:-(

babymimi

First at home weigh in yesterday, and i stayed the same :-( the wii says my bmi has gone down, but weight is the same.

Although i ate a wide range of food, i dont think i included enough superfree foods, plus i had a couple of cheats :sigh:

Never mind
Lisa
x

Never, ever use the wii scales as a guide Hun!!!!

They are not calibrated if you put it away, you will not be weighing in the same place each week. Clothes play another part in it, as does time of weigh-in and meal times.
If you can, I would suggest weighing at either a local leisure centre or Boots if you are doing the plan from home.

The wii scales colaborate themselves hun, i weigh same time every week, before i eat, wearing the same clothes.

What would be the point of them if you cant rely on them to weight yourself??
xx

Well they arent scales are they, they are a computer game accessory!

Carpet also effects weight with scales. I agree with above poster, use boots or invest in some bathroom ones :)

Well they arent scales are they, they are a computer game accessory!

Carpet also effects weight with scales. I agree with above poster, use boots or invest in some bathroom ones :)

Sorry guys am really struggling with this. The wii fit WEIGHS you, records what your weight was last time, and compares it. Why would they not work?

I do have ww scales though, somewhere in garage lol
x

I use my wii fit and most of the time they are correct..they have the odd few pounds difference here and there but the are roughly right for me ! x

Wii balanceboard/Wii-Fit is notoriously unreliable - i stood on mine one morning and lost 7lb from the afternoon before - all because i stood differently.

I've never once had a correlation between my losses/gains on the Wii-Fit to the losses/gains at my official WI either - i've had times WiiFit has told me i've had a gain where i've had a loss, and vice-versa.

It's a guide at best, an accessory. The balance board however at the end of the day is little more then a fancy joystick (that you stand on) for computer games that measures movements/displacement - it's never going to be as accurate as a purposely designed bathroom scales for instance - although it's sold with the Wii-Fit game which may give an impression as to it's reliability as a means of gauging your weight - that's just a marketing technique. Just look at the other games that utilise the Wii balance board.

Ahhh well then i have dug out my bathroom scales and stood on them, was 13.6 in my bedroom, 14.4 in the living room, and 15.2 in the kitchen!!! Why is this?? What can i trust?? aggghhhhh lol

For the record, the 15.2 is the most accurate, which is about 5lb more than the wii :-( but from tomorrow, i am going to re weigh my self, (as i have had my tea, and always weigh in the morning anyway) change it on my ticker and sig, and go from there, so my weigh in day will be a weds from now on
xxx

variations - even on the same set of scales - can easily be down to uneveness in the floor, weighing on carpet, etc.

Find one spot and stick with it - if you have to move the scales in/out each time - then if there's a mark (or even better two) on the floor you can line the scales up with each time - then this is going to help.

Adda girl! Pick the scales n spot and stick to it, good luck :D

Back