100 cal snacks

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Mattesons chicken bites are amazing, sure they are slightly over at 120 cals, but I find them really filling.

Raspberry Rockets:
[*]20 raspberries (20)
[*]20 white chocolate chips (34)

Wash the raspberries by holding them under gently running water or submerging in a bowl of water and agitating gently. Allow the raspberries to air-dry by simply putting them on a towel. Once dry, insert one chip into each berry with flat side of the chip facing you. Serve.

Each serving (10 raspberry rockets) holds 27 calories

I love the Boots Shapers crisps, range between 73 and 97 cals per bag. They do popcorn too, which is OK. Also adore SlimFast choc heaven bar at 95 cals, or a big serving of grapes @ 60 cals per 100grams!

I try to avoid diet bars/desserts/choc etc, and stick to Matteson's Fridge Raiders if I'm on the go, or beef/chicken/prawns cooked in some spices.

Oh, and baked beans! Or soup.

If I want something sweet, I have one of those little Petits Filous pots - 50 cals, which is the same as a regular ginger snap biscuit!

I guess I've made the decision to cut out all the things that made me fat, instead of trying to find substitutes for them, because I really want to change the habits that got me here, permanently. I've reached "that age"!

Great philosophy PP!! I know I can't cut out choc and biccies, so am trying to have a healthier version!! :)
Oh I love Mattesons, especially that big garlic sausage thing you can get and mix up in pasta mmmmmmmm!! Not allowed until I've lost the weight!

Wow that's amazing!! Good on you girl, talk about willpower!!:talk017:

Found some fab crackers in ASDA today called Rakusen's 99% crackers. They have 1% fat (virtually no saturated fat which is the one to watch out for!)

And only 18kcals per cracker so I can have 5 in one sitting :) Had about 4 today and they kept me going!

I've made this list of snacks, hope it's useful.

Pomegranate Whole105
AppleWhole60
BananaWhole99
PearWhole69
Honey Dew Melon100g40
Water Melon100g30
Cantaloupe Melon100g20
Galia 100g20
PlumWhole35
Pineapple100g88
Boiled EggWhole70
Cracker BreadOne Piece19
Muller light YellowWhole90
Dairylea Dunkers Whole120
Walkers French FriesWhole96
Monster MunchWhole105
QuaversWhole88
Snack a JacksWhole106
cheesestring Whole69
Special K Cereal BarsWhole88
CarrotWhole30
Cucumber100g10
ApricotWhole18
Gherkins Whole20

I was very hungry so wanted something filling, but not more cucumber (lol) so I have just had a Delmonte Smoothie lollie (84 cal), and two pots of Hartleys low fat jelly (total 20 calories).

Something a bit better than plain jelly: If you make up a packet of sugar free jelly & stir in a Mullerlight yoghurt straight away, before the jelly has started to set, you get a really nice jelly mousse. Basically pour half a pint of boiling water into the jug, add the jelly crystals, top up to 1 pt & then add in the yoghurt, sitrring well.

While it's setting, if you stir it every hour or so it'll set a bit like a fruit custard, or if you just leave it it goes into 2 layers, with jelly at the bottom & mousse on the top. When I make it I pour it into 6 individual portions, so each portion has 26 cals. Tastes like it has so much more! I made a batch today with raspberry jelly & lemon cheesecake yoghurt. Yum yum!

Hi.

I've been reading this post and I have been doing Cambridge but I find it so hard So a friend suggested slim fast. Would someone advise me how it works and what you can have and have you guys had good weight losses? X thank you kindly x

Loving this thread for the snacks, got some fab ideas for low cal :D

I made myself Eton mess on Friday - heaven in a bowl! You need:

1 meringue nest
4-6 strawberries (depending on size)
Squirty cream

Break the meringue up. Chop the strawberries. Add squirty cream & mix. There are 50 cals in the meringue nest (Co-op ones, other makes have similar cals), about 20 in the strawberries (4 cals each), cals in the squirty cream vary. The one I have is a light one & is 25 cals per heaped tablespoon.

Made a gorgeous dessert which tasted like so much more than 100 calories :p

You can try this with Fage total 0% Greek yoghurt too - thick, creamy and delicious!

Back