100% Days Refocus Thread!

Great advice from Minerva as usual.
Hang on in there, I promise you won't regret it. People might be saying you look gaunt, ill etc. Funny how they never thought to say you looked too fat, unhealthy or ill before?!
It amazes me that people think they have the right to be so personal when we lose weight. Beware of those who are out to sabotage the successful dieter - and don't sabotage yourself.
Imagine how you will feel a year from now when you are fit and healthy and slim and feel good as well as look good on the beach?:character00180:

Thank you so much for that advice Minevra, makes alot of sense. (Thank you to SB too)

It's not the fact I WANT something to eat, I've felt a little dizzy and weak over the past few weeks, and with me travelling away with my friends to Magaluf in 2/3 weeks time, I really want to start introducing food (first few weeks of RTM?) - Im going to talk about it with my LLC tonight. I will 100% not touch any drink, im not bothered about that...and I am strong. It's been hard work, and all I want to do is to start introducing a small protein meal with my 3 packs. And if I do it that way I will still lose weight each week (only 2 more weigh in's to go until a fly away) it's still a VLCD.

The birthday side of things doesn't worry me, its all about being healthy. And if I think back to being 22 stone, I was very unhappy. I am now 16.4 and my target is to be 15 stone "something" before I leave.

When I return, I will deal with whatever I have gained. Because I am going to enjoy myself.

Thanks.

Well done Richie, despite the little wave of uncertainty earlier, you do seem to be in a good positive place. :)

If the coming back to food is what you're worried about - indeed introducing a little bit before you go on holiday is not a bad idea. Your body won't cope very well if you just plunge straight into eating even a little more - all of a sudden when you've gone on the trip. Your body isn't prepared for it right now. It's just not healthy to go from abstinence (which is pretty much near starvation mode) into overload. Your body will have got so used to the composition of the foodpacks, that digesting even vegetables will be a little problematic, let alone anything heavier and with fat content in it!! You will get diorrhea, stomach cramps, bloating and a very quick water weight regain. You will also experience brain chemical responses which may alter your behaviour around food and may make you ravenous.

I would suggest - as you yourself have said, switching to LL Lite for a couple of weeks beforehand, having a small protein based meal in the evenings. Having a little bit of a pre-preparation time before you go away may re-introduce a portion control element - which you can use while you're away. At this point you will be lost and confused as to how much and what you could have when you're done. Its really not as simple as we'd all like it to be... I wish !! :)

I can see you're very focused on your goal (well done!) and I can tell you, that as a man, you WILL still lose a substantial amount even following the Lite plan. Personally as a girl, I didn't see any difference in my weekly losses on Total or on Lite, but as a bloke yours will still be better as your calorie expenditure/requirement is higher.

10 out of 11 days complete. 1 day was not successful... But on the whole I'm pleased I stuck it out!! Makes me feel mcuh less guilty going on holiday now. :) I'll try to be sensible while away!

Good luck everyone, you can do it!! xx

Hi Minevra,

Just to let you know last night I had my weigh in and lost 4lb, so I am now 16 stone exactly. I have 25 days before I go away on holiday.

I had 1 chicken breast last night, with one spoonfull of fat free cottage cheese.

I was very full after, and I feel very much in control.

I would like to thank you for your advice. I spoke to my family, had thoughts myself, and had a deep conversation, and your advice was by far the best. Thanks for being part of my long journey to a new me.

I appreciate it x

Hi Minevra,

Just to let you know last night I had my weigh in and lost 4lb, so I am now 16 stone exactly. I have 25 days before I go away on holiday.

I had 1 chicken breast last night, with one spoonfull of fat free cottage cheese.

I was very full after, and I feel very much in control.

I would like to thank you for your advice. I spoke to my family, had thoughts myself, and had a deep conversation, and your advice was by far the best. Thanks for being part of my long journey to a new me.

I appreciate it x

Thanks! :D Well done on the loss! I'm glad you're feeling good and your decisions are made from a positive and happy place! :)
Remember one thing though: Even if sh*t hits the fan, there is always a towel available if you look for it! ;)

All the best to you! xx

Back