100%? But what about the other plans?

KD

Gone fishing
On a seperate note, I was wondering about whether there is an SS+ subforum? Would be useful for people off SS+ (especially the having the meal in the evening)... Just a thought!

Thanks KD

Yep. Get your point. But, food can be discussed on this forum...Any foods on any of the CD plans (appropriately).

IE I had some yummy chicken on the SS+ plan today. Cooked it in 'whatever' (refers to book) etc. Absolutely 100% Cambridge

Rather than

:cry: I cheated and had chicken :cry:

See the difference?

I'm sure separate forums could be given for each plan, but it would start getting complicated for members to use.

If a member really only wanted to see SS posts, with no food mentioned at all, there is the Strictly SS forum

Yep. Get your point. But, food can be discussed on this forum...Any foods on any of the CD plans (appropriately).

IE I had some yummy chicken on the SS+ plan today. Cooked it in 'whatever' (refers to book) etc. Absolutely 100% Cambridge

Rather than

:cry: I cheated and had chicken :cry:

See the difference?

I'm sure separate forums could be given for each plan, but it would start getting complicated for members to use.

If a member really only wanted to see SS posts, with no food mentioned at all, there is the Strictly SS forum

OK i see what you mean but isn't that only a moot point?

My impression from reading some of threads dealing with this issue is that it is the mention of food at all that is causing them grief.

I think that interpretation is confusing for all. So so we say Oh i had chicken and a bit more broccoli than i should have had or i had chicken but can't mention the broccoli cos i blipped by having too much?

Isn't the effect the same for those who are SS'ing?

Golly, am i hormonal or what today? Don't mean to sound narky :copon:

Not really. The idea behind the 100% forum was people who only wanted to do plans "by the book" which obviously includes SS+. For those on SS only, who don't want to see any food at all, there's the strictly SS forum.

So, you wouldn't talk on the 100% forum about 'extra' broccoli because that's not 100% IYSWIM.

Yes I get it, and i must say it's all getting confusing. We may need to think of renaming/re-ruling the forum, because new people onto the diet who come on here for support will not know about this. I certainly didn't. I have posted on cambridge 100% to get motivation and guidance from others when i have gone off the plan, and am eager to get back to 100% ! I wasn't to know that I can not post here if I am not following the diet at 100% ... and i'm sure other people will be thinking the same.

I think the question is, is there some way of have the cd forum 'rules for posting' or something, so everyone is clear?

We come on here for help, motivation and encouragement for each other, not to be worrying if we are 'blipping' on forums as well as our diets.

Feels a bit like school...think I'll stick to the average Cambridge Diet Forum

Yes I get it, and i must say it's all getting confusing. We may need to think of renaming/re-ruling the forum, because new people onto the diet who come on here for support will not know about this.

See rules at top

Cambridge Diet 100% Forum! The Cambridge Diet 100% Forum is for those following any of the Cambridge plans 100% - this includes SS+, 810 and upwards. No cheats, blips or non-legal food talk is allowed in this section. Any posts containing talk of cheats, blips or non legal food will be moved.

I do see what you mean, i really do but i think to say that people don't mind hearing about food if it is in the plan is disingenuous and confusing.

I think i am feeling a bit hurt this morning because i have lost that feeling of "belonging" that i thought i had with my group.

It says at the top of the forum what each section is about:

Cambridge Diet 100% Forum! The Cambridge Diet 100% Forum is for those following any of the Cambridge plans 100% - this includes SS+, 810 and upwards. No cheats, blips or non-legal food talk is allowed in this section. Any posts containing talk of cheats, blips or non legal food will be moved.

This was done at the request of members of the Cambridge section - they wanted somewhere 100% where no blips were allowed. Others wanted somewhere where no food at all was allowed, and that was why the Strictly SS Forum was created. Believe me, as moderators we would be happy to have it either way - we are just trying to do what people asked us to do!

I think i am feeling a bit hurt this morning because i have lost that feeling of "belonging" that i thought i had with my group.

Sorry you're feeling that way - I don't think it was intentional in any way, shape or form. There's nothing stopping your group from posting about blips in the main CD forum - you don't have to lose each other because of what you're posting about.

:sign0007:

I beg your pardon KD :eek:

:booboo::whip: On my way over to cd forum lol !

Although I have remained 100% for past 5 days!!! :p

Id rather feel a sense of 'belonging' with those of us who do occasionally blip.

Enjoy your shakes, i'll enjoy me extra chicken!!! LMAO

Id rather feel a sense of 'belonging' with those of us who do occasionally blip.

Sadly, i don't think we qualify anymore. Shall we start up a group called Blippers Anonymous? :rolleyes:

I'd rather "belong" with the 100%-ers.....it doesn't mean any one of us is better or worse-it's just where we fit in at this moment on the plan.I personally believe that the only way to succeed is to be 100%...you may believe that the odd cheat doesn't matter-and that's why we need the 100% forum to BE 100%,so that those of use who are sticking to it can do so,and that those who aren't don't have to feel guilty about not being 100%.That(in my understanding) is why there are 2 seperate forums.

There's plenty of people on the main forum who occasionally blip. Loads of support. Loads of understanding and a great sense of 'belonging'

Sadly, i don't think we qualify anymore. Shall we start up a group called Blippers Anonymous? :rolleyes:

;) 100% forum where people can come to read messages that don't include blips, except when they do. Just can't see the point of the forum as it is at the mo. How it's any different from the main one which is full of people 100%, or occasionally blip and need support.

I think we should maybe yeah. I like the name too ;)

I'm not really bothered, at the end of the day I've lost 2 stone in 6 weeks, with 3 little blips. I'm still loosing weight on the cambridge diet. If we're not welcome here then fine, i'll take my support elsewhere and get it in return somewhere else.

At least I wont be horrified :eek: and shocked by peoples ridiculously sensitive attitudes.

Food is an everyday part of life whether you eat it or not. This diet is also the same thing, whether you blip or not.

At the end of the day we all have the same goal: TO LOOSE WEIGHT - we should be supporting each other along in our different journey's, not dictating who should post where, and make people feel alien.

I've felt alien a lot of my life with bullies tormenting me with wise cracks about my weight - this forum was one place I felt I belonged and had life experiences to share with, without a worry.

Time to move on...Blipper's!!! ;)

The point is MY support group is on the CD 100% therefore i thought i would get support.

This whole discussion has now left me feeling demoralised and I have "lost" my feeling of belonging to a group. I now see that at least 2 people in my group want it to be 100% so i shall wend my weary way to the general CD forum.

It seems to have created a "them and us" atmosphere that i did not think minimins was about. Shame really. :sigh:

It is a shame, but everyone on the general cd forum is lovely, and believe it or not, we are not always 'blipping' !

You'll be made very welcome I can promise you

Hugs x x x

It is a shame, but everyone on the general cd forum is lovely, and believe it or not, we are not always 'blipping' !

Hugs x x x
Thank you..i feel rubbish at the moment. :wave_cry:

I'm sorry, but you do seem to be missing the point Emma.

At least I wont be horrified :eek: and shocked by peoples ridiculously sensitive attitudes.

Not sensitive attitudes at all. Just getting the right support in the right places.

At the end of the day we all have the same goal: TO LOOSE WEIGHT - we should be supporting each other along in our different journey's, not dictating who should post where, and make people feel alien.
Yes. Support of course. Whatever way (as long as healthy), whatever diet. But! Is it right to post asking for support for SW in the WW forum. Is it insensitive if they ask for the posts to be moved to the appropriate forum? Nope. Just that the poster would be better off posting in the SW forum

Same here.

Posting in a non blip forum about blips can happen accidentally. There is a place for those posts though. So I really can't see why a few people refuse to use it.

Hugs x x x

Excellent Emma. Got a funny feeling I might have misunderstood your previous post. Ummm. Rushing posts here to get through them. Ignore me if I misunderstood.

I need the loo!!!! :D

Back