10st10lbs' Diary - been away for far too long!

Hey T :) Maybe you should join a challenge to motivate you? I really want to reach my target, I've decided rather than give up as the old me would have done about 3 days in, I will work hard till the end. Half an hour today, half an hour tomorrow, maybe 40 mins on Wednesday, I might just make it!

Spent 2 hours washing, drying, cleaning, waxing, and hoovering 2 cars, and also cleaning the windows! Fresh air + car wax + Mr Muscle = 3 of my top 10 smells! Curious to know how many calories I burnt off, but trying not to think in calories since starting SW, let's just stick to eating syns and doing body magic :)

xxx

Monday 28/06 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- Egg sandwich on 2 slices of toast (HExB)
- Light mayo (1 syn) and tomato ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch
- Cucumber, carrot, lettuce, radish, egg and potato salad, with light mayo (1 syn) and baked beans in tomato sauce
- Omelette (1 syn)

Snack
- Banana, apple, pear and strawberry smoothie (1 syn)
- Muller Light Yoghurt

Dinner
- Chapatti (5 syns) with lamb and potato curry (1 syn)
- Cucumber, carrot, lettuce, radish, egg and potato salad, with light mayo (0.5 syn)

Snack
- Grapes and banana
- Alpen Light Bar (3 syns)
- 350ml skimmed milk (HExA)

Total syns: 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1 + 0.5 + 3 = 14.5 syns

Total Wii Fit time: 40 mins :D

17kms to go! :) x

Last edited:
Hehe... well it would have been just salad, but that would have been too bland :( I like a bit of spice, so what I do is...

Take a small onion/equivalent of a small onion and slice it up real thin, fry in frylight (mum still uses oil - grrrrrrrr) with some cumin seeds until it's JUST about to burn, then chuck in a tin of baked beans... Add some salt and red chilli powder, mix it all together until hot, and turn off :) Adding some freshly cut coriander at the end gives it a beautiful fresh taste!

xxx

Tuesday 29/06 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- Egg sandwich on 2 slices of toast (HExB)
- Light mayo (1 syn) and tomato ketchup (1 syn)

(Had two eggs in the sandwich as the yellow got hard in one and I really wanted it squidgy :( Felt terribly full after! Never again :()

Lunch
- Egg noodles with chicken, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, and peas
- Steamed cauliflower, broccoli and carrot

2 syns all day and it's almost 7pm! Out of curiosity, going to scroll up and add my syns up for the week... 80.5 out of 105, my oh my, somebody will be expecting a lovely loss on Thursday!

Dinner
- Chapatti (6 syns) with lamb and potato curry (1 syn)

Snack
- Grapes
- 2 Alpen Light Bars (6 syns)

Couldn't bring myself to cut some salad... Will be making up for it with a bowl of grapes and banana soon though :)

Total syns: 1 + 1 + 6 + 1 + 6 = 15 syns

Total Wii Fit time: 20 mins :)

10km to go! Could have done without the second Alpen Light Bar (prob should have had the Choc & Fudge one first, would have satisfied me better!) but stayed within syns so no biggie :) xxx

Last edited:
Thanks for all the hints on the Wii - I hadn't realised you could change channels and still do it.

I found my 'Ab Workout for Dummies' DVD - I bought it about 5 years ago because I saw an article with Fergie from Black Eyed Peas and she said she uses it..... but its still in the wrapper :eek: I might try to get that on the go too... I should really!

Mini Milks in the freezer thanks to you! x

Thanks for all the hints on the Wii - I hadn't realised you could change channels and still do it.

I found my 'Ab Workout for Dummies' DVD - I bought it about 5 years ago because I saw an article with Fergie from Black Eyed Peas and she said she uses it..... but its still in the wrapper :eek: I might try to get that on the go too... I should really!

Mini Milks in the freezer thanks to you! x

Aww, no worries darling! :)

I ordered Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs workout DVD last week, still hasn't arrived yet :(

1.5 syns of naughtiness :p x

Hello 1010 - just thought i'd pop in and visit your diary, seeing as we're doing the july challenge and all. Eyeing up the competition!.

It's great seeing how others mix up their food combinations, as I was reading, I guessed that someone else was cooking all those curries and chapattis - mum bless her.

I'm doing slimming world with my 16 yr old daughter and so we have become firm converts to fry light - i have it in 3 different formats, although it took me a couple of weeks to completely give up the oil - I splurged on a really good non stick pan and that made all the difference.

Havent got my had around excercise just yet - apart from housework and gardening, guess its a start.

Hello 1010 - just thought i'd pop in and visit your diary, seeing as we're doing the july challenge and all. Eyeing up the competition!.

It's great seeing how others mix up their food combinations, as I was reading, I guessed that someone else was cooking all those curries and chapattis - mum bless her.

I'm doing slimming world with my 16 yr old daughter and so we have become firm converts to fry light - i have it in 3 different formats, although it took me a couple of weeks to completely give up the oil - I splurged on a really good non stick pan and that made all the difference.

Havent got my had around excercise just yet - apart from housework and gardening, guess its a start.

Hi Frances! Eye me up all you want love ;) :p

Oh, it's actually me cooking the curries and chapattis! Well, 9 out of 10 of times, haha.. Can't always make them syn free and to suit everyone's tastes though :( so try to use as little oil as possible! I try to use Fry Light for the curries and take a bit out for me and mum first before adding a bit of oil so that the others (dad, two brothers, sister) don't think they're eating diet food (they're all very much against diet food... closed-minded lot!). Sometimes it slips my mind though :( hence the syns, or sometimes the syn free amount I set aside for us just isn't enough so I take a bit more! :eek:

How's your daughter finding it? It's nice that you're doing it together :) xxx

Wednesday 30/06 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- 28g Special K Sustain (HExB) with chopped banana and 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HExA)

Lunch
- Pasta noodles with chicken, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, and peas

Snack
- Grapes

Dinner
- Chapatti (6 syns) with lamb and potato curry (1 syn)

Still got a lovely 8 syns to use tonight before WI tomorrow, just wondering if there are any Flakes left in the kitchen... Will crumble half into a smoothie with the remainer of my milk, a banana, a pear, and maybe some grapes?

Snack
- 35g Thornton's Chocolate Cake (7 syns)
- Cadbury's Highlights (1 syn) with 200ml skimmed milk (4/7 HExA)

Total syns: 6 + 1 + 7 + 1 = 15 syns

Total Wii Fit time: 30 mins :D

Almost at my target of 160km, just another 2.5 to go! xxx

160km completed, a happy bunny now :) not happy that my bad habits of chocolate (synned, however) at night are returning... Think I need to start spending more time on Minimins in the evenings and going to bed earlier, probably using up more syns during the day too... WI in 9 and a half hours! First, bed :) xxx

Last edited:
hi 1010

My daughter cooks a lot too! How lucky we muns are. ~Actually she is really enjoying the experience, wasn't ready for it before now, but she had some health issues and wanted to lose a bit for her prom outfit, and voila it seems to have done the trick. I have another daughter stick thin was the same with thumb sucking, I didn't push it too much just gentle persuasion and information and suddenly she went for it.

Is your mum online too - I'm keeping my little vice a secret for now - after all I don't get to look at my daughters facebook!

hi 1010

My daughter cooks a lot too! How lucky we muns are. ~Actually she is really enjoying the experience, wasn't ready for it before now, but she had some health issues and wanted to lose a bit for her prom outfit, and voila it seems to have done the trick. I have another daughter stick thin was the same with thumb sucking, I didn't push it too much just gentle persuasion and information and suddenly she went for it.

Is your mum online too - I'm keeping my little vice a secret for now - after all I don't get to look at my daughters facebook!

Hehe! You mummies certainly are lucky, talented daughters like us ;)

My mum's not online, she's never been that into computers and she wouldn't have any interest in getting involved now! Aww, Facebook is just her place to be a normal 16 year old kid :) atleast you have her under the same roof as you and I'm guessing doing SW together is helping you bond? xxx

Thursday 01/07 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- Alpen Light bar (1/2 HExB)
- Banana

Lunch
- Rice with chicken, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, and peas
- 1 tbsp Total 0% yoghurt
- 2 tbsp lentil soup

Snack
- Apple, pear, banana, orange and grape fruit salad

Dinner
- Rice with lentil soup
- 1 tbsp Total 0% yoghurt
- Cucumber, onion

(Boring meals today, I know... :()

Snack
- Alpen Light bar (1/2 HExB)
- 2 digestives (7 syns) and 2 chocolate digestives (8 syns)

Total syns: 7 + 8 = 15 syns :)

Will try to use more syns during the day tomorrow so I don't slip back into lots of milk and biscuits at night, as that is what I used to eat. Along with cheese on toast, nutella on toast, brioche, chocolate milk, cakes, etc... :(

Night night all xxx

Last edited:
Back