2012 Is definitely going to be my year...

Well done on 3lbs so far Karen - great start! Just read through your diary and sounds like you're better off without your bf!

Hope you manage to get your toothache sorted quickly :-(

Good luck today, keep us posted on how you're doing!
Lx

Hi Ladies

On day 4 now and 6lb down. It's not been quite as bad as I expected, to be honest but I guess it's still early days. I went to Sainsbury's yesterday and stocked up on some flavoured water, boullion and Dr Pepper Zero and other bits and bobs for the dog and the house so I don't have to go again for quite a while. I was surprised how easy I found it actually, I wasn't tempted at all by anything I saw.

The toothache seems to have disappeared on its own, didn't have it at all yesterday and today is fine too. Very strange. I did, however have the worst headache ever last night and couldn't even face posting on here so just went to bed.

One thing I have noticed is how healthy my tongue looks! Normally, despite brushing it and using a tongue scraper, it always looks kind of yellowy and not very nice. I thought this was because I smoked but I guess it was down to all the crap I was shoving in my mouth as its now pink and looks 'normal'. Not sure if I've gone into ketosis yet or not. I don't feel like I have loads of energy, still feel pretty drained and I'm not sure if I smell (no-ones mentioned it because I've pretty much just shut myself away to get through the first week). I have an interview next week and I keep worrying that I'm going to stink. Must remember to get some breath freshener and those dissolvable strips next time I'm out.

Claire, I hope the birthday plans are coming along well! I got some of that boullion yesterday, it's lush! I'd rather have that than the soups - I've been having to hold my nose to drink them in one go ha ha. I also bought 6 small bottles of water to try and make it easier to keep track of my water intake. Plus one small bottle at a time is easier to deal with than a large 2 litre bottle.

Gill, glad everything is ok with your daughter. How lovely, is that your first grandchild? I'm glad you have an understanding hubby who was able to talk you out of chocolate. Well done on the 4lbs loss, thats fab! Onwards and downwards, eh!

Lucy, you're right, I am so much better off without him. I am doing this for me but I must admit, I hope he sees some pics of me on FB or I bump into him when I'm at my goal! I know how stupid that sounds but I want him to see that he really did throw away the best thing that could happen to him. There's someone out there worthy of my love, regardless of my size, I just need to concentrate on me for a while, I think.

I haven't had a bar or any of my sachets yet today. Might take the pooch for a walk and have a milkshake once I get back. Hope everyone is staying strong - have a great day!

Karen x

2012 said:
Hi Ladies

Lucy, you're right, I am so much better off without him. I am doing this for me but I must admit, I hope he sees some pics of me on FB or I bump into him when I'm at my goal! I know how stupid that sounds but I want him to see that he really did throw away the best thing that could happen to him. There's someone out there worthy of my love, regardless of my size, I just need to concentrate on me for a while, I think.

I haven't had a bar or any of my sachets yet today. Might take the pooch for a walk and have a milkshake once I get back. Hope everyone is staying strong - have a great day!

Karen x

Completely agree that would be great for him to see you once you've reached goal. Show him what he's missing and that you've moved on and you're better without him!

Enjoy the walk. Was considering one myself for the distraction!

Lx

Thanks Lucy. I really can't wait. Mwahaha, here's what you could have had! Sad really that that is one of my motivations for doing this lol.

The walk was freezing. Had a nice cup of bouillon when I got in to warm up :)

Karen x

Hi 2012

No my 4th grandchild, all under 4 my sob has 2 boys my daughter has 1 girl and a little girl on the way! Both say 2 is enough!!
I am off out to lunch today going to try and stick to chicken and veg with no pudding!
Then back on it tomorrow!!
Have a good day
Gill
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Gill

Ah, thats lovely, all under 4, such a lovely age! Enjoy your lunch, oooh what I wouldn't give for a Sunday carvery today... Still early days for me so I've wiped that thought from my mind! I'm not feeling hungry and I feel quite energised today for the first time since I started.

Karen x

Day 5 (100% Completed)

Day 5 almost over and today I feel NORMAL again :) I've been running around like a madwoman all day, cleaning, sorting cupboards, drawers and wardrobes out etc. It's no nice to be through the worst of it and feel human again with some energy.

I am so proud of myself for completing 5 full days so I just wanted to give myself a little pat on the back. Well done me :party0049: I'm trying not to get complacent and still take it one day at a time. At this rate, I see no reason why I can't stick to it so I just need to keep that mentality in my head. Pretty soon it will be a week, then a month etc and my goal will be in the not too distant future.

Whooahh go, Karen, go! I am so impressed with the massive amount of support here, and the help, advice and encouragement we give each other. I think we are a super bunch of determined people - THANK YOU
Julia

Hey Julia

You're right, its so nice to have somewhere to go where other people know EXACTLY how you're feeling and offer words of support and encouragement. We can do this and we will do this :) There's no stopping us now!

Karen x

2012 said:
Hey Julia

You're right, its so nice to have somewhere to go where other people know EXACTLY how you're feeling and offer words of support and encouragement. We can do this and we will do this :) There's no stopping us now!

Karen x

Agreed!
Lx

Hi Karen
Hope you had a good weekend, I am back in the best place this week, everybody is feeling ok, with no problems in the family so to time for me to focus.
Housework today and then rest, and totally focus on exante. :) hopefully good losses this week.

Hope everyone feels the same!!

Gill
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Day 6 completed (100%)

Another day done and dusted and another day closer to the new me!

Broke my blender today whilst trying to crush some ice so had to go and buy another one. Decided to get one that matched the kettle and toaster and its brilliant, it even made my soup taste a bit better this evening... Still vile but a little bit better! I definitely won't be ordering the soups again, I really can't bear them. I'm finding the bars ok if I halve them and have them along with half a milkshake, which I'm actually quite enjoying.

Hope everyone else has had a good day too :D

Hi Karen, how are things. Been off mm for a few days as too busy sorting out DSs birthday party (no.1 of 2). He had a great time and i only ate a few prawns and some chicken and the minutest slice of cake. DH was not as good and put on 3lbs overnight!!!!

I see you are still not liking the soups, I prefer them to the shakes although it did take me a while to get used to them. I tried the porridge yesterday. Didnt want to buy a whole box in case I didn't like them so bought just 1 sachet off that well known selling website. It wa really tasty although very very runny. Made it up the right amount of water but still very thin. Anyway I liked it so much that I ordered a box of 50 and a bumper pack of soups and bars. I'm hoping they will arrive today but can't check my emails as I can't access them for some reason. Have enough to last another 2 days so will be ok plus I have loads of shakes.

Off to wrap a few more presents as its DSs birthday today so will give him his presents this evening.

Bye for now

Claire x

Back