2 X MOT

Hmm, but you are a special case surely abz, as you say you are no longer a trainee love.

that seems to make no difference. And i'm lucky really jim. i didn't sign a trainee contract, i signed a permanent contract starting at a trainee salary. which means it's not official. but since they laid off all the trainees at the other office as their 1-year trainee contract finished recently i'd rather be on low pay than have no job...

ah, good point abz, your safer that way love.

more dosh is always nice love, having said that I'm happy here and wouldn't change this job for more, I know what sort of pressures I'd be under. That's the trouble in IT, well in any job I suppose, the more you earn, the more is expected of you. I worked for a company called CSG once abz, they are a big multinational, the CEO there said to me once, "You belong to the Company from 9 O'clock on Monday morning to 5 O'clock Friday night, and if we need you, for the weekend as well"

Oh jim that must have felt awfull, no room for a life!!! My oh had years of stress in his current job because his boss was a bully, he's come in at 10.30 and leave at 3 and no one stood up to him. But anyways Abz your right it's better to have a job alright! Hopefully the pay freeze wont last forever. I know my hubby has another 5% pay cut to come but it could always be worse :)

I did it for the money and the lifestyle Jella, having always worked for corporates since leaving I didn't realise it could be different, now though I have a nice quiet unstressed job, and being IT it's still well paid. LOL

Morning all, good reports on the blood tests! everything optimal and in particular I have a low cholesterol reading so that's fine, and very good liver and kidney function as well. I'm in good shape it seems. :D

excellent news jim :D

now i thought i'd be well paid being in IT too... alas, it is not to be. if i'd gone for this job when i worked here in the office i'd probably be night on 25k now... but i didn't want to work in IT then. I'd just graduated and i was sick of it... so here i am, five years late on a pittance, hee. still. like i said, it's a job. and i don't hate it, which is saying something, ha.

abz xx

I know abz, I suspect *SHE* is disappointed, no life insurance bonus looming. :D

LOL, well maybe abz, *SHE* is always throwing me out of the house complaining I get in her way, that and chasing me round the house with the hoover. Or worse, jobs she want's me to do. :D

Oh aren't you all abz, women are born that way.:)

I was just thinking of how much a chore my annual medical used to be, waiting for the results knowing they would be horrendousand the bollocking from the Dr and Colleen. Seems so long ago now, almost like a nightmare really.

It is a good feeling isn't it Laura. :)

i'm quite surprised that the doc hasn't tried to weigh me for quite some time. used to be that whenever i went for anything they'd make me get on the scales, but they seemed to stop doing that, even when i was much heavier... now i don't expect it, but i used to hate anticipating it!!

abz xx

Same here abz, except they never stopped, what was good was when I started Atkins and he was seeing me monthly, was the look on his face when he saw how much I was losing. :D that and the 3 monthly blood tests and how they were improving as well. I single handedly converted my Dr into an Atkins believer. :)

ha. well done jim. but then i bet you've turned a lot of us on here into atkins believers too :)

how fast did you lose weight at first then jim? i know you slowed it down after a while, but how much were you losing when you continued to do induction?

Well, I don't know how much I lost in the first month abz as I was to heavy for our scales, they only went up to 25 stone. I saw the first flicker at the end of week 4, then week 5 I was 24st 12 lbs I think, I'd have to check my log. I had a couple of weeks with big losses then, 7lb and then 6lb the next week. I slowed down to about 2 or 3lbs most weeks then with the odd 4 - 5lb er for the rest of my 6 month on induction. Once I moved into OWL that was about a lb a week with the odd 2 or 3 lber. It was slow, but I was happy with that, I've always said that slow loss is sustainable loss love.

Morning all, good reports on the blood tests! everything optimal and in particular I have a low cholesterol reading so that's fine, and very good liver and kidney function as well. I'm in good shape it seems. :D

hi Jim,

just wanted to pop in a say good job on your MOT. x

Back