ProPoints 100lbs to lose - Carriegirl21's Diary

CarlyLanky140 said:
Well done for getting on the wii hun :) and i agree it can be very frustrating! And don't panic about using weeklies that is what they are there for... what day are u weighing at the mo?

Hope u are well xx

Hehe! I did say quite a few swears at the Wii today! ;) and at the virtual trainer haha!
Always feels better to know i did even a little exercise even if it did make me mardy ;)

I weigh-in on Monday's if I remember or Tuesday's if I forget (Wi first thing in the morning & i often just forget till after i've had brekkie & then i wuss out!)

I feel mega heavy & bloatastic tonight though as it's Totm so may not weigh tomorrow anyway - i often don't wi at Totm as i always gain & it just gets me down!
Will see how i feel in the morning.... but if my new scales arrive in the post then i guess i will HAVE to try them out! :)

Hope you are well huni - it's great seeing you here again :)

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Good luck for wi xx

Minimins app has been broken all day on my phone!! Severely annoying! Don't know if it's just my phone or internet but it's only this app that's being funny :(
I rely on this site SO much so it made me so worried not being able to read or post!
Hope this will post lol

Well my new scales got delivered! I wasn't going to weigh today like i said it's totm - no good would come of it - but i had to try my new scales eeeeeek!! They show at least a 3lb gain this week!! Really hope it's just bloat (always heavier at this time) but still don't like seeing the numbers go up AGAIN.
I can't get past that .8lb point & it's driving me cukoo!
Also i'm a bit annoyed at the new scales - they wouldn't give me the same weight twice in a row :'(
And even more annoying than weighing in 1/4lbs - it weighs in 1/5ths!!!!!!!!! Omg omg omg gaaaaaah
It did not tell me this info when I ordered it.
The only half good thing is that even though it gave me a bunch of different weights, they were all within 1lb of each other - my old scales could be 4lbs different 3times in a row! So at least these are not as far out... they are pricey ones 2 :(

I'm seeing the dietition again next week & i don't think I've lost anything this whole month - i gained & lost the same 4lbs so it's going to be sooooooo lame getting weighed there!
She was super nice & understanding about my health situations so It's not that I'm scared of her having a go at me - it's more that I don't want her thinking that I haven't been trying my hardest to get this weight off.

I do have a whole week till I see her but a miracle will not happen by then!
I think the 3lb bloat gain today has set me off on a panic - am trying to tell myself to stop being daft & just weigh in later in the week, get lots of exercise in & follow the plan & then I will know at least I'm trying my hardest.
The funny thing is that I've not gone strictly 'off-plan' at all! It just feels like it as I used all my weeklies last week & went out for 2 pub lunches & got take-away! Still all within points but it just doesn't feel possible to go out that much & still be on plan, ya know?
Oooooooof I really wish it wasn't totm - I'm in immense pain & full of stress & Rage.... and have awful cravings for chocolate!! Really has the power to make you go off plan :(
Still managed to 30mins on Wii fit :) did a mix of the EA active & EA active 'more workouts' - i do the tennis & baseball & boxing on the 1st one, then Step aerobics & boxing on the 2nd :)
Love the step on 'more workouts' - you get super hot doing it & it's much faster & has lots more moves than the first wii fit game :)
Glad to be able to do exercise again even if it's not a huge amount - i say every bit of movement helps & if you get hot & sweat then it's gotta be helping!

Oh almost forgot - i saw my consultant at the hospital yesterday & he gave me an estimate of how much I need to lose before my op..... and it's 4-5 more stones!! Am quite concerned at how on earth I will get there! I've got to stop thinking that it's got to come off super super quick - arrrrrrrr!

CGx

Hi sugar! That was a big post! Sure the dietician will help :) do u have a date for op? U can totally do this! I think it's obvs a combo of totm, and probs the change in exercise/eating! Make sure u are drinking plenty xz

CarlyLanky140 said:
Hi sugar! That was a big post! Sure the dietician will help :) do u have a date for op? U can totally do this! I think it's obvs a combo of totm, and probs the change in exercise/eating! Make sure u are drinking plenty xz

Haha! I just looked back at that post - longest ever! I sure can babble ;)
No date for the op as it has to wait for me to get the weight off first - hard to explain... obvs the sooner the better but the Doc said they certainly weren't expecting me to lose all that weight mega fast - IF I kept up my current rate of loss it could take a year to lose 5stone - now to me that sounds really quick! But it works out at 1.3lbs a week which is exactly what WW say you should be losing :)
I know it's a big ask for me to consistently lose every week (going on past attempts) but feel this time I have a bigger reason so it WILL HAPPEN!!

CGx

Well as long as u are being realistic :) maybe keep reassessing each month! U will get there when ur body is ready :) a year sounds like a nice goal xx

CarlyLanky140 said:
Well as long as u are being realistic :) maybe keep reassessing each month! U will get there when ur body is ready :) a year sounds like a nice goal xx

I've never had a reason like this in the past so my mentality has really changed - altho no matter how hard I work there is no guarantee my body will do as I say! What ever happens there is no giving up for me this time - also seeing the dietition is new for me so hope that will help me.
I can't imagine being 5stone lighter though - I've not been thst weight my whole adult life!
It's bizzare knowing it may take over a year to have my op - that's a lot more time to be in pain :(

CGx

just popping in to stalk you and remind me to come back and read from the start when I'm more with it :)

Mifford said:
just popping in to stalk you and remind me to come back and read from the start when I'm more with it :)

Ahaha thst made me chuckle as only the 1st line appeared at first on my phone ;)
Welcome to my nonsence ramblings! :D

CGx

Butternut squash has been tamed! I attacked it with this crinkle cutting blade that has a handle - usually for making chips :)
Hard to describe it but it was sooooooo much easier than using a knife! Am quite exited to see how they turn out :) have avoided them for a while after my BNS breadknife injury :(

CGx

Aw you will get there, it isn't easy to imagine a big weight loss or to imagine what you will look like when you get there. I have been gigantic for 20 years and it seemed too big a challenge to even contemplate losing anything but slow and steady wins the race (eventually) well I hope so as my weight loss journey is taking a while. You will get there eventually and get yr op and hopefully be free from pain x

breeza said:
Aw you will get there, it isn't easy to imagine a big weight loss or to imagine what you will look like when you get there. I have been gigantic for 20 years and it seemed too big a challenge to even contemplate losing anything but slow and steady wins the race (eventually) well I hope so as my weight loss journey is taking a while. You will get there eventually and get yr op and hopefully be free from pain x

Thanks for the support hun :)
Slow & steady is the only way my body will lose - can't wait for the op so it will improve my life!
Just got to keep this focus & get moving more - did a very intensive 40mins on my wii today so am smiling about that :)

CGx

See your brilliant doing yr exercising I admire you for that as I still can't motivate myself to get my fat arse up of the sofa to even attempt it lol hoping I'm going to wake up one day and feel like it :)

Trust me - i never feel like doing it! It take a mamoth effort to get me moving but once i'm half way through I start feeling glad that I managed to talk myself into it :)
I never get that endorphin rush that people talk about but afterwards I just think yes! I actually exercised!
I need to keep it up - think it will make all the difference :)

CGx

ok all caught up and can now stalk you properly :)

Really interesting read and well done for keeping going and getting this far. If I may I will now comment as follows:-

Wii fit - drives me nuts. A half hour work out takes at least 45-50 minutes which means it gets used less and less now as I prefer to work out in the morning and when it takes that long I can't fit it in. Actually to be honest its not been used in ages as I haven't worked out for a while but that's a whole different conversation ;) I used to use a personal trainer down the gym who had me boxing and I LOVED it - its the only bit I really miss so I might have to have a look at the EA sports if that's got a better boxing one on it than the wii fit. I use the Wii Fit Plus and the only problem with it is that I throw a punch properly and it doesn't register because the damn thing wants me to wave the controller up and down and not actually punch properly. I spend a lot of time swearing at it lol

Scales - mine drive me insane. I have some WW ones and they did seem to be consitent for ages but now they show me all manner of different weights and I can't rely on them at all. They never match the ones at my WW meetings but the amount they differ by changes every week as well. I might try putting a new battery in to see if that helps - but I do like that they give me my fat percentage etc. And I hate to admit it but I'm actually a fan of the 1/4lb weight changes because I generally only lose 1/2lb a week at the moment so at least if its changed by 1/4 I can feel better about myself lol

Have you thought about going along to meetings at all? Just reading through your past posts I wonder if it might help you with the support of a group to keep your positive head in place. Its made a HUGE difference to me psychologically and I know that's helped me stay on track when I've had days that I want to give up and starve myself to lose the weight. Just an idea.

Based on a comment on Breda's diary someone had suggested a book called The Beck Diet Solution. I followed one of the links from there to read the first few entries of someone's blog about it - apparently one of the things it suggests is that you write down something positive that you have achieved towards your weight loss every day rather than concentrating on the negative. I know that I tend to beat myself up over the stuff I get wrong but never recognise the positive steps that I take every day and I really like this idea to help turn around my view of myself and my diet. Its now my campaign to make us all do the same because I think every single one of us should reward ourselves for sticking with this day in day out and continuing to stick with it even when we've had a bad day.

So your first positive of the day is continuing to exercise even when you don't feel like it and I'm sure you can think of a couple of extras to add to that ;)

Oooo that's a nice long first proper post on your diary - does it show that I'm now bored with sitting on the sofa watching movies and starting to feel a bit better? lol

Oh and I NEED one of those star charts!!! I think you should get your other half to mass produce them - he'd make a fortune!!

Where can I get this beck book. Sounds good. X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Mifford said:
ok all caught up and can now stalk you properly :)

Really interesting read and well done for keeping going and getting this far. If I may I will now comment as follows:-

Wii fit - drives me nuts. A half hour work out takes at least 45-50 minutes which means it gets used less and less now as I prefer to work out in the morning and when it takes that long I can't fit it in. Actually to be honest its not been used in ages as I haven't worked out for a while but that's a whole different conversation ;) I used to use a personal trainer down the gym who had me boxing and I LOVED it - its the only bit I really miss so I might have to have a look at the EA sports if that's got a better boxing one on it than the wii fit. I use the Wii Fit Plus and the only problem with it is that I throw a punch properly and it doesn't register because the damn thing wants me to wave the controller up and down and not actually punch properly. I spend a lot of time swearing at it lol

Scales - mine drive me insane. I have some WW ones and they did seem to be consitent for ages but now they show me all manner of different weights and I can't rely on them at all. They never match the ones at my WW meetings but the amount they differ by changes every week as well. I might try putting a new battery in to see if that helps - but I do like that they give me my fat percentage etc. And I hate to admit it but I'm actually a fan of the 1/4lb weight changes because I generally only lose 1/2lb a week at the moment so at least if its changed by 1/4 I can feel better about myself lol

Have you thought about going along to meetings at all? Just reading through your past posts I wonder if it might help you with the support of a group to keep your positive head in place. Its made a HUGE difference to me psychologically and I know that's helped me stay on track when I've had days that I want to give up and starve myself to lose the weight. Just an idea.

Based on a comment on Breda's diary someone had suggested a book called The Beck Diet Solution. I followed one of the links from there to read the first few entries of someone's blog about it - apparently one of the things it suggests is that you write down something positive that you have achieved towards your weight loss every day rather than concentrating on the negative. I know that I tend to beat myself up over the stuff I get wrong but never recognise the positive steps that I take every day and I really like this idea to help turn around my view of myself and my diet. Its now my campaign to make us all do the same because I think every single one of us should reward ourselves for sticking with this day in day out and continuing to stick with it even when we've had a bad day.

So your first positive of the day is continuing to exercise even when you don't feel like it and I'm sure you can think of a couple of extras to add to that ;)

Oooo that's a nice long first proper post on your diary - does it show that I'm now bored with sitting on the sofa watching movies and starting to feel a bit better? lol

Oh and I NEED one of those star charts!!! I think you should get your other half to mass produce them - he'd make a fortune!!

Hehe me & OH were trying to see if I could the star chart up on here as a file to print out? I'm totally up for sharing :)

Hope the movies helped you on your way to feeling better hun - i'm a total movie addict so it's what I turn to when I'm poorly!

Lol! I shout at the Wii so much! The Boxing on EA active is vastly better than the wii fit one :) my fave boxing is on EA active 'more workouts' though (seperate game but really cheap) and that game has the best step aerobics 2!
I got the hang of Exerbeat a bit more yesterday as..... i unlocked a new section where you CAN pick longer workouts of combined exercises ha! I was being so impatient - glad I kept using the game as I'd never of known it was there!

I used to go to a class - i went to 2 different ones round here & quite liked going to get the weekly leaflets and be with people but I'm really shy so find it hard to talk to people :(
The reason I don't go now is that I have a lot of health issues which mean I miss about half the classes in every month & it's just silly paying for monthly pass & using it twice... also I always feel ten times worse if I have a gain & the person who weighs me see's it - I feel so guilty that someone else is witness to my failing!! I know that's a cop-out & certainly not the main reason I don't go but it makes me feel so ashamed.

That book sounds really interesting - I must look it up... I need to sort out my issues with food big time - I'm finally finally on a waiting list to see someone on Nhs about this - only got on it after I saw a dietitian last month & she wrote a big shouty letter to my gp!!

I LOVE the idea of having a positive mantra every day - I find it very difficult to give myself any praise so this would be a good way to change that :)
Unfortunatly I've had a really bad day in all respects so there is hardly anything postive I've done.... I'm still within points though & in the past I would be at leadt 30pp deep in chocolate on days like these so I'd have to say that IS a positive change I have made! :)

CGx

see now the fact you stuck to within your points is one positive. The fact you didn't resort to chocolate and resisted is a second positive. And the exercise is a third.

Three positives for yesterday it is then :)

I've missed a few weigh ins lately and will miss a few others for evening games at the footie (even worse - I end up eating crap when I'm there too as I don't get much option) but I use the e-source to do all my recording and pointing and the iphone app so it works out as being worth the money for me to do the monthly pass still.

Do you do online or are you flying solo?

I'm happy to have a reward chart emailed to me if that's possible - I can pm you my email address ;) Alternatively I may have to come up with my own design over the weekend with little rewards as I go - I like the idea of putting something so visual on my fridge to remind me every day to be aware of what I'm eating, or not eating as happens more often in my case.

Here's to another positive day today. Sparkles I'm just waiting for my Beck book to arrive and then once I've looked through it I'm all for buddying up if it helps :)

Back