1st day Low carb - could you check my menu please!

Afternoon Jim!

Is your thread the 'it can be done' one? Really great pics (and I notice a few people commented on you kitchen) but I couldn't find a very long post...

Fatgirlslims, did your go lower packs arrive? How are you doing?

Yes it is love, did you read it through from the first page, that's what I meant love. :D

My go lower packs did arrive, I'm on day 3 and I'm doing okay. Did leap on the scales this morning (which I really shouldn't have, but anyway) and I'm 6lbs down - YAY! I know it's water weight and physically impossible to lose 6lbs of fat in that time but i'm still happy.

Also, the diet is lovely! You are allowed between 40-60g carbs (I've been happily sticking to the lower end), which isn't as restrictive at atkins, and it doesn't feel overwhelmingly meat and fat, which is what happened the first time I tried Atkins (my fault - I wasn't any good at writing more balanced menus).

But...before I rave too much, it is very pricey and also for me very early days. The problem I had with low carbing before was not getting into ketosis, which didn't feel too bad, but that I just didn't get enough energy, even 2 weeks into the diet, which surprised me. On Jim's advice (and because I've paid for 28 days of Go Lower), I'm going to give it the full month before making any judgements about it's long term doability.

Anyway, though, so far so good, thank you for asking!

Also, the diet is lovely! You are allowed between 40-60g carbs

That's maintenance level for me love.

Hi Jim - read the whole thread now. You really are a new man :)

FGS - glad you are enjoying Go Lower and hope it gives you the losses you're looking for. I'm sure it is not cheap though! I did once try a Go Lower raspberry nut bar that Holland & Barrett were randomly selling (haven't seen them there since) and thought it was delicious, if a little overpriced!

I am indeed love.

Good luck FGS!

I am doing Dr Charles Clark and Maureen Clark High Protein Fast Food diet. It is also 40-60g carbs a day. But, I only had 20.9 yesterday. Not by design. And, have not had much today. May try a little harder lol.

They also do a Healthy Low GI Low Carb version aswell.

Just letting you know incase you like low carb, that lets you have more carbs, but is cheaper than Go Lower. Obviously, mine is just a few books from their range.

I hope your 28 days go well!!

Back