1st time Slim faster! Wish me luck!

Hi Clare and Kelly, it's my first day on SF today! Just had a shake for breakfast, wasnt too bad, it was the tinned vanilla flavour! Clare you seem to be doing fab, are you finding any part difficult? Kelly how is you SF going? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I've been off track a few months and gained 7lbs and really couldnt face goign back to SW :( 5 weeks til my holidays and would love to lose 2lbs a week, have either of you done SF before? How did you find the results if so? xx

Hi and welcome Miss Thomas..Iv found it very easy if im honest,really makes me feel full up and stops my craving for snacks in between,had a couple of blips at the weekend,wine and a take away but its always expected,lol! Only done it a week myself so just getting to grips to which products I like best,so far iv decided the strawberry out of a tin and the meal bars are horrible but everything else Iv liked. I also have a holiday in 7 weeks and aiming for 2 pounds a week.
Im pleased to say Ill be sticking with slim fast,had my weigh in this morning and have lost 5 pounds..so very happy with that..not lost that much in 1 week since the first ever time I joined SW about 6 years ago lol. x

Hi and welcome Miss Thomas..Iv found it very easy if im honest,really makes me feel full up and stops my craving for snacks in between,had a couple of blips at the weekend,wine and a take away but its always expected,lol! Only done it a week myself so just getting to grips to which products I like best,so far iv decided the strawberry out of a tin and the meal bars are horrible but everything else Iv liked. I also have a holiday in 7 weeks and aiming for 2 pounds a week.
Im pleased to say Ill be sticking with slim fast,had my weigh in this morning and have lost 5 pounds..so very happy with that..not lost that much in 1 week since the first ever time I joined SW about 6 years ago lol. x

5lbs! WOW that is amazing.. how do you feel?

Hopefully I will have a successful week like you! Ive had a shake for breakfast, handful of nuts at 10am then ive just had home made carrot and lentil soup with 2 slices of wholegrain bread, which I worked out 365cals for whole meal! i have an apple for a snack later and then I will have a shake tonight after bootcamp. Hopefully I wont be too hungry!

Where are you goign on your holiday? I can't wait for mine.. shame I gained the last few weeks, hopefully knowing I only have 5 weeks to go will make it a little easier.

What main meal have you been having each day? x

Feel great about it,hoping I can get another 4 off this week,will really give me the boost I need. Yes iv found the meals have been very low in calories for what I expected..easter Sunday I got a fish from chip shop with a teacake and I worked it out to be just over 500 calories. Other days iv just had the usual family meals,as long as can control the portion size these meals are generally under 600 calories,work days iv been having a jacket potato with filling for dinner and having a shake for tea,find that works better for me on work days. Back to the gym today too,been a funny week with it been easter and not had chance at all,so hopefully thatl help too.
Going to Tunisia,got a really good last minute deal on it,lol..how about you? x

Lost 5 pounds 1st week eating 8650 calories out of allowance of 9500!
Week 2 day 1!
10am-2 sausages,2 slices bread

1.30Pm-SF chocolate shake
5pm-SF nougat bar
5.30pm-few oven chips
6pm-50 mins gym/20 mins swim
8.30pm-grapes
9pm-SF chocolate crunch meal bar

10Pm-cream egg
1300 calories burnt off 550 calories
750 Calories

Last edited:
Week 2 Day 2
7am-SF caramel bar
8am-1 slice of toast
11am-SF Chocolate shake
12pm-95 calorie crisps

1.30Pm-cream egg
2.30Pm-dairylea dunker
4Pm-2 chicken thighs mash veg
1400 calories

Not the best of days :-(

Last edited:
clare_lou2909 said:
Week 2 Day 2
7am-SF caramel bar
8am-1 slice of toast
11am-SF Chocolate shake
12pm-95 calorie crisps
1.30Pm-cream egg

Oh dear im eating so much rubbish 2day. Healthy tea of chicken potato n veg should save me!

Week 2 Day 3
7am-SF summer strawberry shake
8am-2 plums
1pm-2 slices bread,chicken roll salad
4pm-2 mcnuggets (couldnt help myself!)
6pm-fish in sauce, new potatoes n veg
8pm-2 peanut butter cups
1400 calories
Gone off track today having that sandwich at dinner but felt very hungry,tho my evening meal was only 400 calories so hoping that compensates,back on track tomorrow!

Last edited:
Your meals look really good, I'm hoping to start SF soon. Best of luck!

Hi Rose bud..My eating plans have gone all wrong this second week,not confident I will have lost anything,still got 4 days left tho and im working today and tomorrow so its much easier to keep disciplined,lol! Have you done SF before then and how much did you lose? I lost 5 pounds the first week,im aiming for 2 a week. x

Week 2 Day 4
8am-SF chocolate shake
9am-Plum
10am-SF Caramel bar
3pm-4 pints of lager :-0
8pm-Pizza and chips( :-0 again lol)
1750 calories

Ok so another bad day,will be surprised if I lose this week,going to try so hard now..!

Last edited:
clare_lou2909 said:
Feel great about it,hoping I can get another 4 off this week,will really give me the boost I need. Yes iv found the meals have been very low in calories for what I expected..easter Sunday I got a fish from chip shop with a teacake and I worked it out to be just over 500 calories. Other days iv just had the usual family meals,as long as can control the portion size these meals are generally under 600 calories,work days iv been having a jacket potato with filling for dinner and having a shake for tea,find that works better for me on work days. Back to the gym today too,been a funny week with it been easter and not had chance at all,so hopefully thatl help too.
Going to Tunisia,got a really good last minute deal on it,lol..how about you? x

I'm going to Jamaica 4 weeks today! awww I love Tunisia was one of the best holidays I ever had!

I can't believe how well it's going on SF. Last night was hard, had friends round who all had take away and drinks, I stuck to the 2 vodkas I told myself I could have. Just kept thinking about what a waste the last few days would have been f I had a takeaway! Then this morning was amazing, it's day 4 and I've lost 7lbs!! I don't know how but it feels amazing and it's totally motivated me! Got my boyfriend to hide the scales so I stop weigh myself each day now. I don't know if this is because I have a lot to lose or just because the last few weeks I've pigged so much but I'm so happy with the results.

Still been having my meal at lunch time then a shake for tea and it's working for my lifestyle!!

Wow,thats brilliant hun...take ur weeks weighing as gospel tho as I no I fluctuate up and down all week...dont think Iv done so cracking this week..popped down to pub after work for a couple yesterday to watch race and my winnings went on a pizza :-0 ! Not going to weigh until Wednesday so time will tell,got my head in gear today and the next 2 days should be easy too!
Ooh,glad you have said that as heard such mixed reviews about Tunisia and to be honest we went to Turkey and wasnt so keen and I no its ment to be very similar..we are a family of 5 tho so got to take what we can afford,hotel does look fantastic tho and it has a wide range of eating places within the complex so Im not worrying too much,kids will be occupied thats all that matters. Wow,im so jealous...caribbean wont come for us until well after kids have grown up,lol...!

Week 2 Day 5
8am-SF Caffe latte shake
12pm-Tuna pasta salad

Last edited:
clare_lou2909 said:
Wow,thats brilliant hun...take ur weeks weighing as gospel tho as I no I fluctuate up and down all week...dont think Iv done so cracking this week..popped down to pub after work for a couple yesterday to watch race and my winnings went on a pizza :-0 ! Not going to weigh until Wednesday so time will tell,got my head in gear today and the next 2 days should be easy too!
Ooh,glad you have said that as heard such mixed reviews about Tunisia and to be honest we went to Turkey and wasnt so keen and I no its ment to be very similar..we are a family of 5 tho so got to take what we can afford,hotel does look fantastic tho and it has a wide range of eating places within the complex so Im not worrying too much,kids will be occupied thats all that matters. Wow,im so jealous...caribbean wont come for us until well after kids have grown up,lol...!

My weigh in is weds too, so not goin to weigh again until then.

I loved Tunisia, hotel was fab, weather was fab! We only left the complex twice, we did the camel ride which was amazing and we did a shopping trip to Souse , the place reminded me of the market in the Disney film Aladdin haha! I loved t and would definitely go back.

Im sure you will have done fine, get back on it and I'm sure the scales will make you happy!!, I was worried about starting but it hasn't been difficult at all, I was telling my boyfriend last night, this diet is perfect for me because having the milkshake doesn't feel like I'm restricted, I've been having the chocolate one out I the tub and I love it!!

Yes I dont feel restricted either,my first week was fab and I was thinking,wow how easy is this! But I think Iv got that mindset this week of 'oh i lost 5 pounds n deserve a treat' if you know what I mean lol..doing ok today..going to have my shake about 3 o clock then save my snacks until later when I start getting peckish! x

clare_lou2909 said:
Yes I dont feel restricted either,my first week was fab and I was thinking,wow how easy is this! But I think Iv got that mindset this week of 'oh i lost 5 pounds n deserve a treat' if you know what I mean lol..doing ok today..going to have my shake about 3 o clock then save my snacks until later when I start getting peckish! x
Week 2 day 6
9Am- 1 slice of toast
11Am-SF chocolate shake
2Pm-SF chocolate crunch meal bar

Back