120lbs to shed with Alizonne tightening

Hi Ali Gal, it is always fab reading your posts - they are so inspiring! I'm on my way to consultation, have butterflies in my tum. Well, I've been fasting for last 5 hours so empty tum really. Hope I do well!

I'll let you know how I get on. :)

Good luck, Daisy.

It's fascinating finding out our BMR,. fingers crossed it's high as that will mean it will be higher when you've shed the weight than if yours is low. Apparently lots of us have screwed up our metabolic rates so will put on weight if we eat 2,000 calories a day!

Look forward to hearing how the consultation goes.

Ali just read your diary from start to the most recent post! You've done amazingly well! Loved reading your posts and your determination and focus is really inspiring! I don't have a huge amount to lose and I feel ashamed of myself for having blipped and faffed around over past few weeks having stuck to my vlcd previously. Thank you for sharing your journey, it ceratinly gives the likes of a me a kick up the backside to stick to plan because it works! I'll definitely be having a look at Alizonne just purely for interest but will probably stick to CD or may consider moving to Slim n Save.

You'll be at goal in not time! I'll certainly be dropping by to see how you're doing and also to keep me on the straight and narrow when I waver.

My BMR was low - 1320 :( and I have about 4 stone 5 lbs to lose according to them for which they've suggested it'll take 20 - 22 weeks. I'd thought my target weight would be 10 stone but the doc said 11 stone would be a better target as that'll bring me to a 27 or 28 BMI and I can assess when there. Still here as waiting to go for my blood tests, feeling quite dazed to be honest but can't wait to start soon. They said they'll give me some samples to try...

That's all for now. Will report back soon x

Wow Thanks Ali. Anne Rossi is within reach! Ill be booking some appointments tomorrow!!! You could charge for this service you know! If I thought I could sort the skin issue out without surgery it would take all the fear out of dieting..

Regarding my brother - I dont think he would talk to you. Thank you so much for being so helpful. I think Ill bring the subject of alizonne up with his wife and let her take it from there. Hes a bit touchy about diet advice, well about advice in general actually!!!! He doesnt listen to anyone and knows everything about everything......I suppose...you know....he IS just a man!!!

THANK YOU

Belle

Good morning, Bellerine. Happy to help.

I so didn't want an apronectonomy so was relieved when I found Alizonne. My belly was starting to overhang so I know there was lots of excess skin. As this shaping/contouring and skin stuff works, I don't understand why more people don't know about it! It won't make our tummies tight like a skinny teenager - but is amazingly helpful. I have now lost 65lbs and whilst I have a wobbly soft tummy, its shrinking and not overhanging. I don't do any tummy crunches yet!

Maybe it's worth waiting until you've got the success you want. Your brother will ask you if he wants help. You know, we all need to be ready. He will see your success and maybe will get curious and then you can tell him it's easy. Really glad the Anne Rossi place is close to you.

Daisy:

That's the joy of Alizonne. Knowing what your BMR is means that you know how fast you'll burn off the excess. I'm sorry yours is so low - but it does explain why you probably feel you don't eat much and yet will put on weight. This is certain - so now all you have to do is put one foot in front of the other - just do what you have been told, check out the recipes and past threads on the Alizonne forum and it will drop away. It's wierd as you may feel nothing is happeneing apart from you peeing for Britain! I just trusted to the process having known 2 people who had success and as a serial failed dieter, I am amazed that I CAN DO THIS! yes, me. I have lost shed loads of weight and will loose the the remaining 50% or so. I feel supremely confident. I also realise that the real work begins at goal - keeping it off. I am thinking lots abolut this, doing reserach and watching what people like Aaron, Peachy Pip, Deezer and Borders Girls are doing. Yo-yoing on vlcds is bad for our bodies and worse for our metabolisms so I will keep it off.

So be virtuous, lovely Daisy, have massive salads and lots of free veg in the evenings with your 200grammes of permitted veg so you won't feel deprived or hungry and enjoy the start of your new life! I also prescribe getting new bras when yours get baggy as that makes a girl feel good to have good undergarments. I recommend getting measured by John Lewis as I was amazed by my change from 44DDD to 36G. I haven't been 36 in living memory. I bought 2 from John lewis and then some others from Asda> there's no doubt the John Lewis ones are more supportive.

Kira:
Thank you! I feel the language we use is really important. By being positive and managing our thoughts as much as possible supports us.

I get impatient with people with only a few stone or even 4 or 5 to shed who 'cheat'. If the quality of protein in the shakes is good enough, vlcd-ers shouldn't feel physically hungry.

So something else is going on. Sometimes I think yes - that was a lapse and they'll be back on track, and/or they'll be better organised next time. Other times I think that it seems attention seeking and/or the person should quit and start again when they are ready and/or their partner or family is sabotaging them I reckon its most difficult for people from a family culture where food is part of hospitality - asian and middle eastern orhgin families where they simply won't accept that the vlcd-er is making their own choices. Thank goodness fopr my family. Most of them don'[t really know what I'm doing - but our supportive of my regime. As I seem to be eating an ommlette and salad etc when they eat their meals, they feel OK about it. If I told my mum amd my DMIL that I was eating c800 calories a day, they'd be horrified. I look so good on it, they are just happy.

I do like the Alizonne approach as each sachet (which make savoury dishes, cereals, pancakes, sweet shakes and soups) are 100-110 calories and very high protein so we have 5 a day with our salads at lunch and veggies in the evening. It trains us to eat lower calorie stuff. I have never eaten salad every day for over 3 months.

Yea...another 1.5lb overnight. How does that happen? I haven't even 'been' if you know what I mean.

Added to 1lbs over the previous 4 days I have shed 2.5lbs in the past 5 days. I'm a daily weigher and see 100 grammes as it goes. 2.5lbs in 5 days, no dog walks since the Blond died on Friday and there was me thinking I had slowed down.

Off to have a bath and then do some work,

You are really on a roll with weight loss AliGal - it is really excellent! I am waiting to hear back on my blood-works and then I'll be able to buy my packs and starter pack. I start the programme and treatment on Sat if all is ok on the blood test front!

Can't wait to be a smaller size, I'm also a size 18-20. Have just been invited to a wedding in September, that's 5 months from when I start and according to Alizonne approx the amount of time it'd take me to the target they've set for me. (they say 11 stone, I think 9.5 stone... Oh well!!) so anyway, it'll be great to have slimmed down by the wedding :)

One question, do you make soups with a blender at work or do you make it up at home and reheat at work?

Btw, what does vlcd stand for?

Sorry I keep picking your brains!!

AG: i was a bit down re my BMR being low as I feel guilty and responsible for it being this low. Surely, it is down to dieting and lack of exercising but I'm glad I'm doing something about it. It has, however, made me realise that I was totally in the dark about how my low my metabolic rate was and how much 'extra' i have been eating. That's all going to change now but it's good to be able to take stock of what's gone on!!

I've ordered an oil spray/ pumper and a milk frother for the drinks so prep in full for diet! :)

Ok, I'll stop now.

Sorry you are a bit low, Daisy. It's a normal reaction when faced with an unpalatable truth. The positive is that you do now know the reality of your life. You did what you thought was best - so please don't be harsh with yourself. Now you have the tools to get to goal (around the time I will get there too) and to maintain when you are there. I am proud of you for making the decision to change and following through.

I can't understand why GPs aren't using the MedGem in their family practices. I know it's not perfect - but it is a good indication of our true BMRs and much more practicable than very reliable versions so a really really useful tool to have a resting BMR. I'm increasing exercise this month - planning to do a bit more Zumba and swimming as I no longer have dogs to walk and maybe it will up my BMR a bit. Having shed some weight I feel more able to do more. I would not have been able to do it when I first started Alizonne.

vlcd = very low calorie diets. Ours is c525 in sachets plus the calories from the low carb salads and veggies and the higher carb/calorie 200 grammes list and the olive oil. Spraying the olive oil is great cos it lets you have more cooked sachets and stir fried veg and some dressing each day. My skin got very dry when I started - lots of hand lotion needed and body lotion after showers/baths.

I have made the soups in a big mug with a teaspoon! I mix in some cold water then add boiling when it's already a loosish paste. That works well for me.

We don't have a microwave here - but when I used my Ma in Law's, my soup boiled over. So maybe use one of those big plastic measuring jugs that have rounded bottoms inside if you aree using a microwave. You can also make them in your shaker - but be careful when you reopen it as boiling water makes steam and so make sure the lid is tight before you shake, and open it away from you.

I have appreciated having a few plastic spatuala thingies to get mixed sachets out of bowls into pans. I had a choc pancake yesterday (a yellow - so limited to 3 yellows a week). I don't like the choc sauce as a suace so mix it into the pancake. The remanins in the cereal bowl I used to mix it tasted like cake batter! I under cook the pancakes and clafouti as the protein becomes tough if overcooked. Some [people have had success making buns - they didn't suit me. I have also made omlettes to eat when on the go, agina - slightly undercooked tasted better later.

Which clinic are you going to?

Ali

Thanks AliGal!! That's so reassuring and all your tips are so useful in planning!
I'm going to the London clinic and I've booked my first 3 appointments - if you're around to meet?

Last edited:
Blood works ok with slight abnormality in liver functions (fatty liver, which I knew about before) but they said that I can be on the programme and they'll just monitor liver as part of the regular blood tests. So that's good. Yay!

I'm going to pick up my starter kit and foods on thursday after work. Very exciting! Any recs on what I should get? I was thinking a variety box of soup, a variety box of savouries, a box of herb or bacon omelette, one dessert box, one cold drink box?!

I think 5 boxes are needed per week but I'll get 6 in my first week to be on the safe side.

Adios for now! Feeling more cheerful :)

Definitely a good selection. I prefer bacon to herb ommlette - though neither are really omlettes and both need some spring onion tops. I feed the whites to my DH! I'd also get some hot chocolate or plain choc desert (which you can also have as a drink) and maybe an orange and grapefruit if you don't like v sweet orange - so you have a couple of fall backs if you don't like something. You can then buy fewer boxes in a later week.

You can swop unopened sachets of anything you don't like next week. In fact this sat, you can swop some sachets you've bought and try some others that aren't in yr mixed boxes. Get a chcicken nugget sachet and a pancake sachet - both yellows so don;t eat more than 3 yellows a week and not on the same day as oatmeal. Also see the recommendations in older threads on the alizonne forum as everyone's taste is different. I have got used to the sachets - they are an acquired taste ....and don't expect them to taste like the food they are called after!! Call the clinic if you havent got the password yet.

Glad you are more cheerful!
Ali

Oh my goodness ....I am down 2.3lbs this week which makes a reduction of 10.6 in BMI and over 22%, one fifth of my body weight, shed since 15 Dec - 15 weeks. I only realised how amazing that is when I posted on BLue's 90 day challenge. I'm 24.8lbs down since 18 Feb.

I have to pinch myself .......yes - this is me - the woman who has repeated failed at WW, on line weight coaching and much more. I started with paleo (aka the caveman diet or low fat high carb - LCHF for beginners | Dietdoctor.com ) and was successful - but it was slow and I felt overwhelmed by the length of time it would take to get to goal. So when I found Alizonne with the treatments to shape and target fat loss and help the skin retract, I first ignored it! I met one man who had been successful. But I thought he was an exception. Then I met a woman who had also lost loads. Neither looked gaunt or like someone who had been doing LighterLife! So I took the big step and committed. I just put one foot in front of the other and did what the clinic said. I am astonished to be 4lbs short of 5 stones lighter. I am lighter than I have been this millennium. Amazing and wonderful.

And now I'm matter of fact about the fact that I loose something each week - sometimes it's a little and sometimes it's a lot - no rhyme or reason to why it varies. But inevitably my weight goes down each week. And the 'just say no thanks' muscle to alcohol, cakes, icecream, roast dinners and chocolate easter eggs gets stronger, and I am getting slick at managing the 5 sachets a day (shakes and cooked savoury or sweet foods), the lunchtime salads and the evening veg). I am taking it for granted that I will stay on the programme and get results.

The first few stones didn't seem to make much different to how I felt- it was only approaching 4 stones that I have started to feel more lithe. And moving from 26/28s to 20s is amazing. Again the smallest size I've worn this millenium. I don't really remember when I last wore size 20s. And I no longer feel so stiff in the mornings when I come down stairs.

So it's sunny on the lovely North Norfolk coast and I am quietly satisfied and excited about the next 5 stone. I know now I can do this.

So bonne courage to you if you are reading this and starting out on a vlcd. Stop lurking and start posting, sharing your challenges and triumphs, and lovely support from the lovely Miniminers. Long term success obviously depends on maintaining - so also start reading how people are addressing that. I read Molly's thread today: http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-maintenance/266504-two-years-since-i-finished-tfr.html

Good luck!

Ali

Last edited:
Wow, that's great news! What does a lighterlifer look like? ;)

ooooh - to me LLers often look gaunt around the face....don't know if it's the people I know or a fact!

I am so excited to have seen some great Marisa Peer videos this pm - she talks about the language we use to ouyrslevs and lots more that really chimes with how I have approached doing this. See Video: Starting Your New Diet as an example. She also got some great rules for eating real food.

My husband is lovely - I told him I was wearing trousers with pockets (something the Anne Harvey and american trews I used to wear didn't have) and he celebrated with me.

Ali

I have woken upo with a sore hip - pushing my mother in law in her wheelchair to her GP yesterday up the slopes in her town was good exercise but left me sore.

The good news is that I'm another lb down today - so under 16 and and half stone. 3.4lbs from half way - in just 3 1/2 months. I'm hoping to make 15 this month. I was last in the 14s in 1986 - so very exciting.

Ali

Ali, that's a big achievement. You must be sooo proud! Sorry to hear about your sore back. Perhaps you could try rubbing some deep heat? Really works for me. Hope you feel better x

Just caught up with your diary- you are doing so well! I need to pick up the pace, I need to stick to the plan. So good to see someone on plan and not arsing around like I am!

AliGal;4942211 Kira: Thank you! I feel the language we use is really important. By being positive and managing our thoughts as much as possible supports us. [COLOR=#0000ff said:
I get impatient with people with only a few stone or even 4 or 5 to shed who 'cheat'. If the quality of protein in the shakes is good enough, vlcd-ers shouldn't feel physically hungry. [/COLOR]

So something else is going on. Sometimes I think yes - that was a lapse and they'll be back on track, and/or they'll be better organised next time. Other times I think that it seems attention seeking and/or the person should quit and start again when they are ready and/or their partner or family is sabotaging them I reckon its most difficult for people from a family culture where food is part of hospitality - asian and middle eastern orhgin families where they simply won't accept that the vlcd-er is making their own choices. Thank goodness fopr my family. Most of them don'[t really know what I'm doing - but our supportive of my regime. As I seem to be eating an ommlette and salad etc when they eat their meals, they feel OK about it. If I told my mum amd my DMIL that I was eating c800 calories a day, they'd be horrified. I look so good on it, they are just happy.

I do like the Alizonne approach as each sachet (which make savoury dishes, cereals, pancakes, sweet shakes and soups) are 100-110 calories and very high protein so we have 5 a day with our salads at lunch and veggies in the evening. It trains us to eat lower calorie stuff. I have never eaten salad every day for over 3 months.

Yea...another 1.5lb overnight. How does that happen? I haven't even 'been' if you know what I mean.

Added to 1lbs over the previous 4 days I have shed 2.5lbs in the past 5 days. I'm a daily weigher and see 100 grammes as it goes. 2.5lbs in 5 days, no dog walks since the Blond died on Friday and there was me thinking I had slowed down.

Off to have a bath and then do some work,

Hi AliGal
I had been reading your terrific posts and so pleased for you with your success but I was so disappointed to read this post and what appears to be your lack of understanding of some of us who don't always do so well or CHEAT as you put it.
Of course it's not physical hunger and it is so many other issues that we have not yet managed to overcome that cause us to have problems with maintaining always 100%.
I hope you are able to stay in the place where you are, totally committed and able to keep with your programme but I can't begin to tell you how much reading this post upset me today. A day when I am struggling so much and having gone a little off plan with some additional protein but trying to wrest back control. I have had other days like this and really don't need to have it suggested that I might be "attention seeking"
I really wish it was as easy for me as you make it sound, but it's not and the ingrained yo -yo dieting habits of the last over 40 years are extremely hard to overcome and the issues that I have around food.

I really wish you well with your continued weight loss.

Back