10 weeks 3 stone goal!

Thanks guys, had a good day today, has omelette for breaky and bar for lunch, I had my presentation this afternoon and it went really well, phew!... Got an exam result back too, and I did really well, very happy. Also biked to and from college, it's only 15mins each way, but it was windy lol! Feeling a bit knackered and tired now, so just chilling with the OH for the evening xxx

glad it went well :) now, fancy writing my essay? ;)

Hahaa what's it on? I have got to now tackle a research report, a journal and an essay, and had two exams to revise for... Cannot wait til it's over!

I went to bed last night not having another pack, I felt sick and had a migraine, woken up this morning and said migraine is loads worse, can barely look at the screen, had some aspirin and lots of water already, had a lemon bar just now as I was hungry, feeling sick a little still but think it's more the migraine than anything else. Going to try and take it easy today x

big hugs :(

My essay is on the political influence of Richard Wagner and his music/works. It's my very last undergraduate essay!!!

Wow, good for you... bet it feels nice doesn't it! I still have two years, but can't wait for it, to be honest it's gone pretty quickly so far, it has been strange studying again after so long away from it!

It will feel better once it's written! lol Although I have only got 250 words left to write on this section that I have told myself will be written by 4pm. It feels odd that this is my last, I almost don't want to finish it if you know what I mean? Those 2 years will fly, trust me :D

I went back to uni at 28 after dropping out when I was 18 and I feel far better being there now than then. I feel that I can bring more to the classes and more receptive to learning as I want to be there.

I just turned 28, so same as you then, what are you planning post grad? I have been looking at a few grad schemes, competitive, but I am torn between teaching, or something management wise.

I'm doing an MA in history of medicine (hopefully, grades depending) then after that no idea! I was going to do teaching but with the national curriculum being up in the air at the mo there is a chance I could do all the training then be made redundant if they got rid of music teachers. History teachers there are loads of them already. I do combined music and history

Brilliant, good for you. I'm really now sure what to do, I know it's early to be thinking about it, but I'd like to have a direction in mind as I go through my second year.

Well, TOTM is bad this month, TMI but - last week I had a day on, day off, then Monday it was actually here, delightful... But I got on the scales this morning and I am fairly happy so far. I was unsure about weighing in so often so OH had gone and put the scales in the shed, full of spiders so he knows I won't go in there... I was planning on weighing on Monday but I might try and go for longer, we'll see! x

Gone well so far today... Had bar for breakfast, then oatmeal, then omelette just now, will have another oatmeal later on... Need to go and get some cinnamon to pop in it though x

grrr @ TOTM

God! that's awful, bless you... That must be playing havoc with your hormones...

So diet is going really well, I can't weigh myself as husband has well and truly hidden the scales now! haha but I know I'm losing, because a coat I had on last week was really tight on the arms and across the back, and barely did up, now it's fitting really well, and with the same jumper underneath so I know it's not because of anything else... Feeling good, and motivated, keep looking through the tumblr site for motivation, it keeps me focused! So it's 7 weeks tomorrow until I go to Canada, and the only thing I really need to work on is my fitness, I did aim to try and get a little fitter for when we go, as I will be doing a lot of outdoors stuff and don't want to look like a swollen red mess whilst doing it.

I have so much uni work, so have been chained to my desk, so my plan is... get this research report out the way, and then from sunday onwards, start dragging my butt out of bed really early and taking Luna (my puppy) for a walk for around 1 hour, walking at a good brisk pace. I also plan to do my Gillian Michaels DVD twice a week to, I hate this DVD with a passion, but it is a great 40 min workout, on the days I do the DVD I plan to have 4 packs plus protein and veg, I don't want to keel over!

So that's the plan from sunday onwards, I've got the diet down, now it's time to hit the exercise.

all sounds good :)

Hi everyone,

So I've weighed in yesterday.... Happy so far, but... I've STS for a few days.. this is normal for me in week 3, and also have TOTM.

I have decided to report my progress so far, but as of today I am not weighing in until 22nd June, the day we go on holiday. I have decided this because although I know the STS will eventually go, it does get to me. I've been 100% this week and done really well exercise wise too. I've drank so much more water than usual too. I am happy though that in 3 weeks, I have had 3 cheat meals, one was a Chinese! And I've still lost a good amount. I aim to reach my 3 stone goal by the time we jet off to Canada and I'm well on track. I will just be taking measurements and trying on my clothes to judge weight loss over the next 7 weeks.

I have 7 weeks left on plan. I have 1 off plan meal arranged, my 1st anniversary on 8th june, but I will be eating light and no pudding! I hope you guys can help keep me going for the next 7 weeks, without weighing! I have a pair of size 16 jeans that I will be trying on each week so see if there is any progress, and a top that has no stretch from my honeymoon last year!

Ok so results so far.... In 3 weeks, with 3 cheat meals, (which were all last week!) .... I have lost.... 16lbs. Very happy with this, and can really feel the difference! I have a pair of jeans that now fit loose on the waist, and a coat I was wearing this other week, was tight on my arms and would hardly do up, it fits quite well now!

Here's to the next 7 weeks and meeting my 3 stone goal! So I have 26lbs to go, which is do-able in 7 weeks. Exercise wise, I've been walking Luna for 1hr-1.30 every morning, except today, doing weights every other night, and I now plan to go cycling for 30mins every other night when I'm not weight training. this might effect the overall weight loss on the scales, but I might lose more inches. We will see.

Going to have my first protein meal of the week today, will have chicken and veg. I have been having 3-4packs in the week. Being entirely honest, some days I have two bars if I feel I need it.

Going to finish one of my uni assignments now, will be glad to see the back of it! x

Hi,

My name is Sarah,

I hope you dont mind me writing this, but i have started a CD diet today and needed some motivation, I read your list of reasons for dieting, and it really moved me. I have the exact same reasons for dieting, so just wanted to say thank you for posting it:) I will stick to my diet and I will so I can be happy and confident in myself.

I have made a list of reasons to lose weight...

1. To not avoid mirrors!
2. To like my reflection in the mirror
3. To feel comfortable sitting down (and not worry about my tummy rolls)
4. To fit back into 'slim' clothes I have in my wardrobe
5. To feel better about myself and gain confidence
6. To stop making excuses not to do things with friends or family (because I am so self conscious about my weight)
7. To be able to go for a meal without people thinking 'You should be having the salad love'
8. To not be called 'fat' all the time by random people
9. To be healthier and fitter
10. To go into shops and know they will have my size
11. To enjoy myself on holiday and feel comfortable, confident and happy
12. To make exercise easier to do
13. To go out in public and not worry about someone shouting a random insult at me
14. To feel attractive again
15. For my family and husband to be proud of me
16. To prove I do have willpower
17. To help motivate others too
18. To be able to wear tops without a cardigan
19. To wear shorts
20. To wear swimwear
21. To not have backache from sleeping (this is a new one since gaining weight!)
22. To wear nice boots that actually do up over my calves!
23. To run around with my niece and nephew and not be out of breath
24. To go up to the fourth floor at university and not feel like I'm going to die
25. To be able to eat the odd treat without someone judging me
26. To be less envious of other people and stop comparing myself to them
27. To go to parties and not feel like the biggest one there
28. To dance at parties/in clubs and not worry that people are laughing etc
29. To wear clothes because they show off my figure instead of hide it
30. To be happy!

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your message! Well done on taking that step and starting a diet, good for you. I am glad you reposted that list, it's actually good to see it again for myself! Another thing I find motivating is the tumblr fat loss site, if you type that in on google, it comes up, and there are 100s of pages of body transformations, of people of all sizes and shapes! It's really inspiring and makes you realise it is possible!

Good luck for your journey, I am sure you will do brilliantly, it's worth having a look at the list anytime you feel like giving up if that ever happens. I have 7 weeks to go until my holiday so I am gunning for 100% everyday apart from 1 single meal out with my OH.

Also, we received an invitation to a wedding in cuba next year, now, we usually don't do beach holidays or resort hols, but two weeks after the end of uni, relaxing in the sun seems lovely to me! also, massive motivation to get to my all time goal weight/size. We aren't 100% sure we are going, if finances allow we will do for sure! so that's another one on my list, 'To lay on a beach without hysterical locals trying to lift me back in the ocean, and pouring water on me to save me from drying out on the beach'

Wow! That's some list but I think we'd all pretty much write the same on here :)

Back