18's into 17's

Well, today has been cram packed with food!
My sister has started Slimming World for the first time so we had a 'shopping and cooking' day.

We bought lots of ingredients and then spent the afternoon turning them into delicious meals.

We made mushroom soup, which was amazingly simple! Just lots of mushrooms and onions boiled in stock with seasoning and then blended. I'm not a soup person but thought it was lush. We had enough for 8 people!

We also did Thai chicken cakes and pork shish kebabs, so our tea's are taken care of for the next few days!

Anyone else been cooking this week?

Yummy mushroom soup sounds yummy, what stock do you use?

So far this week I've made a syn free chili which was lovely I had it poured over a jacket. The whole family enjoys it, and I get a feeling of great satisfaction having cooked something from fresh!
Last night we had KFC chicken yum this is one of my favourite recipes I have a few bits left over which I'll have today at some point. Made some egg fried rice too, with lots of soy sauce.

I love cooking now, I never used to! Going to try Brit Mums carbanara recipe next week, but maybe have some chicken breast with it. Has anyone tried it?

xx

Hi Yummymummy2b! Welcome to the group!

I love carbanara Laura, I often put chicken in it too. I think I'll try the KFC chicken next week.

Cracking loss! Especially on star week - well done. Fingers crossed you'll be in the 17s next week. Hopefully, the rest of us won't be too far behind you.

and me :sign0144: just seen thread, started sw on 9th June at 17.11lb so not far off 18 :cry:and started old fashioned notebook food diary, keep meaning to transfer it in to my "online diary" but not got round to it yet, so only have a few menus in there. My wi day is Saturday and I've taken the step of weighing in, in front of my oh (so I know I cant cheat) this week was my star week, but from my start weight I am now at 17.1lb.

Am planning on celebrating with making myself a home made italian this weekend - s/w spinach and mushroom cannelloni, I have got ricotta in fridge so will be using that instead of ff cottage cheese so will be synning it

Welshjet that's a massive loss. Well done. Shouldn't you be in the 17's to 16's zone though. That's where we're all trying to get to.

I lost 5 lbs this week. Just need to lose another pound and I'll be joining the next zone down too :D

Thank you tillymax, wasnt sure which one I needed to be in so posted on both!

Thats a fab loss, go on you can do the extra and hopefully I'll see you in the next zone x

hey folks, i changed my wi to saturday, so i could have sat night= treat night...
so weighed myself this morning and i'm 17 stone 13 !!!!!!! so looks like i'm gonna have to love and leave you all. thanks for having me. i hope its onwards and downwards for me. No offence I don't wanna come back here, although i'd love to see you all soon in the 17-16 bracket. take care everyone xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done Laura!!! Hope to see you there soon. I've another 6.5lbs to go first though and I hope it won't be too long.

I'll be weighing on Tuesday this week because I'll be in Manchester for a meeting on Monday and will miss my class. I'm hoping for 1.5lb this week!

I made the bread pudding today. It was really yummy. My other half thought it was lovely too. I'm going to try the syn free rice pudding next week and I'm hoping that will be just as delicious...

3.5lb off for me today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for at least 1lb off next Monday. I'll be able to go into the 17s then!

Well done!!! I'm so pleased for you. I'm hoping and praying that I'll be joining you there on Monday.

I'm hoping to join you guys here in the next two weeks, got to loose 5 lbs to get to the 18 s

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Back