12-Bore's weight loss Diary

12-Bore

Hi all,
I have just decided to start my weight loss diary, I wasn't going to start one until the new year but figured if I start now I will be two weeks ahead of plan, or thats the theory anyway.
I started dieting back in september and already I have managed to shift a few stone just by changing my diet and becoming more active, but as of tomorrow I will be starting a proper diet and exercise plan that will hopefully help me loss even more.
I am going to try and post daily what I've been upto that day and once a week post up a pic to see if anyone notices any difference, or just to humiliate myself!!

I also quit smoking yesterday aswell, haven't had a smoke since 8.30pm sunday so will also let everyone know how I'm getting on with that.
Thanks in adavnce to anyone that reads my diary and hopefully its easy to read as I'm not very good at writing, so hopefully there aren't too many mistakes..

Thanks Nigel

Hey good luck, you have done brilliantly so far. Here to follow your journey :)

Good luck bud, I think I will make a diary too soon. Also good luck on quitting the smokes!

Thanks guys

Today is my first weigh in as I finish early thursdays but I dropped my scales and smashed the glass top the other day and not had tike to get anymore yet

Well done. Don't be too hard on yourself regards to smoking. Sometimes it is better to work on one thing at a time so not to cause ourselves too much stress. Look forward to reading your diary.

Yup, hit the nail on the head Liz.

Although when I started I changed a lot of other things to. But changing smoking habits is tougher than weight loss, make sure you are not carrying too many eggs in one basket Nigel.

If your focus on your weight loss is being disrupted by quitting the smokes then it maybe be best to pick one of them to overcome first!

Oh Nigel, could you share your exercise & diet details?

Yeah giving up smoking has been a struggle. This week hasn't been my greatest but I have kept up with my diet and not not smoked either. I will post my diet and exercise plan later when I have more time

Introduction week

Ok, since my weigh in day is thursday and I haven't been on my new plan a full week yet, I have decided to make this an intro week to get myself use to it.
This week hasn't been to bad, been a bit stressed out though, yesterday was the worst, I think this is more to do with giving up smoking than the diet.
Heres a pic (taken on tuesday) so my starting point and what I am working against.

For now I'm going to keep my diet simple which will be....

6am - kelloggs special k bar

9am - 4 weetabix, 400ml whole milk

1.30pm - 4 slices whole grain bread, 150g chicken, mustard, butter - muller rice pot - banana

6.30pm - evening meal (various, will post every/ most days)

8pm - 30g porridge, 180ml whole milk

So far I have been doing ok on this and haven't snacked on anything inbetween.

Exercis wise my program is ..

Monday - cardio
Tuesday - upper body
Wednesday - cardio
Thursday - lower body
Friday - cardio
Saturday and sunday - no training

This will be what I am going for the next 2 weeks. After the the 2 weeks I will be moving onto phase 2 of my program which I will talk about closer to the time.

Just noticed I never added the pic

jt7401.jpg

Looks good bud. Keep this up and you will be in perfect shape for summer time.

Not done any exercise today and dispite being indoors all day I have only eaten 2 scrambled eggs and 2 piecese of toast. I would have eaten lunch as well but I tried to be clever and make bows for my presents instead of just using celotape as the ribbon came with the paper. All I have managed to do is fustrate myself and waste the whole day because I'm too stubborn to give up. How hard can it be to tie a bow!!!

Not done any exercise today and dispite being indoors all day I have only eaten 2 scrambled eggs and 2 piecese of toast. I would have eaten lunch as well but I tried to be clever and make bows for my presents instead of just using celotape as the ribbon came with the paper. All I have managed to do is fustrate myself and waste the whole day because I'm too stubborn to give up. How hard can it be to tie a bow!!!

Hahah my presents look awful, didn't bother using bows. Just paper and stick-on decoration.

Remember not to under-eat man!

Hope everyone is having a great christmas.

I've had a pretty hectic last few days and unfortunately my diet has suffered because of it. Yesterday the boss brought in pizza and I completely forgot I was suppose to be on a diet and today I had a big dinner at my mums so not expecting much of a loss this week.

I did however find this pic from last christmas which has made me feel a little better
View attachment 72486

If you're diet plan is working for you then great. If if it's not as good as you'd like or (if like me) you find eating refined carbs makes you want more then I'd highly recommend reading 8 Reasons Wheat is Making You Gain | Fitbie
But good luck with your weight loss - I've had pizza, bread, pancakes and white pudding in the last 3 days - not in huge amounts but I feel like crap & know I have gained, proving for me that wheat free works for me and it's worth a read if nothing else.

Wheat is one of the worst things you can eat. I still eat bread some days though, simply because it's convenience is worth it in my opinion. It is the hardest type of food to ignore.

Anyway, do not be disheartened. A couple of days won't make a big difference. Just try and make up for it in the next few days. Do some extra exercise or something! Regardless it isn't a big deal. Wouldn't worry about it.

I almost used to live off pizza hut delivery, and could eat a Large Pepperoni Pizza /w a nacho side very easily. That was like, 2500-3000 calories in one meal.

I had a pizza a couple of weeks ago and it honestly made me feel horrible. I struggled to eat it, and I did not even enjoy it that much. It was a huge indication as to how extreme my old habits were. Pizza is one of the worst foods out there, but still one of my favourites.

Anyway, I think you can still make a loss this week. Good luck!

Happy new year everyone!!

Wheat is probably my biggest problem as nearly everything I eat seems to have contain it.
since its a new year, new start and all that, decided to have a weight in this morning, I was expecting much of a loss because of christmas so was completely shocked to see I have lost 7lbs since my last weight in, I have no idea how that has happened! I do have a new set of scales that I used for the first time so maybe they aren't calibrated the same as my old ones but I'm not complaining. Also been doing a lot more exercise.

So I'm just going to carry on with what I am doing at the moment, and keep increasing my weights I'm lifting and distances I'm running and see what happens. I'm thinking about only having a weight in once a month and not weekly as I seem to work harder if I don't know my improvements.

2013-01-01 10.20.31.jpg

Nice one Nigel! You are doing fantastic bud!

Cheers bud, I'm really happy with it, now just got to keep it up.

Did you have a good new year?

I've just done my workout for the day, biceps and chest with a little cardio as well,

Been shopping today and noticed that they only seem to do the buy one, get one free and other special offers on bad foods like chocolate bars, crisps and pizzas etc. why not the healthy foods, it like they want people to be fat. I've also found writing a shopping list and sticking to it definately helps as it stops me wondering around and picking up things I shouldn't really be getting.

Today has been a rest day but I've kept up with my diet and have been drinking plenty of water but I've been thinking about increase my protein intake , in the form of protein shakes, now I'm doing a lot more exercise I just feel like I should be having more protein.

Anybody have any experience with these or which ones to use/ avoid?

Back