12 syns - whole sponge cake!!

I whisked my eggs for about 4-5 mins with an electric whisk and the mixture had more than tripled in size. I baked the cake for just under 15mins until it was golden brown. I made one on monday for the family to test first lol, they all loved it and the full cake was polished off in minutes. I then made one for taster night and it was a great success there too. It really is a lovely cake. I used spenda in the first cake and tesco sweetner in the second and they both turned out fine. x

My sponge is cooked and I've made the lemon curd to go with it. I hope it thickens as it cools!

Made one without chocolate for a change lol, put some lemon falvouring in and omg........was dilish! tasted like lemon meringue, sweetened my quark with vanilla and spread 4 tsp jam(2 syns) like a victoria sponge!

This literally sounds incredible! I am very excited to try this as I have massive cake cravings!

Was just 4 tsps of jam enough in the middle though?

Oooh I'm dreaming of cake now! xx

This literally sounds incredible! I am very excited to try this as I have massive cake cravings!

Was just 4 tsps of jam enough in the middle though?

Oooh I'm dreaming of cake now! xx

LOL yeah if spread thinly! you can put as much as you want if you have the syns!

I'm definitely going to try this, maybe with a bit of lemon essence and the syn-free lemon curd as filling! My mouth's watering already :p

Does it taste very eggy?? I've tried making one of the SW cakes before and it tasted like a spongey omlette :(

Helen xx

I have just made one and it's lovely, it is a bit sweet eggy but I'm sure if you put a nice filling in like lemon curd or another strong flavour it will mask that taste. it's worth a try :)

Yes, it does taste quite eggy. I love cake and thought that I could get over that, but I would rather use 10 syns for a 'proper' slice.

I ate some of mine warm yesterday and it was a bit eggy but I had some cold today and it's gorgeous!! I'm making another one in a minute so I can take some to work to avoid the regular unhealthy goodies that are around me :0)

I loved it! Tastes like actual cake when its cooled down :D

I loved this recipe!! made it with the syn free lemon curd (thanks for the link).

My hubby won't normally eat eggs, but enjoyed two slices of this!! Although my daughter wouldn't try it - she said it smelled of pancakes (which i suppose is right as it's practically the same ingredients!)

The lemon curd didn't even make it to a jar:rolleyes: so glad it was free.

I only joined this forum yesterday and already have enough recipe ideas to keep me on track for the next few days. Thank you sooo much x

Mmmm definitely gonna have to make this cake this weekend. Can't believe it's 12 syns!!! I've pretty much got all the ingredients too. Just have to decide what filling to use, soooooo much choice

Hi,
Your cake sounds dee-lish so is in the oven now!
I just want to double check syn values as I make it 8 syns with no filling??
2oz SR flour - 7 syns
2tsp baking powder - 1 syn

Feeling a tad daft but have I missed something?

Cheers

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

SR flour is 4.5 syn per oz so that would be 9 for 2oz plus 1 syn for the baking powder. 10 syns total if not using the filling.

Thankyou - I misread it - silly me!!

I have used strawberry fromage frais and sliced strawberries as my filling- the family can't wait!!

Cheers

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back