18's into 17's

Hi everyone :)

I hope you don't mind me joining in. I need lots of support to keep myself on plan.
I joined a class 3 weeks ago. I managed a good first week and then it's been terrible and I haven't been to class since.
My first weigh in I was over 18 stone (the heaviest I've ever been) and though I lost 4lbs in my first week, I'm assuming that I'm back in the 18s again now....I'll know for sure on Tuesday evening when I get weighed.

Hi vegemite. I started at just over 18 stone too, also the heaviest I've ever been! I don't go to classes but being here is great support. If you can keep your own diary where you document your losses, you will get to know people and they will offer encouragement when needed. Noone judges here.

Hi...weekends are terrible for me. Great socially though. lol

So, I've decided that I'm going to concentrate on the other 5 days of the week and hopefully the weekends will sort out eventually.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Just came in to the 18's (started in the 20's) so I'm 18st 13lb, hoping to get a stone down to the 17's in 4 weeks or so, lets do this! :p

Hi @BeccaJoanneSW Welcome! I am with you on the 17 stone bracket.
I thought I was going to hit it last week, but I gained half a pound and my food diary was spot on, 5- 10 syns per day as normal but I increased my exercise from light-moderate to intense and doing that everyday and reading up on it.
It looks like ive gained muscle and water on top of the fat :( so this week Ive tried to tone it down to intense every order day and walking in between. As I have so much energy right now, i want to get up and burn it off and working out does that.

before my spine would be in pain and across my back and my bra digging in, hurting due to the large size. But now, im working out without those pain anymore and its a nice feeling so i want to do more but its going to alter the scale number while my inch loss is going down. So doing that new combo of intense and walking, I see what the scales say on wednesday, dead nervous as I dont want another gain when I havent done anything to deserve it if you know what i mean.

I rather I have a big junk feast and gain a pound or a half then been 100% with exercise and gain you know :( . Just the way im thinking about it, I should really see it as a "positive gain" but im not there yet lol
When is your weigh in day?

Hi @Neveragain lovely to meet you!

I completely get what you mean about exsercise hurting before. I love working out, always have, but when I got to my heaviest even walking was a struggle, no actually standing was a struggle due to the back pain from carrying all the weight on my front! and oh the bra pain....awful. I try and work out 3/4 days a week on my exsercise bike, and really want to get a treadmill (hoping to save up what i would have spent on dominos and buy a second hand treadmill instead haha:whacky068:). I can see how frustrating it must be to get a gain when you're putting that much work in, but as you say, really its a positive gain you have lost the fat, but you've gained nice healthy muscle! It's a non-scale victory :p:D - and I'm sure the results of your work will show this Wednesday, maybe it takes your body a little time to catch up when you're working out so much - you've got this! I weigh in on a Saturday morning, when i get to 18st5 I get my two stone award and my club 10 so hoping to get 8lb off in the next couple weeks, then down in to the 17s swiftly after! Fingers crossed! :D

xx

For some reason I lost the plot this evening and so I haven't gone to class, I haven't been weighed and so I don't know which stone group I'm in. I think I'm going to get my own scales out tomorrow and see.

Thank you! @BeccaJoanneSW Just got weighed and lost 1lb, smaller than I was wanted. Was gunning for 3lbs but I think my exercise is the issue. Worked out every day intense dvd one day to walking the next and so forth. It's coming off too slowly for me. I am use to 2 - 4lbs loss each week without exercise. So I think I am going to do this week with no work outs at all and see what the results is. I am 18 stone 2lbs now at that weight I shouldn't be losing it so slow. So no excerise for the week just concentrate on the sw pack, re-read the book again and do my meal planner like i do every week and I also write everything down anyways and see what the scales say next wednesday. Excited for this week ahead. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your week

Hi everyone, Had a good week this week. I made sure I did no exercise and just stuck to plan and lost 3lbs which puts me in new numbers that i havent seen on the scales before ( from either stopped weighing myself and havent stayed this long with sw before) so I am now 17stone 13lbs yay! Super happy and kinda proud of myself, I have been wanting to exercise thinking sw plan wasnt going to be enough but i stopped myself and put faith back into the plan and I am so happy with the results. Off to the next bracket post and I hope to see you all there very soon! Good luck

Hi All
Just joined you all
Good luck, hope we are all down and through to the next zone quickly, have a great day
X

I've just started Slimming World this morning and was a bit upset with myself. I've not been in this bracket for years but the only way is up! Or down I suppose :p

Hi all,

Just wondering if there's any regular members in this weight bracket? I weighed in last week and had lost 1lb so am now 18st 3lbs. 8lb lost so far. Hoping for a nice chunky loss this Wednesday which might even take me out of this group but just thought i'd say hi.

xx

Back