12 syns - whole sponge cake!!

Just made this and it was sooooo nice. Had a piece with a cuppa, in fact the whole piece on my plate was only 2.5 syns and hubby said he wanted some too so I just cut the slice in half so only 1.whtever syns, and it was filling too. Will defo do this again. May need to tweek the sweetener a bit, dont like it too sweet, find the sweetener flavour a little strong sometimes. I filled it with quark mixed with orange flavouring and a little sweetener. Hm so nice to not feel deprived!

And the quark worked quite well for me. I think perhaps I just dont like the quark mixed with chocolate as I dont like the sour and choc combo, but with the fruit flavour for me it was fine. Yipeeeeeeeee

Oh debs 154 let me know how you go on. Filled mine with quark and orange essence and little sweetener. Dont like too much as it tastes a bit artificial for my liking, you could always fill it with some syn free lemon curd, recipe on here somewhere. Does it look good though. Some people were disappointed with theirs, said it went very flat. Mine did flatten a little when out of the oven, but still plenty of cake. Would be interested to know how you go on.

Oh debs 154 let me know how you go on. Filled mine with quark and orange essence and little sweetener. Dont like too much as it tastes a bit artificial for my liking, you could always fill it with some syn free lemon curd, recipe on here somewhere. Does it look good though. Some people were disappointed with theirs, said it went very flat. Mine did flatten a little when out of the oven, but still plenty of cake. Would be interested to know how you go on.

Almost the same as you Holly nan - I don't like quark and chocolate so did the quark orange essence and sweetener and popped a few clementine segments on top.

I couldn't find 2 sponge tins and put the lot into one deep one - it rose beautifully but sunk a bit when it cooled and had a bit of a dense part at the bottom - I think this wouldn't happen if it was in 2 tins,

Will definately try again - and it hit the 'cake spot' today :D

Hiya
I have found that whisking the Greek 0% yogurt plus sweetener and essence of your choice is much creamier and less tart!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Deba 154 I must have the same type of taste buds as yourself. I think next time I wont cut it in half, just make it with cocoa and drizzle some icing sugar and water over the top, a few more syns but when portioned out prob wont be too bad. And like you I baked mine in one container, it looked too much mixture for my other tins. And yes it certainly gives you a cake hit for very few syns, well lets hope the scales show me a good loss tomorrow!

Just made this. It went perfect. I have jam fresh strawberries and when i cut w slice i put in some spray cream. Yummy xx

Attachments

• 2011-03-20 18.39.11.jpg
    2011-03-20 18.39.11.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 2011-03-20 18.39.04.jpg
    2011-03-20 18.39.04.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 145
I've made this cake loads and I love it but for some reason today I forgot the ingredients and only added 1oz of flour so mine is a little squidgy and eggy but only 4 1/2 syns so not bad, I'll still eat it :0)

Had W I lunch time and all I could think about was having a piece of my cake when I came back from group. I did put 2 tsp of baking powder in mine as well, its only 1 syn for that as I thought it may rise better. Does it still rise well without the baking powder????

hollys nan said:
Had W I lunch time and all I could think about was having a piece of my cake when I came back from group. I did put 2 tsp of baking powder in mine as well, its only 1 syn for that as I thought it may rise better. Does it still rise well without the baking powder????

I didnt put it in mine either. The pics of mine r above Mmmmmmmm x

alfsmummy11 said:
Mahooosive slice lol xx

Loving the Rupert Bear plate hun ;)

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back