10st10lbs' Diary - been away for far too long!

Wednesday 16/02

Not having a good day at all. Good food is out of the window. EDIT: ran a 14 minute mile.

Last edited:
Thursday 17/02 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- 2 choc Weetabix (HExB + 2 syns) with 200ml skimmed milk (4/7 HExA) and chopped banana

Lunch
- Quorn steak style strips with baked beans in tomato sauce
- Apple

Birthday cake :)

Walked 5km to Tesco for flowers - I kid you not.

Ran 1 mile, Wednesday's time was 14mins, Thursday's time was 12mins54secs. My legs hurt but I'm OK :)

Dinner
- Sharwood's medium egg noodles with cabbage, green peppers, mangetout, green beans, Quorn chicken style strips, baked beans in tomato sauce, and soy sauce <- this was yum and I took a picture.

Total syns: 2 + birthday cake

Friday 18/02 - Extra Easy

Gonna keep trying to go for syn-free weekends, should be OK... Gotta have a quick breakfast now and head out to uni, lots of work to do before my interview at 4pm - wish me luck, it's at Hollister. I've been told I'll get it, and my best friend Naa'il works there, he said I'll be fine as long as I act loud, funny, sexy and make an effort to get along with everyone! xxx

Well, before WI, I needed change from a tenner, so I headed to Tesco with the intention of buying a brownie :D As I got closer, I saw the Krispy Kreme sign, and so got a cookies & kreme doughnut, it was AMAZING!!! Then, as I went to the till, I walked past the long line of chocolate - talk about point of sale advertising! - and picked up an Aero Caramel, just because they're bloody everywhere these days, like the TV ad with the guy and his date and the flowers and he eats her choc, and has anyone noticed, for someone wrapped up in a towel, she gets dressed and ready pretty quick! :D

So then I walked around a bit, before going to meet my friend, and I thought we were gonna have pizza today - but he forgot... oops or yay? I couldn't decide, lol. But then we walked around the WHOLE of town for like three hours, lots of syns effectively gotten rid of, as was any sensation I possibly had in my toes, and then went back to Caffe Nero where we started, and I had a Caffe Mocha. I usually get a black coffee, so it was a big change! Oh and I had a panini, the mozzarella and vine tomatoes and basil one, is it? YUM! But I don't feel like eating lots of crap now, so that's good! However, the pizza date has been moved not to next Monday, but the Monday after - that's 2 WIs away :D And until then, I have the following committments:

Tomorrow: Coffee with a friend
Wednesday: Birthday lunch (will try to avoid cake etc but if not then no biggie, I will have another two syn-free days in the week)
Thursday: Niece's birthday (not avoiding cake! But just the one slice)
Friday: Lunch with my cousin, which will be Nando's, so I'll be fiiine :)

xxx

Hiya babe I read your post yesterday but had family visit just as I was about to reply so got distracted :sigh:.

I'm glad you had a fab munch cos you really deserved it after getting into the 8's PLUS you did all that walking around so you probably walked off loads of calories before you got started anyway so don't worry about it.

Good luck for the interview later I'm sure you'll do just fine hunny ;)

I'll pop in a bit later to see how you got on.

Ps Happy 1st Birthday do your niece from me xx

BIG mwahs! xx

Glad to hear the interview went well...Is it the Hollister at the TC?

Inshallah hun! xx

:) InshaAllah

Yep it's the one at TC... I love that place, only went for the first time on Tuesday I think, every other time I've been past it I've had to wait 10-15 mins in the queue and then given up! xxx

Friday 18/02 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- 2 chocolate Weetabix (HExB + 2 syns) with 200ml skimmed milk (4/7 HExA)
- Apple

- Black coffee with sweetener
- Cadbury's choc eclair (2 syns)
- Activia FF strawberry yoghurt

Dinner
- Scrambled eggs with baked beans in tomato sauce
- Tuna, cucumber, green beans and mangetout salad

- Coffee with 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HExA)

Total syns: 6 syns

Monday 21/02 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- 28g Special K Sustain (HExB) with 200ml skimmed milk (4/7 HExA) and chopped banana

Weighed out 2 x 28g SpK Sustain and 2 x Bran Flakes to save me from pulling the scales out every morning!

Lunch
- Boiled rice with lamb and spinach curry and baked beans in tomato sauce (any excuse to get these in...)
- Cucumber, carrot, cucumber, lettuce, cabbage and kidney bean salad with light dressing (0.5 syn)

Dinner
- Chapatti (5 syns) with carrot and potato curry (1 syn)
- Cucumber, carrot, cucumber, lettuce and kidney bean salad with light dressing (0.5 syn)
- Total 0% fat yoghurt with strawberries, Splenda and vanilla flavouring

- 150ml skimmed milky coffee (3/7 HExA) and 2 Jaffa Cakes (5 syns)

Total syns: 14 syns

Last edited:
Yeah so the weekend went out of the window - family came up from London! Lovely weekend though, but time to get back on track, and mum has decided she wants to do SW with me again so I can't afford any failure. Didn't WI this Monday as I've been busy and not been into town to go to Boots. Looking forward to WI next week though!

Hey hun,

Yay you got your mum back on it too! My mum woke up this morning and decided to throw a tantrum saying that sw WASN'T working for her but two hours later she was well impressed with herself as she fitted into an outfit that was way too tight two weeks ago so she's looking well smug with herself now...GO MUMMY!!!

Oh just popped in to let you know that I've started my own food diary. It's called Lady A's banquet. I haven't figured out how to put the link under my signature yet cos I'm a bit dim like that but one step at a time innit buddy lol! (ps I'm not one of them innit buddy girls really PROMISE!)

Checked out that place you told me for the capre, but they didn't have really dressy ones. Still without a suit and need one by Thursday or take a risk and buy one very last minute in London!!! Found 1 on Wilmslow Road, but it's short sleeve and don't want to freeze! Let me know if you know any more places for ready made clothes.

Hey hun,

Yay you got your mum back on it too! My mum woke up this morning and decided to throw a tantrum saying that sw WASN'T working for her but two hours later she was well impressed with herself as she fitted into an outfit that was way too tight two weeks ago so she's looking well smug with herself now...GO MUMMY!!!

Oh just popped in to let you know that I've started my own food diary. It's called Lady A's banquet. I haven't figured out how to put the link under my signature yet cos I'm a bit dim like that but one step at a time innit buddy lol! (ps I'm not one of them innit buddy girls really PROMISE!)

Yeah brooo ;) (Me neither - I just watched Four Lions for the first time the other night and finally understood half the jokes the world has been throwing at me since last year!)

Hahaha, go Mummy A! Although I'm guessing she's actually maybe Mummy N, or Mummy S... lol... My mum woke up this morning and went 'can I have cereal today?' and I was like 'errr.. yeah mum! There's half a banana in the kitchen for you aswell!' because it was a huge banana, and when I say huge, I mean HUGE! And I keep reminding her about 1/3 SF, but calling it 'fruit and vegetable but NOT POTATOES!'... Ahahaha...

As for links in your signature... Go onto your thread, copy the html address, then go to Quick Links (top right somewhere), Edit Your Signature, then take it from there :) xxx

Checked out that place you told me for the capre, but they didn't have really dressy ones. Still without a suit and need one by Thursday or take a risk and buy one very last minute in London!!! Found 1 on Wilmslow Road, but it's short sleeve and don't want to freeze! Let me know if you know any more places for ready made clothes.

For dressy, 'Wimmy' (I'm really making a go of being one of 'dem gyals' today!) is your best bet :p Probably Alankar I'd say, they might have some longer sleeved stuff... Or Fuschia on the corner, they're quite... modest? You can always just chuck on a nice shawl or something over the short sleeved one! What colour is it? xxx

Yeah brooo ;) (Me neither - I just watched Four Lions for the first time the other night and finally understood half the jokes the world has been throwing at me since last year!)

Hahaha, go Mummy A! Although I'm guessing she's actually maybe Mummy N, or Mummy S... lol... My mum woke up this morning and went 'can I have cereal today?' and I was like 'errr.. yeah mum! There's half a banana in the kitchen for you aswell!' because it was a huge banana, and when I say huge, I mean HUGE! And I keep reminding her about 1/3 SF, but calling it 'fruit and vegetable but NOT POTATOES!'... Ahahaha...

As for links in your signature... Go onto your thread, copy the html address, then go to Quick Links (top right somewhere), Edit Your Signature, then take it from there :) xxx

Oi Blaaaaaaaaad!! Rubber dingy rapids innit! I saw 4 Lions in the cinema and me and my mate being the only ethnics in there were the only one's cracking up through the WHOLE film - especially at the guy that got blown up in the field...How cute was he? Especially when he told them how many different voices he used to go get the supplies. It did have a sad ending though but I'm glad I watched it in the cinema . I really wanna go watch west is west with my mum n dad cos I really liked east is east and plus they've gone to Pakistan so my dad will like that. Anyways, yeah it's a mission trying to get my mum to have her super free but I keep telling her that she'll stay a motee mudge if she doesn't eat it which usually does the trick lol!

Ps my mummy's got the same surname initial as your mummy :)

Oi Blaaaaaaaaad!! Rubber dingy rapids innit! I saw 4 Lions in the cinema and me and my mate being the only ethnics in there were the only one's cracking up through the WHOLE film - especially at the guy that got blown up in the field...How cute was he? Especially when he told them how many different voices he used to go get the supplies. It did have a sad ending though but I'm glad I watched it in the cinema . I really wanna go watch west is west with my mum n dad cos I really liked east is east and plus they've gone to Pakistan so my dad will like that. Anyways, yeah it's a mission trying to get my mum to have her super free but I keep telling her that she'll stay a motee mudge if she doesn't eat it which usually does the trick lol!

Ps my mummy's got the same surname initial as your mummy :)

Hahahahaha! He covers his face to ask for bleach cuz she's got a beard innit. LOL. I love how he says 'me dad goes to the masjid!', and now every time I see Jaffa Cakes, I'm like... ****. Hahahaha... The ending was a bit of a downer though, I mean considering he had the wife and kid :(

My mum was FURIOUS when she saw my brother watching East Is East a couple of months ago, she was like 'koi scenes bachon ke liye suitable NAHI HAI' :eek:... But she's dead excited about West Is West! They keep showing the adverts for it on Star Plus! As long as there's no dodgy threesome with Mr Khan and Mrs Khans 1 & 2, I think we'll be fine :p

She's gone right off SW already, I had to remind her about SF and I let her eat her roti without saying anything, then I was like 'mum, did you weigh it?' and she was like :sigh:! And I know she had more than one biscuit when my sister's MIL came round, I KNOW she did! But she claims she had one - an Indian one at that, with no nutritional info on the packaging :mad: Who has more to lose, you or mum? (LMAO on the motee mudge thing btw!!!)

Ahh if we're talking surname initials then it's all good! Does that mean me and you have the same initials aswell then? Well, first name and surname anyway? Cause I have my dad's name in the middle...

xxx

Wednesday 23/02 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- 28g Special K Sustain (HExB) with 200ml skimmed milk (4/7 HExA) and chopped banana

- Black coffee
- Diet Pepsi

Lunch
- 2 boiled eggs with cucumber, carrot, lettuce and onion salad

Dinner
- Daal with cucumber, carrot, lettuce and onion salad

- Apple, banana, pear, grape and melon fruit salad

To-do list (made at 20:13)
- Drop grandma off home (tick)
- Do a mile on the treadmill (no tick, no access to treadmill)
- Post on here for half an hour to regain motivation! (tick)
- Watch How I Met Your Mother (tick)
- Watch 90210 (tick)
- Sort out my hair (in absolute rage about this, after being told by a girl I barely speak to at uni, that I make no effort to look good :mad: (no tick!)

Last edited:
Back