10 weeks 3 stone goal!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your kind words... feeling a bit better today, we had just a day of going over everything and by about 5pm we were both shattered! My OH was made redundant at end of feb, (second redundancy in a year!), we'd already had a lot of bad things happen since November time, so this was the icing on the cake! And since feb things haven't got any better. But we sat down yesterday and just went through so many different scenarios, and different things we can do. It's extra tough because we don't have my salary to rely on anymore, I worked for years in a surgery and quit to do a full time degree, something I'd wanted to do for years, I waited until we were secure enough and then this happened. Things are just a bit stressful right now, the positive thing is we have just enough savings in the bank to see us through for a while, and we completely paid off our holiday and have the spending money already set aside, so at least we can still look forward to that!

Diet wise, I've been a bit bad last night, we were feeling *****, so ordered a Chinese! Bad I know, but I need to be honest with you all, I didn't manage to eat much of it, and didn't have any chips, I ordered a char sui pork dish with rice, carbs I know so I think the citric acid is now the least of my worries! haha But I am 100% back on it today, not seeing it as starting again, and I am still aiming for at least a 5lb loss this week to take me to my first stone! Good luck today everyone, just about to have my first pack and just had a pint of water. x

Life is pants at times but keep going im sure youll have a fab loss an ehats done is done now chin up and onwards

you know the saying: if life gives you lemons, make lemonade! It happened yesterday, line under and carry on :)

:bighug:

Hi everyone, still going strong, did 30mins of running up and down the stairs this morning! I barely made it to the desk! my legs feel like jelly. I've just had 1ltr water so far, will have oatmeal cookie around 11ish, then spag bol, green beans and mushroom around 3ish and a shake before bed. I am knee deep in uni work now, so I am busy! which is a good thing! have a presentation Monday which is meant to be a group of three, I am the only one doing it! hmmmm! x

Still think you should have a chat to your lecturer about the others in your group, not fair at all and even less fair if it's a group mark. I feel your pain though, I'm currently in my last week of finals (finish on Wednesday) and it's not fun!

However, whoop for staying strong! I don't have stairs but that is great exercise

How did the running go? It drains me running so I avoid it apart from karate.

I think that it happens a lot at uni :( people don't pull their weight in groups - although Ive been lucky so far!!

Hi everyone, having a good day so far, had a 2 egg omelette for breakfast done in fry light. I am going to have oat cookie soon, a spag bol then a bar. Have a good day, I'm still busy with coursework, so will be at that all weekend! xx

Well since Chinese gate, things are going really well, TOTM has arrived though and it's a bit messed up, won't go into detail though! I think to save any water weight mardys on Monday I will weigh in the week after, plus I did start out wanting to weigh in less often, so my next weigh in will be after my TOTM has gone. Still going strong, had my bar instead of my cookie, filling up on dr pepper zero, feeling ok, went to bed a bit dizzy last night but feel fine today! I really do wnt to hit my 3 stone goal in 8 weeks time! only 2st 5lbs to go! x

you will get there :) one day at a time

Im sure youll have a bumper loss when you weigh in, just stick with it and youll be at your target. Not sure if you can do 3 st in 8 weeks id never manage it but some people do. Plus youll lose the most you can in that 8 weeks.

Ive had a few dizzy spells this week just taking it easy really but keep that water flowing to help with any water weight.

Well I have 2st 5lbs technically to lose this next 8 weeks, and last time I did s&s I did 46lbs in 8 weeks I think, can't remember exactly but did 3st 10 in 10 weeks all together. I am hoping still to do it, not having a very nice TOTM at the minute though! I am planning to do a light sunday dinner this weekend, just a little chicken, roasted carrots, green beans, broccoli etc. I am enjoying having omelette in the morning, I have perfected them lol x

Dont think carrots are on the allowed list.

2st 5 isnt much to lose in 8 week at worst it would be pretty damn close so will look good for your holiday :)

Well I am officially 8 weeks today going to be in Canada, I have a ton of uni work to do, but I am really going to focus on stepping up the exercise and being really strict with the plan now, I think I've been a bit complacent after doing well on it last year, and thought I can get away with the odd off plan treat... Today I plan to sit and fine tune my presentation for tomorrow, going to have a 2 egg omelette at around 9ish, then oatmeal cookie at 12ish, then 3ish have spag bol and veg, then if I'm hungry later on a bar. I am taking multivits too. Going to try and just drink water today, as although I can have it, I've hardly drank water and drank mostly Dr pepper zero! I am going to make sure I have at least a pint with every meal, and then a few pints in between!

8 weeks today!

Well I am officially 8 weeks today going to be in Canada, I have a ton of uni work to do, but I am really going to focus on stepping up the exercise and being really strict with the plan now, I think I've been a bit complacent after doing well on it last year, and thought I can get away with the odd off plan treat... Today I plan to sit and fine tune my presentation for tomorrow, going to have a 2 egg omelette at around 9ish, then oatmeal cookie at 12ish, then 3ish have spag bol and veg, then if I'm hungry later on a bar. I am taking multivits too. Going to try and just drink water today, as although I can have it, I've hardly drank water and drank mostly Dr pepper zero! I am going to make sure I have at least a pint with every meal, and then a few pints in between!

8 weeks today!

8 weeks to Canada! Woohoo!
Sounds fabulous and a great goal to aim for!
I have no idea about holidays so far, so I have no major goal a the moment.

Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations. I hope it all sorts itself out soon.

I am doing a report for uni and its group work, at least 2 others are pulling there weight, there are another 2 who just haven't done much at all.
I would email your lecturer and let them know the situation, then it becomes their problem and not yours?

Hey that's group work!

I've finished the presentation now, so I am going to hook it up to the TV in a bit, print off my cue cards and have a few run throughs, because I want to know it off by heart. The other group member has not been in touch, I emailed the lecturer Friday and he basically just said to do it alone, but if she turns up Monday, stands up at the front with me, and does nothing she will still received the same grade as me. It's quite insulting, there is one of member of my course who is having the same problem as me, Its even more off putting because both myself and her are due to present last, after everyone else in their groups, so it will be us two right at the very end flying solo! I have asked that because technically we have done 15min presentations on our own, and the other groups only had to contribute 5mins worth and present 5 mins worth each, that we have a separate delivery session at the end, I don't feel it's very fair that I have had to rush the end of the presentation because the other member of my group has gone awol, I haven't had time to learn it all by heart and that I should have to sit through 12 other presentations by groups of 3, and then stand up their alone very last. I think it's disgusting.

Hi, I remember you from last year and I remember how well you did and was so inspired by you. Wondered how things had gone since then, so nice to see you back, but not, if you know what I mean.

You know you can do it, you did it before.. out of interest, why did the weight go back on? There seems to be a few people who have come back having put most of the weight back on - just wondering if thats common or not.. Have a fab Sunday anyway

What are you studying at Uni? x

It started on honeymoon, I went away for 12 days in total, and gained over a stone and a half in that time, I felt so downhearted, disappointed and angry, so I just felt like 'why do I even bother?' I got to the point where I thought I am going to have to keep doing s&s a few days per week to just maintain let alone lose more. I left my job and started uni, and didn't focus at all on diet, and before I knew it another stone crept on, I wouldn't say I'd been stuffing myself, but I wasn't dieting in any way, though I did cook a lot of slimming world type meals... I then lost a very close relative in November, suddenly, it hit my whole family very hard and we all had a terrible time, I have always been a comfort eater, I don't smoke, don't drink really so I have always turned to food in times of stress. At this time my first exams and assignments were taking place, I did get them all done and get good grades, but it was so full on. I then gained a bit more over xmas, and after xmas I tried juicing, lost 20lbs, gained it back in less than 2 weeks, just from eating normal food. Gained a bit more since then, OH was made redundant in feb for the second time in a year. We've just had a testing time, and theres a lot of other stuff I haven't mentioned, I think overall though it's been a combination of 'Yes I don't have to restrict myself anymore' feeling, then putting on such a huge amount on honeymoon, personal stress and frankly the fact that dieting has been the last thing on my mind. I was diagnosed with a severely underactive thyroid for which I have just been told I might need surgery for if my meds don't help, but to be honest, I think it probably doesn't affect my weight that much...

So here I am again, back to do the same as last year. I know I can do it, for me it's just about settling back into the routine of it... and this time, having a careful plan for maintenance.

I am studying BA Psychology, I am enjoying it, but not sure what I want to do post grad yet. xx

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it.. Hope you had a nice weekend! x

Hope your weekend went well, you have had a rough patch but you have to remember we need these so we appreciate the good times when they come...
You have each other and that counts for a lot too.
Hugs from here!

Back