1st 2lb gone- I'm a happy bunny!

MiniMoosh

Mooshing back
Weighed in today, very happy with the result- I was 15st on the 8th of December, lost 6lb, maintained over Christmas :eek::eek::eek: then started losing with low-GI in Jan. Last week I started using Slim and Save products (got a sample, no enough to start properly). I started 100% S+S on Saturday 14th, on Friday I weigher 14st 2lb so I'm GOBSMACKED to see today I am 13st 2lb!

Just getting down to the next stone is amazing. It's been tough, on Sat I did 3 MRPs but no exercise. Sunday I had to have a forth, I went for a long walk and really needed it!

So I think weekdays I'll be on 4 a day, as I walk a lot for work. Weekends if just at home or studying I'll do 3, otherwise 4 just seems wiser. I think I'll stick to this longer with 4 in me! Plus the bars are a proper treat- I didn't think that would be the case on a strict diet! So saving one for the times when I'm really tempted will be a good idea. (only one a day though!)

Mini when you have a bar are you having 3 packs plus a bar or 4 packs?. I'm doing W8 so 4 packs a day everyday but I'm buying some S&S bars this week and can't decide whether to have them as a snack with my packs or in place of a pack?

Thanks x

3 packs plus a bar. The bar is equivalant to one full MRP so you can't use them as a snack. In fact they are higher cal and higher carb, thats why you can only have one a day! The only snacks you can have on Slim and Save- and I use the term loosely!- is either saving a bit of a MRP to have later or to use the 200g veg allowance. It includes pepper, mushroom and cucumber which are fairly snacky! I'm trying not to have the veg though, trying to 100% ss if possible!

I mix my SnS with lighterlife so I follow the lighterlife rules of 4 packs a day - no veg. I like having breakfast, lunch, tea and supper. It suits me and my weight loss has been great so not thinking of changing to 3 a day.

Oh - and I meant to say congrats on your weight loss!

Thanks! I think S+S is the only one with veg every day- some have add a meal weeks, things like that. So I don't think I'm missing out not having it, nutrient-wise. I'm taking a multi-vit/mineral every day.

How is LL? Is that one where you have to see someone each week like CD? Thats the bit that put me off both, I work 60 hours so rarely have time for stuff like that! One reason I looked into VLCDs was because I can't get to a single WW, SW or RC class anywhere near me. And I live in London!

Yes - with LL you see someone every week. You also have a group councilling session - which sounds awful but can actually be quite useful. My councillor isn't very good though... I considered moving completely to SnS but have decided to eat a combination of the two (prefer SnS for meals and bars and LL for shakes) and keep with the weekly weigh in in front of another human! I also think I'll need a lot of help as I start to eat food again so hoping the LL side will be useful. LL is expensive though and obviously no use if you aren't close enough to a group.

Well done MiniMoosh, that's an amazing amount to shift in such a short space of time! xx

Yes - with LL you see someone every week. You also have a group councilling session - which sounds awful but can actually be quite useful. My councillor isn't very good though... I considered moving completely to SnS but have decided to eat a combination of the two (prefer SnS for meals and bars and LL for shakes) and keep with the weekly weigh in in front of another human! I also think I'll need a lot of help as I start to eat food again so hoping the LL side will be useful. LL is expensive though and obviously no use if you aren't close enough to a group.

Please, don't be tempted to swap away from the LL. I did and then didn;t do the maintainance properly. Now I'm back a third time to lose 6 stone. If I'd have been on LL I could have been at the counselling ssions for free for up to a year after hitting goal. It;s that year that is the most important.

wooohoooo well done on the weight loss keep it going minimoosh x

Hi Minimoosh,

I'm doing W8 and we get 4 mealpacks + 1/2pt skimmed milk + a snack, which can be a w8 snackbar or 80g veg, but at twice the price of s&s you have made the right choice going with s&s, I am actually thinking of switching myself :)

Tracyx

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice 'chicken on a mission'. I have decided to stick with LL because of the route to maintenance and maintenance period as I think I'll really need it then. In the meantime I'm saving LL vanilla packs as I'm going to use them for breakfast once I've finished - good job or I'd have far too many packs as I love the SnS meals!

Hi Minimoosh,

I'm doing W8 and we get 4 mealpacks + 1/2pt skimmed milk + a snack, which can be a w8 snackbar or 80g veg, but at twice the price of s&s you have made the right choice going with s&s, I am actually thinking of switching myself :)

Tracyx

I've been looking at W8 as another option, its just a bit dearer. I was a bit nervous of any VLCD, what do they taste like etc but I've liked most of the things I've had so far! I'm trying each thing one by one then making a bigger order to last a couple of months!

Wow MiniM, that's a great loss and I'm insanely jealous as I've been in the 13s forever and you've almost blitzed right through it :).

Wow MiniM, that's a great loss and I'm insanely jealous as I've been in the 13s forever and you've almost blitzed right through it :).

Well... I kind of see it as weight that doesn't belong to me. I lost 4st, went down to 12st 10lb, a couple of years back then gained. So that is my weight- 12st 10lb- the rest is just some... stuff hanging around. That I don't want!:D:D:D I did so much hard work and undid it all....

Congrats MiniM! You've done really well and I'm really pleased for you! It's always encouraging to read stories like your's!

Back