120lbs to shed with Alizonne tightening

[(v frustrating - I can't post with paragraphs - I don't know what's up. Sorry that it's difficult to read, dear Minimnners.) sorted by removing and reintsalling my firefox download]

Last edited:
Ok ...so I know I shouldn't weigh myself at the end of a day. But we've been to see our step daughter and my darling mum, and my belt did up an extra notch today. I tried on the size 16 jeans and the waist band doesn't even meet!

So getting ready for a lovely bath, I jumped on the scales. I'm 226lbs/16st2lbs - so I've lost 5stone 1lb on Alizonne and have less than 5 stone to loose. 3 more lbs shed and I'll be into the 15s. It's real to me - but still astonishing. I have lost some big lumpy bumps on my hips and notice it's coming off my legs too now.

My DH has announced he'd like to loose a stone and asked for my help. He told me not to get him things like crisps and sweet things even if he asks me for them. So I'll stop buying the cheese he eats by the truck load and so more low GI foods and less bread too!

My copies of Gabriel weight loss method and EFT for weight loss have arrived so I'll take them into the bath for a good read!

Ali

Last edited:
Ali that's great! Remember sizing of clothing can vary so much from shop to shop and style to style. Another pair of size 16 may well have fitted perfectly! Main thing is you can see you lumps disappearing!

Kira -

you are right. There are 2 sorts of bootcuts, and the 16s I bought is maybe 1 inch narrower at the waist than the 16s in the bootcut style I've been buying.

I'm still size 18 - but the 20 skinny jeans are loose at the waist. Thanks!

Ali

Last edited:
Hello :) what a lovely diary! I'll keep popping by to see how you're doing. Well done on your loss so far xxxx

Thank you Sarah - we've been on a similar journey - congratulations to you too. This am I made it (just) into the 15s - by 1/2 a lb. I don't remember when I was last 15stone something.

The Woollies in my tiny local town has become an M & Co. I popped in during my chores this lunchtime and saw a beautiful maxi dress M&Co. Women Cowl pleated maxi dress and I bought the 16. It's tight on the bust - but will be great in a few weeks. I will need a shrug or jacket - the M&Co ones weren't a complementary colour. So I shall go shopping on Monday and see what I can find. It's amazing to me that I can shop in the ordinary size section. Happy days.

Ali

Well done on the 15s Ali! The dress looks lovely, just my sort of colour. It's great when you can go into any shop and buy whatever takes your fancy without scurrying off to the (limited) plus size rail. I've found that my tastes have changed as I've got smaller too. I would never have worn anything figure hugging before but I am finding that I like to wear more fitted tops now that I'm slimmer. Previously they'd have been floaty tunic affairs. It's funny though, when I shopped online for clothes previously it seemed that all of the sale item in my size were out of stock but that many of the other sizes were available. Now that I'm smaller it appears that it's mostly my current size that is out of stock. I'm sure that's not the case but it always seems to be the items that I most like that I can't get in my size :)

I knew I was accelerating as my belt has done up another notch - three notches now. And this am's WI is 222.5, 3.5lbs down on 6 days ago. I think the body has it's own rhythms and preps internally to process weight loss as I don't see external explanations for when losses speed up or slow down. 15.5lbs to go until Phase 2, with real protein like fish, chicken and my favourites scallops and prawns in the evening meal. Roll on late May or the first part of June!

Ali

OMG WOOOHOOOO!

I've just realised that my % lost is over 25%. I have lost a quarter of my starting weight in 4.5 months. What a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday!

Happy birthday. Sorry a bit late wishing this. Hope you have enjoyed your day
Wonderful stats.

Happy belated birthday and well done on the 25%!

Thanks, Rosie and BG. Down 1/2lb in the past 3 days - a satisfying 25.25% shed.

Having stormed down through sizes 22 and 20, I'm comfy in 18s and have tried the 16 in the cupboard. They are tight on the thighs and a long way from doing up at the front. I have a size 16 dress for the wedding thrd week in May - that's still a little tight on the chest. Fingers crossed.

What is it with all the clothing companies - no sleeves to save the cost of the fabric and machining? Very few tops and dresses at George/ASDA have sleeves. I saw Marisota is advertising that most of its clothes have sleeves. So I need something to wear that goes with the dress but covers my upper arms. The lovely turquoisey green cashmere shrug cardy I bought from Sue Ryder is also tight. I'll leave it till closer the time and buy something else if it's not an easy fit by then.

It's wet & cold here in North Norfolk - so I won't go out for a walk today. My DH and Best Man went out when it was still dry. So I'm off for a bath with a good book.

Ali

Sad today despite the lovely weather and the return of swifts and swallows.

I woke up deeply feeling the loss of the dogs - they'd have loved going for a long walk after the filthy weather. We did some chores and shopping and went back to the vets to pick up the Blond's ashes, which are now reunited with his brother's. We'll be planting a tree for them in the autumn.

I also got the runs - something I've had a couple of times and used to have at the TOTM. I think it's connected with getting rid of hormones locked into the fat. So that's not much fun.

Ali

Last edited:
Sorry you're feeling sad :(. I can't imagine having no dogs as I've had them all my life. Maybe there will be a new little dog waiting to join you one day as you continue on life's journey?

I hope so, BG. I find myself looking softly at dogs tied up at the supermarket or staying outside with one of their owners and keeping newspapers for house training when we are only on a waiting list and no pup in sight. Wet and windy again today.

Down 1.2lb in a day so 2.5lbs down in 6 days. I've realised that I put my start weight as my week one weight - so I've lost an extra 2.4lbs on Alizonne and have changed that in my profile. It's exactly one stone to Phase 2, when we reintroduce a protein meal in the evening and 1 stone 6lbs to get to a BMI of 30.

I'm feeling better - so another Alizonne day starts, and 4 months to goal.

Ali

VLCD results aren't straight line - 2.2lbs/1kg shed in two days = so 217.8lbs /15st 7.8lbs and in new money - into 2 figures at 98.8kgs and just 2 pips off having a BMI of 35 and just over a kg to the 14s.

I remember being just over 14 stone in 1986, when I went riding when on holiday in Portugal. I don't have records but think I probably haven't been this weight for 20 years.

So that's 20 years of getting fatter with some ticks down a few stone then regaining. I've never sustained a goal weight. So my focus on changes habits now to help me maintain is really important.

Right now I'm enjoying using my clothing as a mark of losses. It's more exciting to try on the size 16s in my cupboard and to find out last night that they actually do up than to see I am 5 and 3/4 stones down. The 16s are still a bit too tight to wear in public. I hope the linen trews and bootcut jeans from George will fit right in 2 weeks when we are away for my stepdaughter's wedding. I only have one pair of 18s - jeans and don't want to buy another smarter pair. I can still wear the skinny 20s with a belt but they are too big. The size 20 bootcuts are way toooo big and on the Ebay pile. More t shirts and tops have gone to Sue Ryder.

So I know that I will need to not only monitor my weight but also not buy larger sizes when I'm at goal. Over the years, I've often bought a bigger size instead of addressing the weight gain. So I will have a 2 or 3lb action line - so I don't slide, and have decided that I will use a strategy that one longer term successful Alizonner is using - take advance action if I know I am having an indulgent meal/weekend in advance to reduce a lb or so, rather than retrospectively.

Onwards and downwards 8lbs to the 14s - within reach this month.

Ali

Loving reading your diary. Congrats on your success so far. I lost 5 atone with LL then piled 8 back on, because I thought the feeling of being slim would deal with my issues. That's why I'm hoping this time round it'll stay off. It's really sensible to be thinking of action plans & strategies now. I like to think of each one as a weapon in the war & will use each at the most appropriate time.

One of the long time maintainers on the Atkins board who lost half his body weight on the diet uses that technique. He goes on to the induction phase before an occasion (non processed foods, meats, veg etc). It seems a really good idea.

Congrats again, hope you don't mind me commenting.

Lovely to have you here, Annie. I don't really have a board to post on as I'm not S&S or LT - so it's lovely to know who is out there! And I find Minimins supportive too.

I'll take a look at the Atkins maintenance boards. That sounds like a good strategy - to go back to basics.

I'm really into the low carb high fat and paleo style of eating. it's the fashion in Sweden now - they had butter shortages at Xmas! See Diet Doctor - Real food for your health fr more info and links. I lost a couple of stone last year - but too slow for my liking. Now I know that my portion sizes were too big and of corse....I was still drinking alcohol. I'm not into prefab food - and now I'm not travelling for work so much, my food choices and timing of eating are now within my cotrol.

i've had a good time this week also looking at the low GI/GL boards here. The difference between GI/GL and the paleo folk is that the paleo folk don't eat the starches developed when we started farming - so no rice, beans, potatoes etc. They eat lots of other veggies - it's more a starch thing, really.

My best friend has done LL and regained. I think it's made me really clear that developing a new way of being is key to LT success. I don't think its so much about emotional eating for me - more the need to take action 2 or 3lbs in, not 2 or 3 or 10 stones later. I found a WW tracking record I'd printed off WW online - when I'd just ticked up and recrded the gains - without getting back to doing points. I know that long term i won't count everyting - so I need to establish habits about what I eat and when and portion sizes. One of my Alizonne mentors said to me that the shedding weight is the easy bit. Learning how to mantain is the real work. And it's my objective to effortlessly maintain and love the maintenance life.

Ali

Still in the size 18s - though they are looser both on the waist and the thighs. I am feeling happier - but so impatient to move on. I am so ready to start adding meat or fish protein to my evening meal.

I have been back and looked at my Alizonne plan. My target from the GP is 76kgs - 11st13.55lbs more than 11st6lbs I had as my goal here. I've changed the goal weight here to the Alizonne target - probably based on what my weight was when I went to University - my lightest as an adult. I must research set points to see what that's about.

That has a magical effect of reducing weight to be lost to just over 3 1/2stone. If I want to loose another 1/2 stone or stone when I am at goal, then I can discuss it then with the doc. I am counting down the 3/4 stone to go before I can reintroduce meat, fish or eggs to my evening meal. It'll then be 2 stone shed and I'll be onto phasing off and loosing the final stone (or is that two?!).

Ali

Back