14 Stone To Lose

So sorry to hear about your loss. Much love to you at this difficult time xx

Thinking of you and your family hun xx

Thinking of you hun, I am so so sorry about your cousin. take good care xxx

Thank you darlings, I really appreciated it.

Unfortunately the bad news continues today, grandad was admitted to hospital after a seizure and was in a bad way, though he seems to have calmed now. We've just got home from a&e after almost 6 hours. They're not entirely sure what has happened, but for the first time he doesn't know who we (me and mum) are. Despite everything he's been through and all his water infections and confusion he's always known who we were.

So sorry about your cousin and grandad so close to Christmas too. You poor thing xxx

Thank you darlings :) It helps being able to write things down and keep my brain going too as it feels like it's running on a huge lag and I'm even more mixed up than usual.

Waiting for my brother to ring, he's in San Fransisco for work until Thurs and he doesn't know yet as obviously it was late when we got back and we were shattered after no sleep the night before so didn't want to worry him. He already wanted to get on a plane and come back because of our cousin - he'll definitely be fretting to get back for this.

Have rung this morning, he's had an adgitated night where he's kept trying out of bed and tugging at his catheter (we literally had to pin him down and keep his hands from it as he was YANKING at it last night until they finally agreed and gave him a light sedation to get him to sleep.) unsure if he was sedated again as the nurse I spoke to wasn't the nurse who dealt with him. He still has no idea where he is or who the people around him are.

We're a little more together this morning, have a serious and important Social Services meeting about him this morning that was already arranged before this. I'd like to cancel it but it's so serious that I don't need it hanging over my head, especially to nearer Christmas so going to go through with it. Might have to leave mum behind though as I honestly don't think she's in any state to come with me and face it. I'd have to go and get him some new clothes anyway as he appears to have bitten his tongue and has bled all over them so I can do that at the same time.

Thank you so much for your support ladies xxx

(in unrelated good news, have lost 4lb! :) )

Fingers crossed the meeting goes quickly for you so you can get it over and done with

Well done on the loss too xxx

Back