12 weeks Sole Source

0mega

A few queries regarding the recommended max duration of SS.

Has anyone not stopped Sole Source after 12 weeks? What should you do on the 13th week, are you allowed to go back on it on the 14th week? What are the implications of not taking a week "off"?

Your CDC should discuss it with you I think. If you still have a lot of weight to lose you can go back on SS for 12 more weeks, but not if you are getting towards a healthy target. I think you need to do the 810 plan in the week off. I think.

yes it is recommended that you do the 810 plan in week 13 then you are good to go back onto SS until you either have done another 12 weeks or get to a BMI of 25 when you have to move up to 810 .
I was on lipotrim and they have no such rules and let you do SS for as long as you need to ( as long as you dont go below BMI 20 ) ... but the National institute for Medical Excellence state it is not healthy for your body to be in ketosis continuously for more than 12 weeks which is why CD have this rule

Thank you both, I wasn't sure whether or not to mention it to my councellor, as even though its naughty I dont really want to come off sole source for week 13 and I think if I mentioned it to my councellor he might guess what I'm up to and quite rightfully talk me out of it!

i was really not keen on taking the 810 week break, but i did it when i hit my halfway to goal (about week 8) to get it over with and really enjoyed the break, and still had a 6lb loss. I found it really reassuring as well because i was really working myself up in a stress that as soon as i have food i'd return to bad habits or it would make me hungry or i'd fall off the wagon completely or put on instead of losing but if anything it did the opposite. I stuck to the portions as best i could but found most of the time it was actually too much. I also found that i noticed i was full and was better at stopping and having the rest later. And it all tasted amazing even though it was mainly omelettes or chicken salad i had which has strengthen my mental 'healthy eating' intentions when i finish CD. I know it's frustrating when you want to continue but it is worth it (and necessary) for your body and mind. and at the end of the day, it's only a week you can go straight back to SS after.

Back