120lbs to shed with Alizonne tightening

just wanted to say well done AliGal!! ive read through your diary since coming across it the other day and its so motivating

100 lbs is amazing good luck with reaching (and enjoying) your goal weight :) xx

How fantastic! Well done you - it's a huge achievement and you should be proud of yourself!!

Wow, well done on the big 100! Not sure I'll ever make the century badge but I'll take you word for how it feels :).

Woooohooooo! Well done on that CENTURY BADGE "Ali Glowing G"...me likey, likey!!!! So truly delighted for you hun x

Been doing great, Tigger! I've been away from home - so was glad to get home last night as salads are better at home. The scales had been steady all week - and suddenly down 2lbs overnight. Strange how the body works.

2lbs in this week so still going in right direction. I'd like the losses to be higher as I want to be phased off by the autumn. My gut has slowed right up since I reintroduced fish and meat so I'll make a big poit of rhubarb which is allowed on Alizonne to help it get going, and maybe have a larger leafy salad.

I'm enjoying the re-introduction of a real protein meal in the evenings. As the fridge was bare, I had 2 eggs and some stir fried cucumber last night. The eggs were fried in a spray of olive oil - and I ate them first with pepper and sea salt, followed by a plate of hot cucumber cooked in the same pan with a little bit of olive oil, sea salt and parsley. It was really simple and really good. Not eating real protein for months menas I appreciate the tastes and moutfeel of each evening meal. We so often eat without appreciating what we eat.

So I'm off soon to run some chores and re-fill the fridge. DH has been ill again so he's lived off the freezer. I cook big pots of food for him and then portion it up and pop it in the freezer. That way I'm not cooking from scratch for him everyday - and he can manage when I'm away. I still have some 120g portions of raw chicken in the freezer for me - but need vegetables and salad stuff and maybe some chicken livers. He's longing for some potatoes - strange as I feel disinterested. I thought eating fish and chicken etc, I might find it difficult keeping on plan - but it's OK. Sachets making shakes and ommlettes or other savoury stuff 4 times a day with salad at lunchtime and the 'real' protein meal with permitted vegetables in the evenings - some free and others like mushrooms, courgettes and tomatoes on a list of max 200g a day.

I'm still in the size 16s jeans with a belt. The 14s seem a way off yet - I think I need to be a stone down to get into them.

I've had a lot of good clothes in my wardrobe waiting for me to ebay them. I realised I wasn't going to do it as it's been months, and I haven't got on with it. I'm not good at admin and kept avoiding the task.

So I searched ebay and found their trading assistant system. There is a woman who runs a physical shop near me who also does ebay. She came round yesterday - I really liked her. She took everything plus all my bras which she says are really sellable. So all those jeans 22-18 worn lightly whilst shrinking plus good work and smart clothes and shoes will be listed soon. She'll list the more expensive stuff at a price or best offer and everything else will go on at 99p starts. She has a great trading record and says she comes higher up the listings and achieves better prioces due to more visibility.

I also ebayed an M&S cahsmere top that I bought in Sue Ryder but makes me look very busty so I haven't been wearing it. My new mantra is only to wear clothes that I really really like. And that means being brutal - if something is OK, that's not good enough. I must love everything. I like the fact I had my colours done years ago, as all my clothes go together colour wise - they complement eachother as they are in the same pallette - mine is warm spring - blues (including my fave turquoise), browns, purples, coral, greens, goldy yellows and cream. No black and white!

It's good to have the space in my wardrobe. I've kept some winter coats to list in the autumn. I'll be clearing out the storage unit this month. It's got some of my stuff from my old flat, where I lived during the week. So I will have more to ebay then. I have hung up my handbags which look great, and using some of those non slip velvet hangers have all my clothes hung up - no folded T shirts. It's nice and makes it quick to choose what to wear in my new smaller wardrobe.

Ali

Ali, just dropped by to see how you are doing as it has been a while. I'm thrilled that you are doing so well. You sound happy and healthy which is great! You will be in the 14's sooner that you think. I in in awe of you ladies who not only stick to plan but follow it all the way through and think ahead whilst at the same time getting on with life! Hope your DH gets well soon. x

AliG you never cease to amaze me :D. Reading your posts is a source of joy and helps me believe that I can conquer this weight loss malarky.

Keep up the great work :)

Thank you!

I had a lovely walk in the warmth post monsoon last night - over the dunes and along the coast. Some marsh orchids are still in flower and my DH enjoyed botanising as he was feeling better. Being so much lighter, the walk is easier. I wasn't aware when I was 7 stone fatter how much work that was for my body to move about. Now I am happy to go the extra (literal) mile and to hop over the fence onto the golf course - made on the common land near our home to walk up our sand hills and along the old sea bank on the parish boundary. The barn owl flew over hunting and I felt very blessed.

Today is a special day - I am into the 13s - last seen in the 1980s - at 13st 12.8lb. That leaves me 1st 13.3lb to goal and just 0.06% to go to 35% of starting weight lost. Still in size 16s - the size 14 jeans don't pull up yet though the brown linen 14s now do up - but aren't yet wearable.

Well done on hitting the 13s! I know how exciting it is to hit the next stone, and the gaps are greater the lower we go so it makes the feeling even sweeter. You are doing so brilliantly.

I know what you mean about Ebaying. I had a stack of things ready to Ebay but I just couldn't be bothered in the end so I charity shopped them. I'm not terribly good at getting round to doing things that don't interest me but will be almost obsessional about things that do :).

Good luck with speeding through the 13s and hitting the 12s.

Thanks L2W - I'm doing good. A slower month to let my skin catch up with me as I don't want a tummy tuck. I'm loving the fredom of movement. I hadnt realised how restricting all that extra weight was. WE had a lovely walk yesterday evening along the beach. I still miss my dogs terribly - so hope there'll be a puppy for me soon.

Ali

Clothes sizing bemuses me. My size 16 jeans from George/Asda are loose and baggy. That lovely stage where they need a belt nd dont have to be undone to be pulled down. The 14s can just be pulled up and with a squeak now button up but have an unacceptable overbulge and are way too tight. They are bootcuts like the 16s - not skinny jeans so this is frustrating as the size 14 linen trews from George are loose too.

My thighs and calves are now the chubbiest past of me. My hips are still well upholstered but no longer have side bulges - so look quite svelte. I feel very good in my clothes. It is a strange feeling - my jeans becoming looser and looser.

I had a good session in TK Maxx on Ken High Street. It was pretty empty so easy to shop. It must be difficult if there are lots of people in there as there's not much room even at a slinky size 14-16 to get between rows when others are looking at something. No wait for the changing rooms either.

I found a lovely long sleeved pale blue T shirt in good thick material with V neck from Great Plains - size M. This is the first time I've had a t shirt that isn't baggy and comes down around the bum. It's long enough to tuck into my jeans. I also bought a long sleeved V necked dress in apple green beautifully cut from damsel in a Dress. Both are perfect in my warm spring colours. The V neck suits my bust too. Finally a wonderful long fawn wrap coat with a shawl collar size 14. It's quite big so will be good with a suit underneath. It has a tie belt and feels great. Last week I also had bought a top in browns and turquoises that looks amazing with my Matalan turquoise belt. It needs one of the primark vets tops underneath.

I'm also unpacking our storage unit and found some extra t shirts that used to be tight, and now fit well. I think they will be too big by the time I'm at goal. So suddenly I have a good choice of clothes. It's good to have some t shirts with short and longer arms as I am conscious of my upper arm looseness. While I am happy to be in the garden in the primark vest tops, I didn't want to go out in them without something over the top. Mind you, my skin is fantastic - smooth and lovely arms - which used to have blocked pores. I think that must be the benefit of no processed foods (apart from the sachets!). Funny to think I was worried when I started about having sachets every day. My DH was lovely and said it's just for a few months and any issues re artificial sweetners offset by the health advantages. So glad I've done it.

I enjoy my body daily. the feeling of walking well, being able to speed up too catch the bus and not breaking into a sweat. When I was 100lbs heavier, I wasn't aware how handicapped I was by the weight. I felt I lived my life to the full. The only thing I didn't do was ride horses. I danced, swam and made whoppee.

Now I am so glad I have lost the weight (and circa another 2 stones to go) - but also sad that I let myslef get so fat and that other ways I tried to loose weight didn't work for me. I am also sad at the impact on my body - softness of skin on the upper thighs, loose upper arms and squidgy tummy. However these are the scars of the choices I have made. The Alizonne treatments mean I am unlikely to need a tummy tuck despite loosing 7+ stones. So I focus on the loving the positive stuff - and it is so good.

Hi AliGal, congratulations on your amazing weightloss & also thankyou for your truly inspiring, honest & helpful posts on this site!! I had my consultation at alizonne Newcastle yesterday & I cannot wait to start next Thursday! The consultant said I should lose 10 stones, but I'd personally be happy with losing 7 or 8 - I'll see how it goes!! I've read mixed reviews regarding the treatments being rather painful - how have you found them? Also, have you struggled on the programme or found it ok? Looking forward to hearing from you!!! X

Hi Aligal, I've loved reading your diary and am so pleased that you are happy in your body now. Thanks to you I have booked myself in for a colour consultation on 28 August. What a great idea and the information I glean will last a lifetime. Best wishes.

Last edited:
Just been reading your latest post, well from 6 days ago but I'm playing catch up! It's amazing, your journey is amazing and you are absolutely amazing. I can relate to many of the things you mention but often find it hard to express my anxieties and fears. It really is reassuring to know that we are in this together, and I'm doing AZ in such fantastic company!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts xx

PS: love the sound of those outfits!! Bet you'll look fabulous in them xx

Hi smiley & daisy - how are you finding the programme? I start my first treatment on Thursday & I cannot wait, I'm so excited to get started!! How do you find the treatments, are they painful? I can't help but feel a little anxious, though I'm sure I'll be fine after my first session. It's just the fear of the unknown I think!!
Love Em xxx

Hello, Emma. I hope your appointment went well and you'll join Daisy and Co on the forum. Ask the clinic for the password if you don't have it. It was quiet there when I started so I came here for support.

The ultrasound has a buzzing in the ears. Be well hydrated - don't withhold water before weigh in, just drink the same each week. Ask for more jell if it's prickly. I like the endermologie - I feel stimulated and alive as the lymph is stimulated. Talk to your therapist. She'll tone it down if necessary. Some find they are more sensitove at the TOTM. Hope it went well.

I am phasing off. I am not sure what more weight I will shed. I have slowed right down as loosing more fast will leave my skin too loose. So I'd rather be 13 stone something and 14-16 than 10-12 and needing surgery for a skin flap on my belly. So I think it's a good idea to have a plan and then see how it goes. You should find your Alizonne GP helpful.

I love being this size and hadn't realised how disabling being so fat was. I look and feel great - and am noticing men looking at me again. I hadn't noticed they had stopped!

TK Maxx has been invaluable. The one in High St Ken London has great stock compared to the one in my county town.I also check out some charity shops. Just found a really lovely greeen cardigan that's fitted to the waist. I only buy things that I really love. I no longer buy something because its the right colour and will do. A year ago, I would have been excited to see there'll be a new Evans flagship store on Oxford Street. Now it's irrelevant to me.

The size 16 tailored jackets in M&S are too big and the 14s a smidgen too small. I'd like to be a true 14 in tailored jackets by the time I'm phased off. In Asda George, I can do up the 14 jeans but they are muffin top toght so I'm still in the 16s. The 14 linen trews by contrast are loose. I'm loving my new 34F bras from George. I've realised one has to go to ASDA regularly to find good colours and repeated visits to get 'shorts' as opposed to thongs. Very classy. I have a lovely soft pale blue T shirt bra which I wear with lacy blue 'no vpl' briefs and a cream bra with a 18th century style patten of small birds with a little pink ribbon decoration. The short style cream patterned briefs are mesh at the sides and back. I also love my size 16 waist cinching teddy from M&S - tight enough on the bust to give good support.

Last edited:
You've done SO well AliGal!! I love reading about your new clothes purchases - hopefully it'll be me soon :) I hate clothes shopping at the mo as I am restricted to only a couple of shops, & have to buy what's available rather than what I'd really like.
At my consultation the GP recommended that I lose 10 stones, which I don't really want to lose - I'm a 24 now & would be more than happy getting down to a size 14. I agree with you, I'd much rather be a 14 than smaller with flappy skin!! Can I get down to a size/weight I'm happy with, or is it up to the GP? I'd really like to keep some curves!!
PS: I've lost 9lbs at my first weigh in - over the moon!! Xxx

It's your choice - so I'd talk to the GP when you have your next appointment and say you want to revise it. S/he may suggest you wait and see how your skin retracts or change it now. Be very clear you don't want surgery. My skin did great for the first 6 stone - looseness came in the last stone. So I'm phasing off slowly - slower than usual. I'm still shedding a little so am not sure where I'll be when phased off - probably into the 12s.

You'll love the way the ultrsound melts the places your fat is thickest. I am soooo shapely now!

It is so exciting to realise one can shop in ordinary shops. I shop charity shops in smart streets, primark and some new stuff - as the budget is tight.

Back