120lbs to shed with Alizonne tightening

PS: Astonishing...I seem to have shed 6lbs this week. I don't feel any difference in the weeks I loose a lot compared to the weeks where it's a lb and half or 2lbs.

Wow 6lbs this far in is amazing! That's usually first month territory, but take it while it's on offer :). I'm not quite sure how I gained around 3 sacks of dog food either but I did. Fully clothed I feel slimmer and 'normal'. Naked, I still feel horribly fat (luckily not many people see me like that :D) and feel like I should aim for 2 more stone. If I squeeze the flab I can feel fat under the surface - yuk. Having said that I think that previously I didn't feel anything under the surface as it was one mass of solid lard! I'm just playing it by ear for the moment, ready to take Easter off plan and then get back to it after that. I know I'm heading down, I just don't know how far.

Yay, 6lbs!!! Thats great. Its very motivating to see someone lose weight like that when they've been on a VLCD for a long time. It appears that it is a myth that you slow your metabolism and so stop losing. You are the example of that!!!

Could you tell me what those skin treatments you are getting are. One of my biggest fears is loose skin, mothers apron etc etc. If there is ANYTHING I can do to avoid that I would do it. I need to lose almost half my body weight to get to my final goal of a healthy BMI of 21. I look at the skin on my tummy and I know there is no way its going back into where it was years ago. No way its THAT elastic!

Belle

Thanks, BG - and good luck with whatever you choose.

Bellerine:

There is no doubt that skin is more of an issue if you do a vlcd than if you loose over a longer period. However it is also an issue for other diets - so I decided that as I wasn't sustaining other diets I would do a vlcd. I have lost over 60lbs and am in pretty good shape - though my upper arms look deflated. It really does depend on your own skin properties. It's tough - but probably much better for our prospects of a longer healthy life to shed the weight and keep it off, even with skin excess, than to stay fat.

Alizonne includes endermologie - a sort of hoovering with prickly rollers which encourages collagen. I recommend skin brushing too.

It does seem to improve over 2 years or so once you are at goal and getting super skinny helps too, though I won't be doing that.

Ali

Thanks Ali. Im not gonna let the prospect of a little excess skin put me off the diet. I fear visceral fat more than excess skin!! I watched that show on Horizon on Tuesday night where they showed the innards of a lady having a gastric bypass - yuk yuk yuk. I have THAT inside me. Anyhoo the reason I am doing VLCD is also that I am pathetic at a regular calorie counting diet. I have spent so much going to WW and all to no avail. I even put on weight one week. A VLCD just works for me mentally and physically in a way no other diet does and so I am very very happy on Exante with a Tesco Rasp Bar thrown in every day.

I started a month ago and I am in size 20 now. 18s fit but only just.

Hi there BG. You are as much an influence on me as Aligal. Thanks for just being here with your story.

Reading this diary got me through yesterday which was a hard day for me. Thanks to you both.

Belle

Good luck Bellerine. The 18s will be too big for you soon if you stay on track. Rapidly getting to the stage where clothes are too big having only worn them a couple of times is par for the course on this sort of diet. It's a good feeling though :)

Visceral fat: I really noticed that the first place I lost weight was internal fat as I noticed I was breathing deeper. That was striking, whereas the later losses haven't made me feel amazing. However I do notice in the mornings I am much less stiff.

Ali

Ok Girls, Body brushing it is. I am off to google body brushing - bet I'll get some "interesting" results!

Belle

so...in MacDonalds again. Well I'm wide awake in London and no internet - so sitting with a vlcd shake and a coffee and on line. Yea.

I don't have the scales - so no WI. I was finding the 22 bootcut jeans from George/Asda were getting loose. The Size 20s I bought were skinny style - and not a good look when tight,so I couldn't resist the size 20 bootcuts and a belt. And guess what? They fit.

And the belt is a large not an extra large. Strange to put back something cos it's too big. I bought a black one as there wasn't a brown one. It was £3 and is essential to keep my size 22s up.

At the weekend, I was at a conference and saw some friends I haven't seen for a month. I loved it when Steve said where did you leave the other half of you? And my 2 Alizonne friends were thrilled and happy at the transformation. Lots of other people were lovely too. I found myself happy to discuss how I was changing.

About the only person who didn't comment was someone who is probably size 28 and growing. I think that said more about her state than it did me!

Then I went to see my best friend from school. We used to share a flat - and I've known her for nearly 40 years. I hadn't seen her since January as we live 5 hours away from each other. She was one of the very few I told I was taking action. She and her super fit husband were so happy for me and really supportive. F told me how proud she was of me.

It's interesting - it's been at the 4-5 stones gone that the losses are evident and people feel confident to comment without offending.

I also had my first conversation with someone who oerheard me talking and wanted to find out what I was doing as he was really interested. Again, that was lovely too.

so lovely, lovely, lovely!

Ali

Its no wonder you are succeeding. You exude positivity. You deserve every compliment.

Belle

2lbs this past 6 days - happy to bank that - 234.5lbs!

Ali

Dear Daisy,

Fabulous choice. The ultrasound has melted my belly fat - amazing! I'm now into a pair of size 20 skinny jeans froms ASDA. My skin is doing really well on my tum. I've asked for more hoovering on my upper arms as they are emptying and it looks like it.

I started Alizonne knowing 2 people who had great results (a guy lost 7 stone and a woman who lost 5 stone) but I think I really thought that it would be like doing other things (WW etc). And it isn't. Do what you are told to do, organise yourself for success, and get over any issues you have about notr doing what everyone else is doing, as It's time to put yr needs first and get to the shape and size you want.

My DH said to me the other day that he knew I could do it - and was so lovely about how proud he was of me for keeping looking until I found the right programme.

There's lots of good stuff on starting on the Alizonne forum in old posts - getting organised, whether to tell your family and friends. I didn't - I just said I was on a regime and asked for what I needed and cooked an alizonne ommlette to go with the veg or salad - that worked well for me. Now it's so evident, I'm telling them a bit more if they ask. However I don't tell most people the name - I say things like I have protein 5 times a day, salad at lunchtime and veg in the evening, and maybe I tell thgem about the treatments. If they ask, I do tell them the name and more detail. It's taken nearly 60lbs for most people to say something. I think if you are fat, people don't like to say something in case you are upset. When you've lost so much weight it's so obvious they feel more confident about saying something. I just say thank you, and I mean it!

So, Daisy, I wish for you the application to follow the plan 100%, and to have the strength to manage family/friends/business occasions as this soooooo worth it. If you stay 100%, ask the clinic or the forum for help if you have any issues, you'll be at goal before me! The best thing is people at goal look great, don't look gaunt and look like they have always been slim. Some who loose a great deal of weight do still have looser skin - but the anecdotal evidence is it's much better on Alizonne than some people experience.

I come here to share the jourrney and hang out with some other vlcd folk as there's lots of support and interaction and it's more active that the client forum. I've loved the support here.

You'll soon get into the routine. Feel free to ask if you need anything - and maybe you'll make another Alizonne thread here?

Ali

Well done Ali. It's great when you start feeling better about yourself and people really start noticing. I've followed your thread from the beginning and I can feel the positivity you have now. You started off by being quietly optimistic but the tone has changed to one of starting to feel great and knowing that you will make it through this journey. Slim summer is not far away now!

AliGal - thanks so much for all your tips here and on mumsnet! So helpful. My DH is being very supportive and we are clearing a cupboard in the kitchen this weekend for Alizonne goods.

I'm a bit hesitant to start my own thread as new to both these forums but if you don't mind, i'll keep in touch with you on here or mumsnet - whichever you prefer...

And i'll definitley be taking you up on your coffee meet up offer once I've gotten started. It'll help me so much to talk it through with someone who is on the same programme.

Your weight loss is amazing and you must be so proud of yourself!!! I am hoping to follow in your foot steps - your effort and discipline is inspirational.

Once they've given me forum login, I'll have a good look through :)

Thanks, BG. That's a lovely post. I am so proud of myself for committing and getting these results. My best friend who I hadnt seen for ages and my husband both told me how proud they were of me this week.

And thank you for your support and your great thread.

Daisy:

Feel free to post on here.

I update Mumsnet occassionally as I feel it's a public service! I couldn't find much on the net when I was researching it, so decided to create a bit of a footprint on the web for Alizonne as it's so good for those who choose it.

Lovely that your man is supportive. So is mine. He takes anything I found 'challenging' (eg the Christmas cake) away - I don't know where he puts them, but eventually the containers re-emerge so he must finish them in private! He's also suggested that he wouldn't have choccie biscuits etc - to reduce temptation.

I do cook for him. my ma in law and friends - and kinda feel it flexs the self control muscles - building them up. I also learned that I was a chronic taster when I cooked. I don't taste now - but in the past must have had loads of calories 'tasting' whilke cooking. It's a bit wierd cooking and not tasting the spicing, but I just do it and it works out ok.

So excited for you Daisy!

Ali

Last edited:
Hi AliGal, hope programme going well. Do you post your food diary anywhere?
I'm being a bit of a glutton these few days before I start Alizonne, trying to eat all my favourite things. Probably not such a good idea, as will take that bit longer but thinking may as well enjoy my last week of freedom! Having written this down, feel a bit guilty and it's this kind of food sabotage that got me to this point in the first place!! Oh well, I suppose I can give myself this weekend as consultation in 2 days and programme begins in a week!!! V excited at the prospect of getting started and not to be too optimistic but a real chance at changing my life forever. :)

Hi Daisy,

oooh I'm so excited for you. We started our Xmas cake early so I wouldn't feel deprived. Good job we did as it was the best I'd made, and I just love the mix of great fruit cake, marzipan and royal icing. I was also at a black tie dinner the night before I started!

I don't post a food diary but I did plan when I started what I would have when. Planning is key. Always have enough suitable salad and veg, and some spare sachets in your handbag so you don't get caught short. I find when I need a sachet, I need it urgently. I also travel with about 2 litres of water - 2 smaller bottles and a litre bottle - in the car. I don't want to buy water and you need it also for mixing shakes on the go.

In the first weeks, I ate enormous green salads. Now I'm satisfied with smaller salads.

They encourage you to have a varied diet of permitted veg and from the max 200grammes list. I seem to go in phases. I had a lot of the aubergine curry at first which I made with less tomato than the recipe. A month or so ago, I started having a lot of (free) fennel - both as a cooked veg (delicious with some tomatoes chopped into it) and as an extra in the lunchtime salad. I also use fennel and cucumber to eat with my fingers at lunchtime when travelling. Tonight I had half a sheeps cheese sachet (like non garlicky non fatty boursin) and half a pizza sachet with stir-fried courgette mixed in. It was really good.

If you are a glutton, then you need to decide that the weight shedding bit of Alizonne is just the prep for the real business of being thin. It will require more attention and planning to stay at goal. I'll be joining BordersGirl and others on MyFitnessPal to track what I eat - and aim for a lower carb diet based on paleo type principles. the really cool thing about Alizonnbe is that you will have your MedGem so will know exactly how many calories you need to eat to maintain.

I think it is key to us staying at goal to realise that we need to be vigilant (probably forever) and plan carefully so we don't drift upwards. I see the Alizonne phasing back onto protein and then more as a way of training us. The GP said to me this week that it's an essential time for learning about appropriate portions.

I also recommend writing a list of all the reasons why you want to shed the weight and get thin. Write 50 or 60 of them. Make sure you have lots of positives - not just things you want to leave behind. Write the positives of the negatives as well - getting really clear on what you do want to experience, feel, think and hear. That really motivates me.

I've added to mine as I've realised this REALLY is possible. So I expect to be riding again by the autumn and playing tennis this summer. Wow! Who would have thought it? I last rode a horse in Portugal in 1986 and maybe a couple of days pony trekking on Dartmoor in the late 80s. I remember being embarrassed by having to tell them my weight. When I applied to teh civil service riding club in London I was told I was too heavy. I was never off a horse from the age of 8 to 21. I'm so excited. Until I started loosing weight with Alizonne and realised I really really can do it this time, I was then able to believe I would ride again.

Ali

Hi Aligal, So based on your obvious success dieting I went off to check out Alizonne. It looks GREAT. Wish I had seen it earlier. I just wonder how much it costs per week/month cos my brother is 25 st +++ and he might try it. I am thinking of buying an endermologie machine to see if it helps with the loose skin issue which I KNOW is going to be a big problem for me. The before and after pics on the alizonne website are astounding and have made me want endermologie treatments more than anything. Am I mad or are they working for you? THe machine is called a "Wellbox". What do ya think?

Dear Bellerine,

Men loose weight so fast on Alizonne! Last time I was in the London clinic there was a tall elegant older man in tight jeans. He'd just come to the end of the weight loss phase. I'd never have imagined that he was the same person as the photo of the man mountain he showed me. He had shed half his starting weight. He didn't have an overhang apron of skin.

The cost includes the cost of seeing a GP and bloodtests every 4-6 weeks. The first week it's c£300 for the consultation, bloods, medgem (to get the base BMR) and sachets. It then settles down to £200-230 ish most weeks and down again as food is re-introduced. The GP will calculate the weight loss so you have a plan and know the length of time.

It is expensive but it is certain, and the blood tests ensure that any side effects are managed. I also find the £££ and accountability of weekly treatments keeps me focussed. It's much cheaper than bariatric surgery and subsequent body lifts. If your bro is interested PM me, PM me and I'd be happy to talk with him and introduce him to my friend who has shed 7 stone in 5 months and kept it off.

Endermologie: It definitely works but I suspect that home machines aren't effective as the gubbins that makes it effective needs a lot of power. I got a home ultrasound - and it just doesn't do the job that the clinic machines do. It really does shape you aqnd shifts stubborn fat. Maybe there's a local clinic that you can use - Corrective Body Therapy | Anne Rossi This looks just like Alizonne - except you can buy it in courses of 10 treatments.

You've done super well - seeing your signature has prompted me to work out that I'm just under 5lbs away from half way! Yea!!!!! So exciting.

It's funny - sitting here in my skinny size 209 jeans - I feel podgy round the middle cos they are tight. And yet when I walk I feel long legged and lithe - without the 2 15kg sacks of dog food I was carting around!

I've a pile of really nice clothes to ebay to give me some cash to buy some newer clothes, and have already turfed out lots to Sue Ryder and some for clothing recycling as they were (oh the shame) really tatty. I hadn't noticed.....

In my new slim form, I will have a more limited wardrobe of things that I really like, with well fitting waist bands (noooo more elastication!) and wear them more frequently.

In fact, I already have a more limited wardrobe as I only have 2 pairs of trousers I can wear, both new from Asda. I'm shopping my closet for tops, most of which are moving fast towards the clown suit/must stop wearing them category as they are size 24s. I have one size 18 top - a really beautiful silk sleeveless shirt I bought some years ago when WW as an incentive. I tried it on two night ago. I can do it up but it isn't a good sight yet. It will be in time for the next good weather. I'm hoping I will have to go shopping for an interview suit soon as I was approached about a non exec role. Fingers crossed.

Onwards and downwards,

Back