2 weeks off, 11lbs on...Back to it with a vengeance!!

AvaGardner

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

As the title says, 2weeks off, 11lbs on , thanks to a fabulous holiday in Portugal! I need to get back to losing weight asap. I have a family do the end of september and have a blue dress size 14 that i HAVE to get into, I also want to look fab for the guy I was dating who doesnt seem to be texting back, need to show him what he's missing so am on a bid to lose the weight asap. i hope to have most of the 11lbs gone in the first week. Im feeling motivated but welcome tips or words of encouragement too.

Ava
xxxx

hiya, glad you had a good holiday! we were in portugal - algarve, end of june, it was our holiday photos that made me realise i HAVE to loose weight! those 11lbs will be off before you know it, as they say, the first week is mostly water loss... did you refeed before your holiday?

HI chub, i didnt refeed before holidays so piled it on, actually put on 9lbs according to chemist. Did u refeed before ur holiday? What damage did u do? Im starting back on it today, ill be size 14 soon hopefully....good luck with ur journey

Ava
xxxx

Hi Ava, u will get that off in no time. Re feed is so important on this diet! I didn't do it right and ended up in hospital. I am gonna make sure I do it by the book before our holiday in October.

Oh and I hope ur gonna strut ur stuff in front of that fella and walk away when he runs over to apologise for not texting back!!! :) x

Hi Ava, u will get that off in no time. Re feed is so important on this diet! I didn't do it right and ended up in hospital. I am gonna make sure I do it by the book before our holiday in October.

Oh and I hope ur gonna strut ur stuff in front of that fella and walk away when he runs over to apologise for not texting back!!! :) x

Hi Lipotrim, thanks for the words of encouragement, im feeling good and just back from a lil walk, which is a rarity for me but something ill be doing more of hopefully. Sorry to hear u ended up in hospital, hope ur ok now. And said fella turns out to have lost his phone so he hasnt been on to me....still wanna lose weight and look fab when i see him next.

AvaGardner said:
Hi Lipotrim, thanks for the words of encouragement, im feeling good and just back from a lil walk, which is a rarity for me but something ill be doing more of hopefully. Sorry to hear u ended up in hospital, hope ur ok now. And said fella turns out to have lost his phone so he hasnt been on to me....still wanna lose weight and look fab when i see him next.

Thanks, I'm fine, I just became really low on iron and had huge amounts of water retention which can be dangerous.

Oh....we'll let said fella off then :p

good luck Ava x

Glad ur better lipotrim, and thanks Daisy. Said fella was on to me last night, his phone was robbed so he hadnt been in contact, told me he missed me, awww. I cant wait to start losing weight and looking fab. Day 2 and doing well ladies, i find speadsheets great for marking off the days, have one on the fridge.

xxx

AvaGardner said:
Glad ur better lipotrim, and thanks Daisy. Said fella was on to me last night, his phone was robbed so he hadnt been in contact, told me he missed me, awww. I cant wait to start losing weight and looking fab. Day 2 and doing well ladies, i find speadsheets great for marking off the days, have one on the fridge.

xxx

Awwwww bless him!

Glad day 2 is going ok for you. Day 4 for me and still going strong. Seams to be going faster that last time :)

Yep he's a cutie, its early days tho. Well done for getting to Day 4! We'll be looking better in no time.

xxx

I agree, but no one else in this thread had given Ava that link which explains in great detail why she had such rapid weight gain and how to avoid it next time. If anything the fact she didn't refeed correctly seems to be overlooked quite quickly.

I'm not standing here giving Eva orders, or telling her off. I'm just looking out for another LTer

Hiya CP, i was in no way thinking you were judging, I am just one of those people that think trying is 90% of the battle with anything tiz all, and wanted to sort of pat Ava on the back for admitting what had happened and for getting back on it with lesson learnt x

Thanks CP and Daisy. I know not refeeding caused a massive weight gain and have learnt its imperative to do next time. Thanks for the encouragement Daisy. Im on Day 5 and taking each day as it comes. Was 12 13 on the scales so that was a boost, i cant help but weigh myself every morning, despite knowing i should weight for weigh in day. Saw himself too and he said i looked glam and u can really see the weight off my face, so cant wait to lose more, although he's not texting, so im in as bit of a heap! Men!!!

Ava
xxxx

Ava dont live your life for a man, live it for you! and I get on the scales ALL the time! cant help myself, the only way to stop me would be to throw them out, and then i suspect i would get withdrawal symptoms and go buy more, so even though we are not meant to it takes a certain person NOT to x
anyways I need my scales to keep control once I am off this, I have vowed that this time I will be as good as possible with a treat night a week, and still get on the scales every week to check i am in check, and if i go above 7lb gain i shall do something about it, in the past I have been the person that hides her head in the sand, just keep buying a size bigger etc and not addressing the situ.............this time it has to be different x

He did text, i cant help but really like him but I suppose I need to do this for me! Like many people here Ive had enough of putting on weight, not getting anything nice to fit, etc...Its time to take drastic action. I had to laugh when u talked about scales hun, im addicted to them too. It gives me a little boost in the morning when i see an extra pound gone usually. Youve done sooo well. Congratulations. Stick with it, ur an inspiration.

Ava
xxxx

lol i can often be found moving the scales around the bathroom to different positions to see if they make me lighter in a certain place, THATS how obsessed I am!!!
Doesnt make any difference to my WI but makes me feel better x

Week 1 weigh in, again, and ive lost 6lbs. Im happy enough, nearly a half a stone I suppose although it could have been more. Looking forward to next weeks weigh in already. Thanks for the encouragement folks. Hope you're all doing well. Really cannot wait until I see 11 something. I'm thinking of getting hair extensions as a treat when I get there. Himself hasnt texted so im a wee bit heartbroken but his loss! Ill show him by looking fabulous.

Ava
xxx

good for you! and great going -6 yay xx

Back