2 week break

i think personally do the 12 weeks then re-feed and maintain you weightloss for 12weeks then do another 12 weeks in that way you allow your skin to catch up and you will lessen the risk of loose skin, thats what i've done, i've gone from 21 stone to 13/14 stone over two years, maintained 13/14 stone for 9 months and feel ready to lose the last three. i have little excess skin/fat but thats just what ive observed is the best way, all i know is that i wont be requiring a tummy tuck as its pinged back really well :)

Wow got a reply

We are governed by the European Commission and we have to abide by certain rulings.We will provide you with an alternative diet programme for the two weeks break which could be ketogenic if required but to be honest the two weeks break is a good metabolism booster and will not hinder long term goals. In the two weeks off you can expect to gain up to 6lb but this would be lost completely in the first week back into the plan.

Wow got a reply

We are governed by the European Commission and we have to abide by certain rulings.We will provide you with an alternative diet programme for the two weeks break which could be ketogenic if required but to be honest the two weeks break is a good metabolism booster and will not hinder long term goals. In the two weeks off you can expect to gain up to 6lb but this would be lost completely in the first week back into the plan.

What a quick response! Love to know why the ruling is that though :banghead: like if theres medical reason for it. Its good news about them devising plan and being in ketosis but ide worry if it wasnt too strict that ide fall off wagon, guess will cross that bridge when come to it and make decision then. Thanks for coming back to say what they said chick :)

Catdog xx

When I read up on it, the main consensus is that they purely didn't study it for longer than 12 weeks and therefore can't legally say how your body would react longer than 12 weeks on vlcd. As starlight says, it's to do with increasing your calorie intake as opposed to taking you out of ketosis. Upping your milk intake, adding a protein meal, extra packs, veg will all do that. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

When I read up on it, the main consensus is that they purely didn't study it for longer than 12 weeks and therefore can't legally say how your body would react longer than 12 weeks on vlcd. As starlight says, it's to do with increasing your calorie intake as opposed to taking you out of ketosis. Upping your milk intake, adding a protein meal, extra packs, veg will all do that. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i think thats what i will be doing just adding veg and protein meal if needs be and adding milk same as cd, not risking coming off packs- not worth it to me, see what response twiowl gets anyway, thanks chick :)

Catdog xx

This is the reply

More calories are burnt based on how much active muscle tissue, this is defined by how much glcogen is stored in the muscle, so when depleted in glcogen (whilst in ketosis) the muscles carry almost no glycogen. So the boost in glycogen also boosts metabolism and the amount of calories your body burns.

This is the reply

More calories are burnt based on how much active muscle tissue, this is defined by how much glcogen is stored in the muscle, so when depleted in glcogen (whilst in ketosis) the muscles carry almost no glycogen. So the boost in glycogen also boosts metabolism and the amount of calories your body burns.

Thanks twiowl :) bit of a contradiction saying about the depletion of glycogen being due to ketosis thats why need break and then saying can still have a plan that week/2 weeks that keeps you in ketosis that week aint it! i'll defo add more calories then through protein meals for bit of metabolism boost then, will consult sns at the time i think to see what they say re personalised plan.

Catdog

Catdog I think what they mean they will keep u in ketones if u want too with food/certain packs, but the above is a reason to why u should have a two week break with their food plan If that makes sense :) xx

Twiowl said:
Catdog I think what they mean they will keep u in ketones if u want too with food/certain packs, but the above is a reason to why u should have a two week break with their food plan If that makes sense :) xx

Makes no sense at all! You can't have carbs (glycogen) and be in ketosis too. It probably gives your body a well needed break as its quite hard work for your liver and kidneys... I would just add an extra pack or an extra meal of just protein + a bit of veggies.

I didn't say u have carbs to be in ketones where does my statement say that ? :-S

I was talking about the fact they can give u food plan to say in ketone OR just the normal food but they advise the normal one for the statement they stated!!

Last edited:
Twiowl said:
I didn't say u have carbs be in ketones where does my statement say that ?

I was talking about the fact they can give u food plan to say in ketone OR just the normal food but they advise the normal one for the statement they stated!!

Sorry I meant what they said seemed to be contradictoru not what you aside... darned phone I can't seem to reply without quoting the person above.... or said even...

Hahahaha I did find it a bit weird when u mention carbs and stuff :)

They won't give me a answer on why the guidelines, what was nice guidelines etc :(

Thats what i meant as well twiowl that what they said is big contradiction saying what guidelines say and why the break but then saying theyd devise one to keep you you in ketosis doh. surely they should be sticking to guidelines if thats the case and not give the option of ketosis plan.

i think weve getting best answers we will get on it anyway so will deal with it when i get to it :)

Catdog xx

Sorry my bad read it wrong *blushing*

lol no dont be silly, i just didnt want you thinking i was getting on at you hun :eek: All good in the hood :cool:

Catdog xx

I actually never thought that lmao am on day 2 my brain is fuzzy lmao

Good lol im on day 21, i constantly feel like that hehe, how are you finding it?

Catdog xx

A few years ago, I did lighterlife for somewhere around 26 weeks. I forget exactly when I started the refeed, so it may have been 22 weeks on just the packs.

By the end I was very drained and was quite poorly looking (I was quite ashen for a little while).. Looking back now, I think a break every 12 weeks would probably have helped immensely.

This time on ss, I'm aiming for around 16 weeks but wouldn't mind taking longer and having a couple of breaks (for a day or two). Don't think I'll take a weeks break but I'll see ow I feel over time.

It's for your metabolism after twelve weeks your body and it's metabolism has adjusted and your losses will significantly reduce. If you have a break it kicksp starts your metabolism. I think all that happens is your losses go down to about 1lb or 2 a week..... This is from the internet so I'm not a doctor or anything but it does make sense.

Back