1st day of doing LT while travelling and working away

Hey LouLou,

Dont have LT shaker. Have Tony Fergusson one as it was a fraction of the price (In Ireland looking for €14 for LT one and TF one was €3.39 in Boots). But it basically the same thing. You are right about the Hot Water in the Shaker. You'd have a mighty explosion on your hands and soup everywhere. lol. Definitely not recommended!!!!

Shivie said:
Nah I'll win that hand's down girl...my shakeskin boots never let me down on the dancefloor!!!!

x S

Oh you are a right shake in the grass with your shakeskin boots!!!! Bring it on!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Yes "shakes on a plane" is hilarious so well done Niamh - made me laugh anyway.
I will definitiely keep a few flapjacks for when travelling and maybe splitting them into smaller chunks will help - will try that too.
Thanks for all the support everyone and don't worry Lou am not patronised at all. My pharmacist says it is fine to have the shakes hot so either coffee with vanilla so it is like a latte' or hot chocolate (especially made with peppermint tea so it is like mint hot choc) are getting me through this more easily as cannot stomach the shakes cold. Deezer's idea of shaking then microwaving is a good one and also am goign to persevere with mini blender as not sure I did it properly - found a website with reviews of a similar blender which said you need to make sure the blender goes down to the bottom of the glass - don't think I did that so well worth another go - anything to avoid more flapjacks than necessary!!

Oh you are a right shake in the grass with your shakeskin boots!!!! Bring it on!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Hisssssssss!! That I am me girl! I wasn't born in the Chinese Year of the Shake for nothing y'know!!!!! :party0049:

Yes Lou I have LT shaker and it does say that but I tend to use my hand blender in the shaker without the lid on and it is fine - just did not want to shake it with hot liquid inside as I feared the worst as you have suggested.
I just blend it hot then pour into a nice big mug and it is really not too bad - much prefer to cold shakes.

My shaker says very clearly on the side "Not suitable for shaking hot liquids" in heavy black type. Can`t miss it. Doesnt everyone have the Lipotrim shaker then? Maybe not lol ... :)

All of this play on words about shakes has made me remember a favourite toy of mine when I was a kid - does anyone remember "shaker maker"? I used to really enjoy making these little gnomes or whatever they were by shaking up the stuff in moulds - come to think of it, the stuff reminds me of the LT strawberry shake lol

Brilliant! If you get totally bored with the shakes just make 'em extra extra thick...roll 'em out into a dough & make little critters out of them with painted on faces!!

And then EAT them!!!!!!!

Naturally!! Better just use the soup to paint on the faces then! Or little bits of flapjack to make eyes and nose! Dear God I better go make a herbal tea....I'm turning into a raving loony here!! :crazy:

Ah right ok... I bought the lipotrim one just cos it was convenient for me didnt have time/mobility to shop around or else I would have as they are pretty dear! Hope all is going well for you Niamh? Lou xx

Well done today! It's such a temptation when you're travelling to just "grab" something! And yes to echo everyone else whose tried shaking hot or even warm liquids in the shaker...DONT!! I did it in the kitchen at work and it practically exploded with a large bang!!! The worst of it though was having to sit at work in a suit covered in lumpy chocolate milkshake for the rest of the day....oh how I laughed - NOT!!!! :)

Sorry Mackie but your post did make me laugh - just envisioning you sitting there covered in brown gloopy mess in the office - am definitely not shaking a hot soup now lol

I was advised last time I could make coffee with the vanilla shake. I make a mint tea really strong and have hot choc in it and make it a really big drink as the mint helps the flavour. I also did coffee out and added a vanilla shake and I learnt mix a little cold water with shake and then add hot water or coffee less lumps and holland and barrat do a shaker with a sieve on the top to filter any lumps. I used to pour my hot drink in there just to get rid of stray lumps.
Well done you for keeping at it.

I was advised last time I could make coffee with the vanilla shake. I make a mint tea really strong and have hot choc in it and make it a really big drink as the mint helps the flavour. I also did coffee out and added a vanilla shake and I learnt mix a little cold water with shake and then add hot water or coffee less lumps and holland and barrat do a shaker with a sieve on the top to filter any lumps. I used to pour my hot drink in there just to get rid of stray lumps.
Well done you for keeping at it.

Thanks - actually the LT shaker has that little plastic grid thing that's like a sieve - does that hep get rid of lumps if you pour mixed / blended shake out? Think I might have missed a trick there lol

Back