100 cal snacks

the weight watchers lemon and ginger cookies are fab, quavers, mullerlights, mmmmm special k bliss - any flavour lol! i also like sugar puffs without milk - i cant remember the measurement but yeah - thats what i have if i want toffee popcorn :)

so much choice!!!

xx

100 cal Carrot & Coriander Soup

1kg carrots – scrubbed and chopped (280 cals)
1.2 litres vegetable stock
1 large onion – chopped (70 cals)
Coriander (e.g. Gourmet Garden, Tesco tubes of herbs, approx 20 cals per ¼ tube (25mls)) or fresh coriander if you have it
I spray of Spray Lite

Method
· Chop onion and sweat in large pot over a low heat for 10 minutes
· Add chopped carrots and stock
· Simmer for approx 30 minutes
· Add coriander (I add about half a tube per 1.2 litres stock) and simmer for a further 5 mins
· Blend and freeze in portions

I get 4 large portions out of this – that works out no more than 100cals per portion - it also freezes really well so and i then defrost/reheat in the microwave making it a quick, warm, filling and low cal snack

The snacks i have are: (warning all very chocolatey )haha

- snack size bag of choco buttons 75cal
- coco pops bar 82cal
- 5 x Heniz Biscotti 100cal
- 2 x chocolate creme orios - 100cal
- mint kitkat -107cal
- Weight Watchers Choco Roll 111cal
- Bag of Orange Fruit flakes 60cal
- Galaxy prebiotic drink

:).... oh god i feel hungry now *dribble, dribble*

Nooooo! I want chocolate!! Might have to make an Options Hot Choc and try to convince myself it's a bar of dairymilk :p

If you are feeling a bit peckish bit dont have many calories to play arond with Hartleys have a reduced fat jelly which is only 10 calories per pot, they taste yummy and they fill in the peckish moments and they cost under £1 to buy bargain in money as well as the calories

Got them! 59 cents each in Tescos - just had a strawberry one with some 0% greek yoghurt on it .. yumdiddlyumptious!

when i get hungry inbetween, instead of having chocolate i tend to for for ainsley carrot and coriander soup at 95 cals, it also tricks me into thinking i've just had a meal and its really filling.

I've made up portions of soup to start doing the same thing :)

also

sachet of sugar free jelly - make up and chill in fridge for 1-2 hours.
Before it completely sets add in 150mls of 0% greek yogurt (or natural) and whip up till frothy then return to fridge to set.

Voila - a "mouse" that has dairy goodness and is about 30 cals per portion

Thanks for that gorey girl, that sounds lush, you've caught me right on time because i've just put some jelly in the fridge to set and that sounds like a very delish recipe this makes me a very happy bunny. xx

I used to make a low fat cheescake using Quark years ago so thought i'd experiment - makes it a little more filling too.

wow, never had a clue cheesecake could be made with quark, i would love to try that, knowing its low fat aswell.

Yeah it works really well with Quark and jelly. Obviously it tastes a little different but still makes a nice dessert. Mind you have you tried the Tesco's extra light cream cheese too? I used to make a stawberry one and add some crushed strawberries to the quark mix to intensify the flavour. I also used low fat digestives. Gingernuts add an interesting twist too.

happy experimenting.

wow, sounds like you've been experimenting a lot. its also a gd way to distract yourself from food aswell

what is Quark

Thanks for the ideas.

Meringue nests are fab. 55 cals for a large one, fill with low fat yoghurt and some fruit. or crunch up for low cal eton mess. Sooo tasty x

My fave little nibble is a 2 finger mint or plain kit kat!! Its 107 calories so a little over but at least its chocolate and satisfying!! Also breakaways which are 99 calories, yummy!! :)

Hot Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms (94 Cals per mushroom)
- 4 large field mushrooms
- 4 sprays olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 shallots
- 25g/1oz fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- few fresh basil sprigs
- 25g/1oz ready to eat dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tbsp pine kernals
- 55g/2oz feta cheese
- pepper

1.Preheat oven to 180 C/ 350 F / Gas 4. Remove stalks from mushrooms and set aside. Spray base of mushrooms with oil and place base side down in a roasting tin

2. Put stalks, breadcrumbs, garlic and shallots, apricots, pine kernels and feta in a food processor. Add most of the basil (keeping enough back for garnish). Add pepper to taste.

3. Process for 1-2 minutes until a mixture the consistency of breadcrumbs is reached and divide among mushroom caps.

4. Bake for 10-12 minutes (or until mushrooms are tender and stuffing is crisp on top). Garnish and serve.

Has anyone tried "gourmet Quisine 10 cal soup"?? there's 10 calories in each soup. They're tasty. It's just something to drink if you want a hot drink but don't want tea or coffee. Its nice with weight watchers bread which are 44 cals per slice. The soups are available at Morrissons 42p for a pack of 6.

Back