2010 Change Rumours?

Lol, naughty naughty ;)

Here you go :D

Asda 55gm wholemeal pitta bread will be a HEB
Fruit flavoured fat-free yoghurts will be ½ syn
Mix2Max will be scrapped (it's very similar to EE anyway)
All foods listed as syn-free will still be unlimited.

Pasta quiches will be synned as it's regarded as tweaking the plan, because some people make one every day and snack on it between meals.

EE is at the front of the new book and will be the plan new members are steered towards but the Original and Green plans will still be there for anyone who prefers them.

The new books will be available to current members for £3 if they want them (there's not a lot of difference but imo it's set out better than the old book).

Misuse/abuse of free food is when a food like couscous is used to make cakes which are 'extra' to a meal. Couscous is meant to be the* basis* of a meal in itself and with added flavourings and vegetables would keep you full for a good while.

The price rise of less than 50p a week is the first rise in almost 3 years. The reason for it is that the venues are getting more expensive, printing costs are rising etc etc. Sadly very few prices stay the same for long these days and SW is still cheaper than the opposition!

Hope this helps.

xxx

Someone mentioned on that Facebook site that they were introducing more free foods too, hope its things like tomato puree etc, gravy granules etc (dare I say it, like at WW). They can really eat into your syns for the day if not careful.

And if you dont have facebook, then shame on you! :p

FB blocked at work! And at home I've got better things to waste my time on :D

"Pasta quiches will be synned as it's regarded as tweaking the plan, because some people make one every day and snack on it between meals"

And these people will likely not lose weight so why should all us sensible SW quiche eaters be punished?! Hey ho, I've been eating them for the past 8 years and I'm not going to stop now ;)

FB blocked at work! And at home I've got better things to waste my time on :D

"Pasta quiches will be synned as it's regarded as tweaking the plan, because some people make one every day and snack on it between meals"

And these people will likely not lose weight so why should all us sensible SW quiche eaters be punished?! Hey ho, I've been eating them for the past 8 years and I'm not going to stop now ;)

Aw, you poor thing, and boo to your employer!

I heard that they were phasing out syn-free foods and startng to cound lower syn items as fractions of syns. Eg Muller 2/5 syn Activia Diet 3/8 or a syn. I think it'll take a day or two for me to get my head back round converting fractions.

Oh - and they're banning clapping at meetings.
About time to I say.

So there will be no free fruit yoghurts :( I don't eat a lot of them but means no more free breakfast rice :(
Yay to pitta breads being free though! :)

Our consultant said tonight that there are no changes at all. The only new thing is the new book, which will have all the plans in it.
She has also not heard about mullerlights being syned.
As far as syn-free foods now being syned in fractions, if it happens it happens but somehow I doubt it.
As far as clapping goes...I am sure you are joking Lucky7? I can take it or leave it but so many people enjoy it and no harm is done.
I think the best thing is to wait and see what transpires in the new year. Rumours have the tendency to grow out of proportion.

As far as clapping goes...I am sure you are joking Lucky7? I can take it or leave it but so many people enjoy it and no harm is done.

Ok - I was joking about the fractions.
:giggle:

BUT - I know people who stopped going to classes because they found the whole applause thing so painful. I suppose SW must have done their research and think it does less harm than good. (I just grimace through it - it'll take more than that to scare me off).
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I agree - just wait and see. I'm sure that SW will try to introduce any changes to old timers gently, and that they're being introduced for our benefit (well, maybe not the new price). Would we prefer them to keep quiet about how we could improve our weight loss? I don't think so.

re the clapping...omg its cringey but me and my distance slimming world buddies love to laugh about it! i love that even if u eat 15 doughnuts a day and put on 5 lbs u still get a clap..for staying to class hahaha gotta love the happy clapping

Just got the new SW mag (January edition) and mullerlights are still syn free!! YAAAAY

I asked my Consultant last night if there were any changes happening to the plan in the New Year but she said other than the new books and the fact we're going digital - no!

x

Back