1st day of doing LT while travelling and working away

lorraineA

Silver Member
Mixed feelongs about how today has gone - left home at 6.15am to drive to station to get 7am train to London. Was all loaded up with shaker, water, mini mixer, vanilla shake, coffee and a peaanut flapjack.
Managed to eat flapjack on train although it was pretty vile - just about edible with lots of water.
Train then delaayed as diverted via Northampton for some reason so had to call to ask to delay start of meeting.
In between meetings I managed to make hot vanilla shake with coffee - used mini blender I bought from Lighter Life website as it is supposed to be great for blending on the move - shake was not great as had lots of white lumps in it! May have to just try to shake in shaker next time - does anyone shake hot shakes in shaker? Can't take normal hand blender with me really.
Meetings went on so missed normal train so am now sitting somewhere between London and Liverpool reading forum for inspiration with only water - may treat self to coffee from buffet in a minute.
All in all not a bad first attempt at travelling on LT but could be improved.
Looking forward to my soup when get home -have strated shaking it with some dried tarragon and it is really nice!

hi lorraine

well done on keeping to plan today with all ur travelling and hold ups. im sure it wasnt easy. today is my first day and im finding it okay.

**regarding shakers and hot shakes.....that is definately a no go as u will have an explosion on your hands. i speak from experience :eek: lol. i tried to be smart once with a cambridge shake. filled the shaker thing with warm water, added the shake, started to shake the shaker lol...and boom....the lid blew off and it was all up the cupboards and over me. NOOOOOOT GOOOOD!!! so u have been warned lol. :p:p

anyway pet i hope u have a better day 2moro. good luck xxx

ha that happened to me with the shaker i put my soup in with boiling water and KABOOM!! all over my kitchen hahah i couldnt stop laughing

Sitting here laughing on train thinking of shaking shake all over myself on train - don't think Virgin would be impressed lol - but actually Deezer thanks as could microwave in work - good idea!

Sitting here laughing on train thinking of shaking shake all over myself on train - don't think Virgin would be impressed lol - but actually Deezer thanks as could microwave in work - good idea!
You could make the cookies.... the recipe is in my diary.....somewhere!!! Lol...

I have an image of you licking the soup off strangers on the train as it exploded all over them! LMAO!

I have a sick mind!!! Sorry! Well done today on staying 100%. That wasnt easy. I always keep a flapjack in my bag for such emergancys. Just a tip for you in case you ever get stranded again!

I have an image of you licking the soup off strangers on the train as it exploded all over them! LMAO!

I have a sick mind!!! Sorry! Well done today on staying 100%. That wasnt easy. I always keep a flapjack in my bag for such emergancys. Just a tip for you in case you ever get stranded again!

Licking the soup off strangers - have you ever seen the people travelling on the Liverpool to London train???? I'd rather eat a flapjack - and that's saying something. And yes, I see what you mean about a sick mind but I like it lol

Licking the soup off strangers - have you ever seen the people travelling on the Liverpool to London train???? I'd rather eat a flapjack - and that's saying something. And yes, I see what you mean about a sick mind but I like it lol
Where abouts in Liverpool do you live hun??? If you dont mind me asking! I went to uni there..... Brilliant city! Love it!!! x

To quote my mother.....

Hunger is great sauce!!!

The flapjacks get easier to eat as time goes on I think! Less vomity! :9529::8855:

I hope so Niamh as I will need to use them on long flights in November as cannot imagine doing shakes on a plane!

Deezer - I live in Aigburth by the Vale - been in Liverpool almost 5 years now and I agree it's a great city to live in. Where did you live when you were here? Where do you live now in Manchester? I spent a while in Chorlton then Rhodes near Middleton as lived there for 6 years a long time ago - still love Manchester especially the theatre scene there it's fabulous.

"Shakes on a Plane".... isnt that a film!!!! lol

That is what I love about the flapjacks. Throw them in your bag and away you go. Break them up into little bite size pieces makes them more palatable too.

Well done on getting through yesterday though hun. Its not an easy diet but you are doing fantastic!

Lol this thread has me giggling away!

Well done as long days on LT are hard. I commute 1hr 30mins each way daily and after a workout on my way home it can mean I'm out from 7.10am to 8pm but the soups are a godsend as you can pretend that they are cuppa soups!! lol!!

Mixed feelongs about how today has gone - left home at 6.15am to drive to station to get 7am train to London. Was all loaded up with shaker, water, mini mixer, vanilla shake, coffee and a peaanut flapjack.
Managed to eat flapjack on train although it was pretty vile - just about edible with lots of water.
Train then delaayed as diverted via Northampton for some reason so had to call to ask to delay start of meeting.
In between meetings I managed to make hot vanilla shake with coffee - used mini blender I bought from Lighter Life website as it is supposed to be great for blending on the move - shake was not great as had lots of white lumps in it! May have to just try to shake in shaker next time - does anyone shake hot shakes in shaker? Can't take normal hand blender with me really.
Meetings went on so missed normal train so am now sitting somewhere between London and Liverpool reading forum for inspiration with only water - may treat self to coffee from buffet in a minute.
All in all not a bad first attempt at travelling on LT but could be improved.
Looking forward to my soup when get home -have strated shaking it with some dried tarragon and it is really nice!
Hiya Hun,
It must be a right hassle for you doing this AND travelling, so well done for being so organised I say! Just a little bit of advice. I`m not certain BUT I don`t think the shakes are supposed to me made with hot water, just COLD. That may well be why your getting lumps, plus it could alter the vitamins/nutrients balance. Also it does say on the shaker NOT to shake with hot water, as we may well have an nasty accident!! Don`t mean to sound patronising I`m sure youve seen that yourself.... so sorry if it comes across that way hunni. Well done on eating the flap (arent they vile!!) jack!! ha ha I cant stomach them. Keep it up chick, your doing fab!! .:D.. Lou xx

Last edited:
"Shakes on a Plane".... isnt that a film!!!! lol

That is what I love about the flapjacks. Throw them in your bag and away you go. Break them up into little bite size pieces makes them more palatable too.

Well done on getting through yesterday though hun. Its not an easy diet but you are doing fantastic!

"Shakes on a Plane"....brilliant!! Or how about that other Hollywood action movie "Shake Eyes"!

Ha Ha Ha Shivie. Priceless!!!

I have Shake Eyes!!! Every time I see one my eyes close!!!

I should pretend its a Shakebite.....lol

:8855::8855::8855: Anyone for a rip-roaring game of "Shakes and Ladders"!!

x S

Oooooh I'm game for that.... only if afterwards we can have a dance-off.....

I've got Shake Hips, you know!!!!!! :D

:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

My shaker says very clearly on the side "Not suitable for shaking hot liquids" in heavy black type. Can`t miss it. Doesnt everyone have the Lipotrim shaker then? Maybe not lol ... :)

Oooooh I'm game for that.... only if afterwards we can have a dance-off.....

I've got Shake Hips, you know!!!!!! :D

:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

Nah I'll win that hand's down girl...my shakeskin boots never let me down on the dancefloor!!!!

x S

Back