10st10lbs' Diary - been away for far too long!

Hiya
I started this week at 10stone10 so I really relate to your diary!!
Wish me luck for 1st weigh in Thursday

Hello! You will not believe it. Pulled an allnighter on Tues/Wed, finished and saved the essay at 11:56am, checked my emails at 12pm and had a message from 9:39am saying I have been granted my extension! So I did consider just going and submitting it anyway, but decided against it so that I can take the extra week to improve my points :) Still got another two assignments after this, but they're now due in March rather than Feb, so yay :) How are you for lunch not on this Tues but the one after (8th) at around 12ish? I was going to say this Tues but I have a filling appointment in the morning and I don't want to be drooling all over you :p xxx

Was going to text you earlier today to see what was up with you!
Good luck and hope you get a good grade on that assignment :)
About next Tuesday, I might have to go in to the agency about the job I'm going to start on the 14th of Feb. She still has to confirm what date they are calling me in to meet the rest of the team (it will either be the 8th or 9th, so I will let you know for sure).
Also hope you enjoy your birthday to the max - u deserve it.

Monday 31/01 - Green

- Black coffee with 1 tsp sugar (1 syn)

- Black coffee with sweetener

- Banana
- FF Activia cherry yoghurt with orange zest

Dinner
- Fried potatoes with chapatti (8.5 syns)
- Carrot, cucumber and lettuce salad with EL mayo (1 syn)

- 350ml skimmed milk (HExA) and 2 C&F Alpen Light bars (HExB)

Total syns: 10.5

forgot to wish you a happy birthday!

S'alright, I'll probably be here next January aswell :p xxx

Yay your back!

Didn't realise it was your birthday so happy belated birthday to you. Don't feel guilty about enjoying your birthday as life's too short to be worrying about that. Hope you got loadsa lurvely prezzies. I don't quite think you realize how much I need your diary for inspiration as I've got my mum doing sw with me and I need all the indian recipes that I can get. Saying that I've discovered fry light buttery and I cooked chicken curry in it today and it tastes like it's got ghee in it which makes it taste really authentic :)

Hello! I had my mum doing SW with me aswell but she used to do WW and just couldn't get her head around free foods, she'd be synning pears and cucumbers and I'd be like NO MUM! Might have to get some FL buttery when this can runs out :) Are you keeping a diary? I'll have to pop over and have a look when motivation and inspiration start running low, which seems to be every other day :( Weighed in this morning and I've gained 3lbs, which takes me back into the 9s and also back to where I was at the beginning of the year! Only myself to blame (and people who bought me cake :rolleyes:) but getting back into it! Although my uncle has promised us a dessert treat on the weekend :sigh: so I'll just have to be extra good till then :) xxx

Hiya
I started this week at 10stone10 so I really relate to your diary!!
Wish me luck for 1st weigh in Thursday

Hello Nixy! Aww I like it when new people come read my diary :) Best of luck, I'll have everything crossed for you! xxx

Was going to text you earlier today to see what was up with you!
Good luck and hope you get a good grade on that assignment :)
About next Tuesday, I might have to go in to the agency about the job I'm going to start on the 14th of Feb. She still has to confirm what date they are calling me in to meet the rest of the team (it will either be the 8th or 9th, so I will let you know for sure).
Also hope you enjoy your birthday to the max - u deserve it.

Hehe, don't say I warn you that I'm rubbish with keeping in touch :p Yeahh, do let me know, even if we can't that day then we'll plan something for another day. Congrats on the new job! I clearly haven't been on your diary enough - really missing out!! Thanks hun, enjoyed my birthday lots, will upload a pic of some of the lovely presents I got... xxx

Aaah don't worry too much about the gain hun it is your birthday week after all and lifes way too short to be stressing about all that. You've done so well since the beginning of your journey and you've juggled studies with it too so you should be extremely proud of your skinny self! Just be good for the rest of the week and enjoy the dessert your uncle brings and then carry on slimming worlding it. My mum's been great as she helps me cook - she gives me the authentic indian recipe and a tweak it to make it sw friendly so we make a good team & she loves me cos I let her have a ladoo as she hadn't had any syns today :) I haven't started a diary yet so here's an exclusive just for you:

Monday 31/01/2011 - Green Day

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HexB) sainsbury's 0.1% fat vanilla yogurt (halaal) 2 teas made with 50ml skimmed milk - part of HexA

Lunch: Omlette with onions and Slimming world chips 2 x cadburys chocolate eclairs (3 syns)

Snack: options Hot chocolate with 300ml skimmed milk Part of HexA
Dinner: Chicken Biriyaani and salad (counted half HexB for chicken as only had a cople of cubes of chicken - syn free classic chicken curry recipe out of this months SW magazine and boiled rice then layered the chicken and rice in the pot as you would normal biriyaani - was yum gonna try it with lamb next time. Dessert was 1 alpen light choc fudge (half HexB) and vanilla fat free yogurt.

Hope it looks ok there's not much veg on there as it's my first * week on sw and I'm feeling the need to comfort eat so will be very gratefull for any advice for that if you can.

Aaah don't worry too much about the gain hun it is your birthday week after all and lifes way too short to be stressing about all that. You've done so well since the beginning of your journey and you've juggled studies with it too so you should be extremely proud of your skinny self! Just be good for the rest of the week and enjoy the dessert your uncle brings and then carry on slimming worlding it. My mum's been great as she helps me cook - she gives me the authentic indian recipe and a tweak it to make it sw friendly so we make a good team & she loves me cos I let her have a ladoo as she hadn't had any syns today :) I haven't started a diary yet so here's an exclusive just for you:

Monday 31/01/2011 - Green Day

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HexB) 0.1% fat vanilla yogurt (halaal) 2 teas made with 50ml skimmed milk - part of HexA

Lunch: Omlette with onions and Slimming world chips 2 x cadburys chocolate eclairs (3 syns)

Snack: options Hot chocolate with 300ml skimmed milk Part of HexA
Dinner: Chicken Biriyaani and salad (counted half HexB for chicken as only had a cople of cubes of chicken - syn free classic chicken curry recipe out of this months SW magazine and boiled rice then layered the chicken and rice in the pot as you would normal biriyaani - was yum gonna try it with lamb next time. Dessert was 1 alpen light choc fudge (half HexB) and vanilla fat free yogurt.

Hope it looks ok there's not much veg on there as it's my first * week on sw and I'm feeling the need to comfort eat so will be very gratefull for any advice for that if you can.

:) Aww, I can tell we're gonna get along very nicely :p I had a giggle at the ladoo thing, hahahaha... Have you both got about the same amount to lose?

Oooh, your diary looks good! I find when I'm on, I eat so much more than I usually would just because I think * week is an excuse... But I will allow myself comfort food if I can make it syn free - eg SW chips with beans, a HExA cheese toastie (be really naughty, have a green day so you can have four slices of toast and double the cheese!) and ermmm, what I'm gonna try this time is getting a bag of Revels, 480 cals for the bag so 24 syns, and just take that 24 out of my 105 weekly allowance so that I can have loads of Revels one day and then none the next day if I'm not particularly craving chocolate :) Or you can do the same with a tub of Ben & Jerry's! xxx

:) Aww, I can tell we're gonna get along very nicely :p I had a giggle at the ladoo thing, hahahaha... Have you both got about the same amount to lose?

Oooh, your diary looks good! I find when I'm on, I eat so much more than I usually would just because I think * week is an excuse... But I will allow myself comfort food if I can make it syn free - eg SW chips with beans, a HExA cheese toastie (be really naughty, have a green day so you can have four slices of toast and double the cheese!) and ermmm, what I'm gonna try this time is getting a bag of Revels, 480 cals for the bag so 24 syns, and just take that 24 out of my 105 weekly allowance so that I can have loads of Revels one day and then none the next day if I'm not particularly craving chocolate :) Or you can do the same with a tub of Ben & Jerry's! xxx

Hello my lovely hope you're having a fab day. You cracked me up about the ben & jerry's & revels hun but you're right about * week being just an excuse to binge as that is exactly what I used to do. I usually get my cravings in the week leading up to it but lose my appetite when I actually pop which will hopefully be tomorrow :eek:. I think I did pretty well yesterday as I only had 5 syns and I've woken up a bit snotty today but have managed some pilates at 7am weetabix n fat free vanilla yogurt for brekkie and sw chips n beans for lunch and not a single syn in sight but the day is still young ;) Think I'll have a options with my milk allowance if I feel a craving coming on. Oh and I made chicken & spinich curry with that frylight buttery and my dad thought I'd broken my diet as it tasted really nice - think I should get paid to endorse that stuff lol! Oh skinny cow skinny dipper lollies (3 syns each) are chocolately and yum with chopped banana. Yeah me n mum are aiming for around 2 stones each but taking it a day at a time as we're both hypothyroid so it's a bit slower for us but are both begining to see a difference. How's your mum getting on with it?

Ps sorry for crashing your diary - I sooooooooo need to start my own one soon xx

I use the iPhone app too. V handy! Well done for the three 100% days!

Hello my lovely hope you're having a fab day. You cracked me up about the ben & jerry's & revels hun but you're right about * week being just an excuse to binge as that is exactly what I used to do. I usually get my cravings in the week leading up to it but lose my appetite when I actually pop which will hopefully be tomorrow :eek:. I think I did pretty well yesterday as I only had 5 syns and I've woken up a bit snotty today but have managed some pilates at 7am weetabix n fat free vanilla yogurt for brekkie and sw chips n beans for lunch and not a single syn in sight but the day is still young ;) Think I'll have a options with my milk allowance if I feel a craving coming on. Oh and I made chicken & spinich curry with that frylight buttery and my dad thought I'd broken my diet as it tasted really nice - think I should get paid to endorse that stuff lol! Oh skinny cow skinny dipper lollies (3 syns each) are chocolately and yum with chopped banana. Yeah me n mum are aiming for around 2 stones each but taking it a day at a time as we're both hypothyroid so it's a bit slower for us but are both begining to see a difference. How's your mum getting on with it?

Ps sorry for crashing your diary - I sooooooooo need to start my own one soon xx

Hey hun :) Crash away, honestly! I love having something else to read other than my own ramblings - but I saved some ramblings on Word last night when I couldn't get on here! My iPod failed on me the second time I tried to get on here through the app, grrr. I don't know what it is, I've done all sorts on the computer and laptop and I still can't get on MiniMins, but all hail uni libraries for internet access :p

Pilates at 7am?! You're brave! I've been trying to do atleast 20 situps every day (for the past two days :eek:) and managed them yesterday and the day before, hopefully will do them again today if I remember! Does pilates help weight loss/toning or do you do it for other reasons? Sorry, I'm not very tuned in when it comes to stuff like this :eek:

The lollies sound lovely! But my brothers would end up eating them all, so I'm not gonna bother hahaha... My mum gave up about a month after starting but she still tells other people to do it because she's seen the change in me from doing it. Hope you and your mum can make it through to the end!

I will have to get some of the FL buttery when this can runs out! Is your dad a bit iffy about eating 'diet food' or is he just happy with what gets put infront of him? My brothers (15 going on 50 and 10) love the SW recipes but if I dare suggest they have Highlights hot choc instead of Aero bubbles with squirty cream and sprinkles, all hell breaks loose!

Right, better run to my law tutorial... Gah, I hate the tutor, I might just grab a sheet and walk out :) xxx

Tuesday 01/02 – Green

Breakfast
- 2 chocolate Weetabix (HExB1 + 2 syns) with 200ml skimmed milk (4/7 HExA1)

- Pretzels (6 syns)

Lunch
- LF Chicken n Herb supernoodles
- Minestrone pasta mugshot
- Cucumber, carrot and lettuce salad with EL mayo (1 syn)

- 1 chocolate Weetabix (1/2 HExB2 + 1 syn) and Activia FF strawberry yoghurt

Dinner
- Mushroom soup (1/2 HExA2) with LC light triangles (1/2 HExA2)
- Tomato n Herb pasta mugshot
- EL mayo (0.5 syn)

- Black coffee and sweetener
- 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HExA1) with apple & sultana Alpen Light bar (1/2 HExB2) and 1 Jammie Dodger (4 syns)

Total syns: 14.5 syns

Wednesday 02/02 – Green

Breakfast
- Chocolate and fudge Alpen Light bar (1/2 HExB1)

Lunch
- Mushroom soup (1/2 HExA1) with LC light triangles (1/2 HExA1)
- Creamy cheese pasta mugshot (2 syns)
- Total 0% fat yoghurt with 10g Cadbury’s hot chocolate powder (2 syns) and a crumbled Danish butter cookie (2 syns)

- 1 chocolate Weetabix (1/2 HExB1 + 1 syn) with 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HExA2)
- Banana
- 4 Flying Saucers (1 syn)

Dinner
- Sharwood’s egg noodles stirfried with onion, green pepper, chopped carrot, Quorn chicken burger and soy sauce

- 200ml skimmed milk (4/7 HExA2) with chocolate and fudge Alpen light bar (1/2 HExB2) and 1 Jammie Dodger (4 syns)

Total syns: 12 syns

Having to keep a diary on Microsoft Word because I really cannot get onto MiniMins to save my life, and believe me, after the amount I’ve eaten today, I really need saving. I wanted to be snacking on superfree foods but I decided to let it be, go for whatever because tomorrow I won’t be at home and therefore not snacking at all really. Meeting a ‘friend’ for coffee around 2ish, but leaving home at 8ish, so already have a couple of Alpen lights in my bag, will probably pick up some fruit or something before I jump on the bus... Bought a pair of lovely jeans from the Monsoon sale yesterday, last day and I can’t believe they were an absolutely perfect fit! £13.50 down from £45.00, size 10, bootleg, lovely! Right, I’m going bonkers not being able to get onto MiniMins so *cue big sad face*! So I’m off, for now :)

xx

Thursday 03/02 - Green

Breakfast

- Alpen light bar (1/2 HExB2)

Lunch
- Tomato n herb pasta mugshot
- Banana

Dinner
- Mushroom soup (1/2 HExA2 + 2 syns) with 2 LC light triangles (1/2 HExA2) and onion

- 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HExA2) with 3 chocolate chip cookies (7.5 syns) and Alpen light bar (1/2 HExB2)
- Activia FF cherry yoghurt and 1 Danish butter cookie (2 syns)

Total syns: 13.5 syns

A bargain for those Monsoon jeans...I want to get out to the Outlet stores in Cheshire Oaks as I know they will have bargains out there. Last time I went I found Monsoon dresses for £5!!!!

About Tuesday...won't be able to make it (got a txt from the agency to come in at 1pm that day). Are you free any other day next week?

Friday 04/02 - Green

Breakfast
- 2 small slices wholemeal toast (HExB1) with baked beans in tomato sauce (1 syn)

- Banana
- Diet Coke

Dinner
- Sharwood’s egg noodles stirfried with onion, green pepper, chopped carrot, soy sauce and 28g cheese (HExA1)

- 350ml skimmed milk (HExA2) and 5 chocolate chip cookies (13.5 syns)

Total syns: 14.5 syns

Last edited:
A bargain for those Monsoon jeans...I want to get out to the Outlet stores in Cheshire Oaks as I know they will have bargains out there. Last time I went I found Monsoon dresses for £5!!!!

About Tuesday...won't be able to make it (got a txt from the agency to come in at 1pm that day). Are you free any other day next week?

Hey beautiful! I know, I was wearing them today and got a few compliments :) Monsoon dress for £5, wow, your Eid must have come early :p

Aww, no worries! But I hope it all goes well for you :) I'm free 12-3pm on Friday if that's any good for you? xxx

Saturday 05/02 - Green

Breakfast

Lunch
- 2 small slices wholemeal bread (HExB2) with 2 LC light triangles (1/2 HExA2), Quorn turkey style slices, cucumber, lettuce and tomato

- Grapes
- Burger King ice cream (half strawberry shortcake @ 345 kcal per serving, half sticky toffee pudding @ 276 kcal per serving, 345 + 276 = 621 / 2 = 310.5 / 20 = 15.525 = 15.5 syns)

Have had 82.5/90 weekly syns but will still aim to keep the rest of the day free, I really want to be back in the 8s. My cousin's girlfriend bought me some lovely cupcakes from Selfridges for my birthday, I've had one of six and want to treat myself to one every Saturday. I had a look on the cupcake company website (Cupcake Delights) for any nutritional information so I could work out syns from the calories, but no such luck :( So I have emailed them asking for the numbers, let's see if they get back to me... I will have one tonight and if I don't hear anything back from them by tomorrow, I'll give them a call. They are heavenly, so rich and buttery and probably easily 20 syns. I hope they do get back to me :( I wouldn't even mind cutting them in half and making them last 3 months instead of 6 weeks! But I don't want to risk them going past their sell-by date and then having to chuck them, because they're so beautiful!

Dinner
- Sharwood's medium egg noodles with green pepper, onion, soy sauce and 2 LC light triangles (1/2 HExA2)

- 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HExA1) and cupcake (X syns)

Total syns: 17.5 + X syns

Last edited:
Sunday 06/02 - Off plan

Horrible first day of period, really not in the mood to count syns :( Tomorrow will be WI and back on track x

Hiya hun,

That was me at 5:30am on thursday morning and I've been feeling psycho ever since - no jokes I could've stabbed someone an hour ago when I couldn't find my hexb co-op wholemeal pittas in the freezer. I cried in my room until my mum found them :cry:However I have been productive and I've discovered a wicked ice cream dessert:

Crumble as many alpen lights within your hexb/syn allowance into a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds top with sliced banana and then a scoop of low fat vanilla ice cream (4 syns). You can top it with melted nutella if you've got enough syns left. I've had it two days in a row and it's been keeping me on track and it reminded me of the haagen dazs parlour ;). I've also been making options hot chocolates with my milk allowance and have been sucking on a cadbury's choc eclair after meals...

BIG hugs xx

Back