to the Doctors at all. When things got too tough I just took my Co-Codamol something I only ever do when I can't bare it anymore, I take 14 tabs a day now and don't really want to add another 6-8 a day if I don't really need to.
This in it's own turn pushed me into a really bad depressive state and all I wanted to do is eat, so I have gained yet another stone nearly.
Part of the reason I haven't been on here is cos I don't really want to be negative all the time but right now I'm not able to get to a positive state.
I have taken an extended leave from SW, I will go back but right now would be wasting my money and their time as I am just not where I need to be, I phoned Clive and told him ...he was as usual very understanding and supportive, bless him.
Having looked in my mirror and seen some improvement I am hoping that it won't be too much longer before I feel well enough and in the right frame of mind to get back on my journey.
I hope you are keeping well and I promise I will be back as soon as I can, take care for now xxx:hug99:xxx Lily xxx

Last edited:
:bighug:Oh honey I wished I lived nearer and could come round and give you a real hug cos virtual hugs just don't cut it, do they. I just wish there was something I could do to help. The only thing I will say is keep coming on here cos we will try to help if we can and don't ever worry about posting when you're on a downer we will help if we can and sympathise if we can't.

Meantime try sublingual Vit B for raising your mood. (H & B) It works wonders for me and is only vitamins.

Anyway, hope you continue to improve and it all settles soon and before you derm gets back would be best. After all who really wants to have to visit quacks all the time, I know I would rather be healthy and never need to see one again. but realistically that's not gonna happen so I just try to keep my visits to a minimum and keep plugging away.

Thinking of you hun. :sign0168:

don't stay away from us lily xx we will always be here to support you xx
like patsy i wish i was nearer and offer support in person.

You can be as negative as you like on here, thats what diaries are for, getting it out of your system

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

There will always be a hug waiting for you here xxxx

:bighug:Oh honey I wished I lived nearer and could come round and give you a real hug cos virtual hugs just don't cut it, do they. I just wish there was something I could do to help. The only thing I will say is keep coming on here cos we will try to help if we can and don't ever worry about posting when you're on a downer we will help if we can and sympathise if we can't.

Meantime try sublingual Vit B for raising your mood. (H & B) It works wonders for me and is only vitamins.

Anyway, hope you continue to improve and it all settles soon and before you derm gets back would be best. After all who really wants to have to visit quacks all the time, I know I would rather be healthy and never need to see one again. but realistically that's not gonna happen so I just try to keep my visits to a minimum and keep plugging away.

Thinking of you hun. :sign0168:

don't stay away from us lily xx we will always be here to support you xx
like patsy i wish i was nearer and offer support in person.

You can be as negative as you like on here, thats what diaries are for, getting it out of your system

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

There will always be a hug waiting for you here xxxx

Aww bless you two you really do make me smile, thank you both so much. :sign0168: too xxx:hug99: xxx
Most of the time right now I just don't have any energy, I have suddenly gone from being very active to I can barely lift my head off the pillow.
I do feel it's put that stone + back on that's made me feel that way and maybe the depression too, I don't feel like it's anything more than that, I am trying so hard to keep my eating under control but right now I have no hope, I am definitely feeling very sorry for myself and last time I did that I ended up at close to 32st. I HAVE TO STOP THIS NOW!!! I am very close and I mean half a lb off 22st again I could scream, I got down to 19st 5.5 and have put on over 2 and half stone in about 7 -8 weeks.
I keep planning meals and because my hands are so bad and I have weak willpower, Mal who hates cooking keeps getting take aways and I mean as many as 4 a week then scowls if I eat a piece of chocolate....I can't get him to understand it's killing me...or maybe he does and this is his way of getting rid of me :giggle: I know I should be strong enough to say NO and mean it but right now I'm not and that's just pushing me down further ...all my hard work is going out the window and fast :help2: I think I will have another talk with him and explain how much I need his help and hopefully get back on track.

I will pop over to your diaries tomorrow and catch up but for tonight I am pooped and going to hit the hay.
Patsy I have ordered the sublingual Vitamin B, hopefully it will be here tomorrow or day after :fingerscrossed:

You 2 really are the best friends I've never met and I really do love you, thank you for all the support girls xxx:hug99:xxxx

:nightf: and sweet dreams xxxx

Last edited:
Fab to hear from you hun. :D :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Hope Mal gets it when you speak to him. It's so hard to battle against someone who doesn't understand our food demons and seems to lack compassion for our plight.

So glad to hear you have ordered the Vit B. Hope it works for you the way it works for me and by this time next week you'll be feeling brighter. One dropperfull under your tongue each day really made a huge difference to me and once when I let myself run out and didn't get round to getting more for a couple of weeks I really felt the crash, but it was gone in a couple of days once I got the gumption to go out and get some more. Let me know how you get on with it.

Sweet dreams hun. :D

Back