2 Packs and a Ketogenic Meal?

alicimo

hiiiiii lovely ladies (and gents)

i was wondering, is it possibly to have 2 meals on exante and then one ketogenic meal so i stay in ketosis? i've been doing this a while and i
am reeeally craving fish hahahaa

mmmmmm i know about the working solution, i just don't really want to go on it as the losses aren't as quick :/

it not really worth the risk of dropping to 2 packs - you need all the nutrients that are provided in the 3 packs when your body is under the stress of living on such few calories as it!

if your really wanting something to eat why dont you have the 3 packs and the fish as a treat and then carry on doing the total solution? its my birthday next week and we are going out for dinner and i plan on having my 3 packs and going out for dinner and having scallops and steak and just staying completely carb free! and then back on the TS after it to get to goal!

yeeaaah you're right i might just treat myself to prawns for the day! and then go back to TS :) It's my 18th in 2 weeks! So I am half excited/half dreading that, as it's on a saturday so a night on the town is certainly on the cards hahaha, I think I'll have to come out of ketosis for the weekend from friday so my body can handle the alcohol and its not dangerous!

yes you most definately have to come out of ketosis and enjoy your 18th!!! it and your 21st are the best birthdays you will have!! Im coming 23 at the end of the month and this is the first year I havent been excited for my birthday!! its all down hill from there lol!

have you got a big party planned?

I did fancy dress for my 18th and like 30 of us got on a bus and invaded a night club it was brilliant lol

ahh i'm sure you'll still have fun and have a lovely meal too! well it's annoyingly right in the middle of my A Levels hahaa so i'm just having a lot of friends over in the day and then we're all heading out to town (unless they have exams that week and can't) so it will be fun :) but it's my 2 best friends the next week so we're having a big night out as 3 way celebration! Such a rubbish time to go on a diet with all these parties/proms etc! But it will be worth it hopefully :)

I would really advise that you come out of ketosis a couple of days before if you're planning alcohol. This is coming from someone that learnt the hard way in week 3 :(

As others have said (and I hadn't found this lovely forum before so didn't realise) it really is quite dangerous to drink when you're in ketosis!

Hope you enjoy your celebrations - you're only 18 once!!! x

I would really advise that you come out of ketosis a couple of days before if you're planning alcohol. This is coming from someone that learnt the hard way in week 3 :(

As others have said (and I hadn't found this lovely forum before so didn't realise) it really is quite dangerous to drink when you're in ketosis!

Hope you enjoy your celebrations - you're only 18 once!!! x
I am so pleased that you point this out Plymscuba, I wouldn't have known any different, I take it the hang over wold have been horrendous.
Its my ermm big birthday get together in July so at least I know now to come out of Ketosis before hand, but that is only if I am on target.
I hope you have a lovely time for your Birthdays alicimo and Chellywelly x

Its not the hangover part thats bad, its how dangerous it affects you at the time. I like to think I'm quite a seasoned drinker (I love vino) but the day I drank I was an absolute mess. I only had less than 1 bottle of wine with no carb food and how it affected me was dangerous. Didn't have a clue where I was or what I was doing. I was very lucky that my friend shoved me into a taxi and that he didn't take advantage with my bag or body(!) as I really didn't have a scooby what was going on. Bearing in mind this was 3.30pm in the day. Was sick on the pub floor (very embarrassing :eek:) and my friends mum had to clear it up!

There's a sticky on here somewhere about the affects of alcohol and ketosis and it made for interesting reading as it was basically me! Lucky I didn't end up in hospital. Never again :) x

I was doing Atkins a few years ago and went out drinking not knowing that it was a stupid idea. I had about two vodkas, was totally hammered and threw up all over my shoes in a packed beer garden. Mortified.

Back