Step 1 Sole Source 11 weeks until my wedding......Before & During Photos Added

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Hope 2013 brings everyone their dreams, health and happiness!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and well done you on being a good girl over christmas. Hope 2013 brings you everything you desire, being slim on top of that list of course :) xx

Well last night was the hardest so far...watching everyone sit around a table eating all sorts of yummy food while I sat in a corner with my chicken and mushroom soup! Managed to stay strong just about but I hope the next few weeks aren't as hard - one day a time - I must remember that!! I dont think I had really thought how big I had let myself get and it all hit me yesterday..Im still obese even after 12weeks of SS and 1 week of 810...I still have another 1 stone 9lbs to go before I am in the overweight category! However being 17stone is much better than being 21stone 1lbs! :)

7months and 3 days until my wedding and I just have to focus on that, my wedding dress and how happy I will be for marrying my fiance, but being able to walk down the aisle slim, happy, healthy and enjoy the food! I know it will be hard going through the maintenance steps and trying to reintroduce food, I dont want to be one of these people who bans treats completely and lives off salad (although I like salad...not that much!) - I want to be able to enjoy life still...the trick is to find the balance...to not eat a whole packet of biscuits, sweets, chocs, crisps etc all in one go. Ill cross that bridge when I come to it!!

Here is to an excellent 2013!

Having a quiet day which is lovely after the busy hectic festivities of Christmas - I love my family & friends....but when you have seen them day in day out, it is SO nice to have a day to yourself watching TV. I've been watching back to back Obese: A Year to Save My Life - it is quite eye opening and is making me realise more and more that while losing the weight is OK, the biggest battle is changing the way you think about food and make changes to your WHOLE Life! I am not entirely sure how I am going to manage my weight in the long term when I get to that stage.

The fact is I still could quite happily eat a whole packet of biscuits, crisps etc - I know about calories, I probably know most foods off by heart but its rare I actually think about it and this programme is really making me see that you cant just lose weight and then go back to your old ways. I could easily be their size (most are above 28stone...I wasn't far off anyway!) as my thought patterns and eating patterns are exactly the same. The ONLY difference is my three meals a day are quite healthy, I like my veg, fruit etc, probably to big a portions but they aren't fry ups and take aways like the people on the programme seem to live off. My downfall is the constant snacking ALL day ON TOP of the 3 meals a day.

The more I travel along the CWP path, the more I am convinced there is a FOOD ADDICTION just like any other addiction, I am a FOOD ADDICT! I cant get over how after almost 14 weeks on CWP, mentally I can still see myself binge eating - I could quite easily do it! Getting to goal and my wedding and the fact that I am not actually hungry (THANKYOU KETOSIS!) are all stopping me from eating the items NOW, but what the hell am I going to do at the end? I have said this before, I don't want to be a person that lives on rabbit food for the rest of her life... want to be able to have a naughty evening with girl friends going to cinema or snuggled up in front of a film with a few bites to eat. I suppose the secret will be to NOT binge EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! Like I did before. My worry is I don't think I am ever going to be able to stop at one chocolate, one biscuit....The psychology of this is fascinating but scary at the same time! One of the women on the programme said "I don't drink or smoke so I can eat" - its something I have said myself...but the truth is they all have the potential to kill you, the difference is you NEED Food to survive!

I have enough good reasons to lose weight:-

1) My Grandpa was 22stone when he died of a heartache at the age of 52! :eek: (I was 6 at the time and remember thinking he was old! Now after working in Care and seeing people at 104! I realise he was in the prime of his years. I was 21stone 1lbs when I started this diet and boy did the thought of my Grandpa kickstart it for me!)

2)My wedding - I want to float down the aisle like a lady, not like an elephant! I want to feel elegant, happy and healthy!

3)My Fiance and I want to start trying for a baby in the next couple of years...it will be a lot easier without the weight!

4)I have plenty of weight related ailments and I'm only 26 (27 in a few weeks!)

This journey is definitely going to be in stages!

Stage 1: LOSE WEIGHT (currently in progress and probably the easiest of the stages)
Stage 2: Maintenance Steps!
Stage 3: Toning and Fitness (although I am doing bits here and there now and will up it bit by bit during stage 2)
Stage 4: LIFE STYLE CHANGES STAY CHANGED FOR LIFE!!!! (The scariest of the stages!)
Stage 5: When the time is right, being able to get pregnant and ONLY put on BABY WEIGHT!
Stage 6: Be pre-pregnancy weight and bring up our children in a happy, healthy environment so they don't have the same issues with food I do!

That is one long journey! :eek:

Im going to attempt to be brave and upload some before and during pics!

cropped.jpg734842_10100209672117804_362800253_n.jpg

Sorry they are small - if you click on them they become bigger! :)

The one on the left on the bench is my engagement party Aug 2012 - I wasnt quite 21stone 1lbs there but about 20stone 5lbs so I went bigger! (and it was a good picture, I probably looked bigger than that! :eek:)
The one on the right is from NYE so in my 14th week and approx 56lbs lost

OMG you look amazing! You carry your weight very well, you look about 12 - 12.7 stone in your NYE pic!!! But then you are 5ft 11! I can't imagine you over 5 stone lighter! Keep up the good work :)

Thanks Chicky Noops - I do carry weight well, but the 5 stone is there...:)

Have some happy news to report today - I have my smaller size 18 jeans on which means I have lost 3 sizes in total as I was really a 24 when I started CWP back in September!! Just having a hot chocolate (CWP style!) while having a rest from making my wedding invitations. I decided to make them myself as I refuse to pay £350+ for a piece of card - it just may take a while as each one has to be printed off then cut to size! Exciting though!

I had a dilemma with the guest list last night as everyone does, went on some wedding forums but forgot that the majority of people are from the USA (I know here is mixed but more even numbers). I'm having an evening reception and inviting evening guests which is quite often done in the UK so is quite normal, but I didn't realise its a big NO NO and considered bad etiquette in the USA so i got a telling off from most the posters when I mentioned it until they realised I was from the UK and eased off a bit! :eek:

Hows everyone else? Hope you are all having a good Friday!!

Well done on the size jeans!

As for the evening invites thing, I really don't get that! Surely people would just be happy to be a part of your special day rather than not at all! The price per head for day dos is phenonmenal; I only had 45 at may day do but 150 at the night time party!

First week back onto SS and lost 6lbs!!! :bliss:Very very happy with that result!!! I am now back into the 16s! Hurrah - cant wait until the 15s!

Felt really tired yesterday though and still feel quite achy today, almost like I did when I climbed Kilimanjaro in 2010 and got a little dehydrated, I am drinking enough water so maybe the electrolytes are out? Would taking a supplement hurt do you think to see if it made a difference?

..............................................................................................................................

Chicky Noops - that's the way I see it, I would rather have someone there as part of the day rather than not at all. Hows your weekend? Im going back to work on Monday for a 12hour shift so worrying slightly that I will have the energy! :eek:

First week back onto SS and lost 6lbs!!! :bliss:Very very happy with that result!!! I am now back into the 16s! Hurrah - cant wait until the 15s!

Felt really tired yesterday though and still feel quite achy today, almost like I did when I climbed Kilimanjaro in 2010 and got a little dehydrated, I am drinking enough water so maybe the electrolytes are out? Would taking a supplement hurt do you think to see if it made a difference?

..............................................................................................................................

Chicky Noops - that's the way I see it, I would rather have someone there as part of the day rather than not at all. Hows your weekend? Im going back to work on Monday for a 12hour shift so worrying slightly that I will have the energy! :eek:

OMG - another 6lbs! Well done! Just looking at your stats and next week you should be at the half way point or there abouts! Wow! All good here thanks, back to work on Monday too. I'm sure you'll get into the swing of things, energy-wise within a day or so, and until then, there is always caffeine (that's my thinking anyway after over 2 weeks off!)

Hello, congrats on your journey so far, it's amazing !

Hi! Thank-you - Goodluck with your post pregnancy journey! Stick with it and youll be at goal in no time!!

OMG - another 6lbs! Well done! Just looking at your stats and next week you should be at the half way point or there abouts! Wow! All good here thanks, back to work on Monday too. I'm sure you'll get into the swing of things, energy-wise within a day or so, and until then, there is always caffeine (that's my thinking anyway after over 2 weeks off!)

The problem is Im not a big caffeine drinker, and when I do drink it - its with Milk (which is what I did on my 810 week - made Latte!) I'm sure I will be fine once I am there :) I couldn't believe it when I saw 6lbs - I dont think I came out of ketosis on my 810kcal week so wasn't expecting a major loss like you would do getting back into it. Looking forward to being 15stone something especially 15stone 5lbs which will give me an "overweight" BMI instead of "Obese"- hoping Ill hit the 15s for my birthday the end of Jan! What do you do for work?

The problem is Im not a big caffeine drinker, and when I do drink it - its with Milk (which is what I did on my 810 week - made Latte!) I'm sure I will be fine once I am there :) I couldn't believe it when I saw 6lbs - I dont think I came out of ketosis on my 810kcal week so wasn't expecting a major loss like you would do getting back into it. Looking forward to being 15stone something especially 15stone 5lbs which will give me an "overweight" BMI instead of "Obese"- hoping Ill hit the 15s for my birthday the end of Jan! What do you do for work?

I'm the opposite... I LOVE coffee! At one point, my wages may as well have been paid directly to Costa! I've found the change to black coffee (with a sweetener and pinch of cinammon) surprisingly easy. I only have 1 or 2 a day now generally rather than 5 or 6 coffees pre CD.

I am an Employer Responsive Manager, bascially I manage a team of tutors who deliver Apprenticeships (NVQs/Functional Skills) etc in the workplace. Lots of stress with Ofsted, financial audits, timely success and so on which are part of the reason why I am on CD in the first place! I also commute, approx 100 miles a day round trip so lots of time sat in my car!

How about you?

Happy new yr bigirl or rather not so big girl now, look at you in those 16s already, you're doing marvellously :) How'd you get on with ur first day at work? Love your before and during pics although i must agree you do look more like 12st than 17st in the pic it's remarkable.

Thanks Nina - Happy New Year to you too! :D

Chicky - Im a health care assistant - I work for an agency though so while it is "shift work" - I get control over when and how much which is lovely as it means I never have to work over Christmas etc.

................................................................................................

First day back at work went really well - I couldn't believe how easy I found it, I don't think I have EVER had that much energy at work, never mind on a 12 hour shift! Weight loss is obviously having a decent effect! Had one episode of really bad dizziness where I lost my vision for a couple of seconds, but that was just because I overheated slightly and was getting used to being in the heat of the hospital again, bent down to try and fix a bed rail and stood up too quickly! Had some water and was fine! My feet didn't hurt until about an hour before I finished and apart from a few back twinges here and there...it all seems good today too!! So success - have today off and then back in tomorrow for another 12 hours - hope it goes as well and as quick!

I'm starting to see the difference in weight myself now - still can see the weight that needs to go, but its nice to be able to look in the mirror and see more of me rather than the elephant/whale that looked back before! Cant believe Im in my 15th week!! :D

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

Yay for a good work day, nothing better to help keeping you motivated especially as you're now able to see a difference yourself :) When is it you go for your dress fittings? I hope you did pick a smaller size coz it'll be fall round your ankles the rate your going lol. Have you got anything nice planned for this week apart from working?

Week is going ok so far here, not a lot planned just work and being with hubby n Ella but for some reason that's enough to tire me out haha. I love your list of long term achievements by the way, you're approaching things so sensibly that makes is much more likely to achieve.

Well im in work til 4pm today then have to battle getting daughter to eat her T later without her shoving it my way, always smells so good too pasta anyhow have a lovely day :)

Struggling today...... I think its because I know I haven't lost much this week - back to work and with 12 hour shifts and one half hour break its difficult to plan my products never mind water!!! Been low on the water this week - will try and figure out a "routine" at work to help a bit more - its difficult though as we never know when the break will be! :( Hope everyone is having a good week

Back