12 syns - whole sponge cake!!

OOOh nice. Which cream did you put in and how many syns? I may prefer that!

Which spray cream is that alfsmummy? And did you weigh the cream when you sprayed it. Sorry to ask so many questions, but think I may really like it with proper cream as I just dont like the yoghurty/sweetener combos. Thanks very much.

hollys nan said:
Which spray cream is that alfsmummy? And did you weigh the cream when you sprayed it. Sorry to ask so many questions, but think I may really like it with proper cream as I just dont like the yoghurty/sweetener combos. Thanks very much.

Its just the anchor light. You can weigh it or its just 2 heaped tablespoons. Less messing about lol xx

Oh thats great thank you so much. Tried looking it up on the syns online, but drew a blank. Sometimes I find that syns online a pain, nothing I want to look up ever seems to be on there. Now I will be making another yummy choc cake today, with squirty cream! So excited, just dont like the yoghurt and sweetener route with choc flavour once again mega thanks!

hollys nan said:
Oh thats great thank you so much. Tried looking it up on the syns online, but drew a blank. Sometimes I find that syns online a pain, nothing I want to look up ever seems to be on there. Now I will be making another yummy choc cake today, with squirty cream! So excited, just dont like the yoghurt and sweetener route with choc flavour once again mega thanks!

Your welcome squirty cream is yummy i love it and its low in the ol syns xx

And thats what we like isnt it? Would you say that that amount of cream 12.5g covers half the cake or do you just squirt a bit on when you cut a slice off? Yes I am a pain LOL x

hollys nan said:
And thats what we like isnt it? Would you say that that amount of cream 12.5g covers half the cake or do you just squirt a bit on when you cut a slice off? Yes I am a pain LOL x

I just use per slice don't think it would cover xx

Bought the squirty cream today, so will be making a choc cake tomorrow. Thank you so much for this creamy info!!! Cant wait!

Yes will have to try this syn free lemon curd as I really dont like the quark mix at all, have tried tweeking ie more sweetener (tastes too artificial) more essence (too strong) so have decided to just go with the cream at 1 syn per 12.5g, that is quite a lot of cream, still very low syn for a great wodge (northern speak for loads) of cake!!

hollys nan said:
Yes will have to try this syn free lemon curd as I really dont like the quark mix at all, have tried tweeking ie more sweetener (tastes too artificial) more essence (too strong) so have decided to just go with the cream at 1 syn per 12.5g, that is quite a lot of cream, still very low syn for a great wodge (northern speak for loads) of cake!!

Mmmmmmmm im going to make another tomoz xx

I cant get enough of it alfsmummy! Think I will make half the recipe and make the choc one, hubby doesnt like choc cake (yes I know how strange) so there will just be enough for meeeeeeeee and will only be 5 syns yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

i might be being dense but is it 12 syns for the whole cake without the jam?if so how many syns would it be with the jam? sorry for being dumb. lol xxxx

im being silly i know lol

i know im dense but im just wondering wit the sponge cake recipe thats 12 syns for the whole cake, does that include using the jam as a filling does anybody know? or do u add the jam as extra syns? ahh!! any hlep wud be very appreciated! thankyou! xxxxx

Back