20 lbs in 5 weeks challenge!

Naz1577

Hey everyone,

I have been slacking the last week (even though it was just Week 5) . So I have decided, I am going to challenge myself and try to lose 20 lbs in next 5 weeks, which will also get me to 10 weeks on exante (end of August).
I would try and avoid all social events for the period as much as possible as I have found it to be the hardest to deal with. There are three events I can think of at the moment and maybe excuses like stomach bug etc could get me through them.

All are welcome to join the challenge :) I am looking for support and also ideas to get out of tricky situations. I will in turn provide support back and any tips and ideas that worked for me so far (as I am still fairly new)

So here goes

Starting weight today : 13 st 6 lb
Goal in 5 weeks : 12 st

Wish me luck :)
Naz xxx

Hey Naz
Ill join you in the challenge! :) (what am i letting myself in for) i started Exante yesterday and would appreciate a diet buddy to encourage me, i work well with guilt trips!
I am going away for the weekend in 6 weeks, if i can lose 20ibs in 5 weeks then i would be over the moon!
i keep getting dizzy and need to sit down, i hope it passes i dont want to give up. i have made sure i dont have any social events, if i tell my friends im dieting they will try and convince me to join them and give up the diet so i have said i am either saving or working. Failing that i told them i will meet for drinks (water or sparkling water) instead.
My worst time is when i get bored, i like to eat then and even though im not hungry i can still eat just because i love food.:)
Good luck!! xx

Welcome Gina, I knowwww 20lbs is a reall challenge !! But thats why its a challenge,lets go for itttttt :D If you have just started, you are at an advantage, you are going to make it faster thann me,initial weight loss is alwayssss faster :) Allll the best to us!!

Boredem is also hard for me, but so far as a coping method I have been reading up on all the success stories and diaries and that takes a few hours and by then it time for another pack :) I had a bit of dizziness at the start as well, just drink plenty of water, worked for me. Are you having shakes only or soups and bars as well? xx

you have done brilliant, just had a look i'm well jel! :) i am hoping it will be a motivation for me. I have not told to many people in on exante as i get negative comments about VLCD's but i feel that you should go with whatever diet you like. I am useless with food aswell, i am the worst for portion sizes and so if i remove physical food from the equation i am much better.
I have been having for the last 2 days a shake for breakfast, bar for lunch and porridge for dinner. i like the flavours very much.
what are you having? do you have any secrets or tips on how you did so well already? x

Well Gina,
Exante works whatever combination you do it :) You will have proof when u weigh in :) I had Porridge soup and bar first 2 weeks then switched between shakes and porridge. Now i have stopped soups, just have it when i want something savoury :) . I personally picked up all my tips from the forum ;). Splitting my packs (prevent hunger :), drink loadssss of water, occassionaly make custard with a shake :) you can pick up loadsss of tips on here :) xxxx

I'm in!

Start weight - 187lbs
Goal weight - 167lbs

Start my new job on the 4th September, would be EPIC to start under 12st!
I'm very excited now, yay :)

Last edited:
Hey leaholl, welcome to the challenge. We have exactly the same target! 9 st 7 towards the endof december :) you actually weight a pound less than me nw. Lets challenge each other to goal as well ;) Maybe first get through the 5 weeks challenge :D
All the best to us!!! Xxxx

Hi guys, I'd love to join in!! I've been doing terribly for a few weeks and I finally fell like I'm back on track, so I think a challenge is just what I need! I go on holiday on September 7th so it works out perfectly!!
Emma xx

Bring it n Naz ;) a bit of healthy competition, lol!
Should we make a list and update weekly weigh ins? My WI day s a Thursday, but can change if it suits, or just update as we go along??

Naz - Starting weight today : 13 st 6 lb
Leaholl - starting weight 13st 5lb
Goal in 5 weeks : 11st 13lb

Just add your name and start/goal weight, then I suppose we can weigh in/ edit every 7 days???

Hi, I would love to join you for the next 5 weeks, not sure if I will be quite able to make 20lbs in 5 weeks as body seems to be settling into about a 1/2lb a day loss, which is not quite 20lbs in 5 weeks but hey that's why it is called a challenge!!! Losing 10-15lbs would take me out of obese which would be great:D Good luck to all burgs

just adding my info

Leaholl25;5448715]Naz - Starting weight today : 13 st 6 lb

burgs current weight 205lbs 14st.9lb
goal in 5 weeks 185lbs 13st.3lb:)

Just add your name and start/goal weight, then I suppose we can weigh in/ edit every 7 days???[/QUOTE]

Hi All you can count me in too I've added myself to the 5 week challenge !!

Naz - Starting weight today : 13 st 6 lb Goal in 5 weeks : 12 st
Shazza current weight 11st 8lbs
Goal in 5 weeks 10st 5 lbs

Just add your name and start/goal weight, then I suppose we can weigh in/ edit every 7 days???

Hi Guys, I've added myself on!! I'm up for the challenge!

Xtrem0r (Emma): Current Weight = 14st = 196lb
Goal Weight in 5 Week = 12st 8lb = 176lb

wow loads of competition now, im feeling the pressure! :)

ok added myself to the goal list:
Theonlywayistanned current weight 160lbs 11st 6lbs
Goal in 5 weeks 140lbs 10st

Shazza im close to you so we can spur each other on as well.

I am going to search for tips on her today, Naz how do you make the custard? custard is my all time fav!

Have not been feeling hungry but tomorrow i am going swimming and i worry that might make me feel more hungry or more shattered.

I am looking pretty rough though, people have commented that i look very white and my skin is dry. Is this normal? and will it pass? I am praying for the euphoria and glowing skin I have seen mentioned on other posts
:) oh and skinny body x

Yeah sure theonlywayistanned we can keep each other motivated we are nearly the same weight and ideally I would love to get to 10st but I was trying to play it safe and set my goal weight for this challenge to 10st 5lbs lol. Today's day one for me again as I'm restarting today after a long break, hope I can get though the day without messing up xx

Shazza your going to do brilliant!
I am sacrificing nights out with the girls so I need some new dieting friends :) its great to have someone to do this challenge with
Good idea about setting a slightly smaller goal then when you beat it (which you will) your feel even better!
X

Thanks theonlywayistanned. We can do it together just got to stay strong and focused once I've got through day one then that will be motivation for me to continue.

here is you need anyone to talk to today if you find it hard at any point, i tried and failed a few times before this week, not in the right frame of mind i think.
roll on 5 weeks! x

Thanks I'm here too if you need to chat or need motivation to stay strong WE CAN DO IT!!!!!

Back