12 syns - whole sponge cake!!

wow, gonna try this in the week, seems 2 good to be true but obvs not!! yum yum x

me too gona try it today:)
thanku circes once again! xxx

Yes there is a recipe floating around somewhere without the baking powder but I thought for just 1 syn it may rise more! So 10 syns before the jam. I use squirty cream, dont like the quark, but if you do use that it is still only 10 syns total enjoy!!!

I have adapted this recipe. I hope it works out.

5 Eggs
2 Ounces of Sr flour
7 Tablespoons Sweetner
3 Lemons. Juice of 3 rind of 1.
Lemon essence

Blend or whisk eggs Sweetner and essence for about 10 mins.
Add in flour and lemons

Pour into muffins cases and bake for about 10~15 mins.

alfsmummy11 said:
I have adapted this recipe. I hope it works out.

5 Eggs
2 Ounces of Sr flour
7 Tablespoons Sweetner
3 Lemons. Juice of 3 rind of 1.
Lemon essence

Blend or whisk eggs Sweetner and essence for about 10 mins.
Add in flour and lemons

Pour into muffins cases and bake for about 10~15 mins.

Once cool im going to weigh out and make up some icing sugar mixed with lemon essence and drizzle over. Hope they r nice :))

Loving the threads ladies :D

Dying to make this sponge cake now :) someone mentioned chocolate cake?any recipes for that?

If your putting icing sugar and vanilla essence on ..... How many syns?

:D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

alfsmummy11 said:
Once cool im going to weigh out and make up some icing sugar mixed with lemon essence and drizzle over. Hope they r nice :))

Omg. Just put on my icing sugar. These r yummy. Made 12 cakes at 1.2 syns each xx

i used a seive and dusted the top of my sponge cake with 1 tsp of icing sugar(1syn?)so divided between 4 peices pretty much synless for the icing sugar :) havnt tried it yet tho, gona have it with squirty cream in a bit! xxxx

Sorry I'm prob just being thick but do you just mix with water? Is it supposed to be runny??
Sorry for appearing divvy I'm not a cook at all lol

christmasfairy1 said:
Sorry I'm prob just being thick but do you just mix with water? Is it supposed to be runny??
Sorry for appearing divvy I'm not a cook at all lol

I mixed mine with lemon essence. It was a few drops one at a time n was v thick x

I suppose you could mix with a little bit of lemon juice which would not be as strong and artificial tasting, but then I think you would have to syn it, but if it is just a tiny amount would not be so bad. Thanks alfsmummy for this!

Oh wow!
What great news to wake up too! Sounds yummy, got everything but the baking powder, so I'm gonna have to RUN to the shops.
Thanks

xxxxx

I only use it because thats what the recipe says but there are two recipes about! If it rises OK without the B P then it will be less syns than the 10 for the whole big cake. Took the recipe into my group today, everyone seemed to be interested hmmmm lovely. Thanks for the lemon cakes idea, we are so resourseful on here arent we loving it! x

Back