2 months til wedding and need to lose 1 stone :(

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by bumblebee, 16 October 2010 Social URL.

1. bumblebee

bumblebee Member

Hi everyone

I'm getting married on New Year's Eve this year. I currently weigh 145lbs and am 5 foot 7 inches tall. I usually weigh about 139lbs but my fiance and I have been eating takeaways and eating out and generally not worrying about calories for a while. BUT IT'S CRUNCH TIME NOW and I really want to lose a whole stone to take me down to 135lbs or less.

I'm 36 and have always done exercise, mainly running and swimming, but I just want to know if it's possible to lose 1 stone safely and healthily before the big day and if you could give me some diet, recipe and exercise tips.

Thank you xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BREN

BREN is going to loose!

Start Weight:
    83kg
    Current Weight:
    80.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    72kg
    Lost(%):
    2.2kg(2.68%)
    Diet:
    CALORIE COUNTING :)
    Well it's simple 3 high protein meals, yoghurt and 1 piece of fruit and 2 ltrs of water a day. Get 4 days of 45'mins exercise.

Good luck and how exciting! Xx

No more take aways hun.

4. SammyE

SammyE Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.38%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Half a stone a month is doable without anything really drastic.

I went on the Tony Ferguson and lost a stone in 2 and a half weeks, although I started with alot more to lose then you!

5. Mahendran

Mahendran Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    FLP Weight Management
    I went on the FLP diet and lost 11lbs in 9 days, so it is possible to loose weight with a very strict diet with a 20min Walk every morning.

6. Miss Mango

Miss Mango Little Miss Wii Fit!

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    I've lost almost a stone in about a month & a half with a strict diet of keeping myself off the stuff I know puts weight on me and doing exercise.
    I've cut sugar out of my tea and stopped having all the takeaways and other stuff I was having. I've lost almost 2 stone in total but thats since March as I got stuck in th summer until I meant business with myself and this last month & a half I've taken off almost a stone so it is possible hun but you've gotta be strict with yourself.

Good luck ;)

7. tigerjack

tigerjack Member

start eating more lean meat, and wholegrain breads, pastas, etc. oats is also a very good choice, so long as they are not "instant" ones. eat 5-6 times a day and don't eat after 6pm. eg oats for breakfast, banana as a snack, brown rice for lunch, handful nuts for snack, chicken salad for dinner, etc.

but i should also warn you, marriage/long term relationship is a major influence on weight gain, because you find somebody you love, you don't think about weight much, it's easy to gain a lot. make sure you don't go back on takeaway diets after marriage too, make it a long term thing what you're doing, for your sake.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.