2015 and It's Now or Never!

Tuesday 8th December 2015

Finished the Christmas cake..

• Hope they like it.

MOT was much less than I expected.. I was gearing myself up for a hefty £100 or more.. £48.57! Yay!

Food been excellent.. very pleased that I'm now finding it a lot less challenging to sort out a low carb day.

Breakfast - Petit Filous Fromage Frais 1 pot
    Lunch - Cheese 30g + Apple small 1
    Snack - Brazil Nuts 40g + Nescafe Coffee 2g + Cream 20ml
    Dinner - Chicken breast 100g + Salad + S.Cream 30g
    Supper - Petit Filous Fromage Frais 1 pot
    Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1046 Carbs 48 SatFat 26 Protein 51 Sodium 714 Fibre 8

Last edited:
Wednesday 9th December 2015

Feeling I'm beating all the blues and the aches and pains.. and really looking forward to my cruise without all the usual fretting about things as one often does when travelling alone. I've done this trip enough times now to know all the pros and cons.

Went out and had a very enjoyable drive to the Tescos the other side of the city.. sunny and quite mild weather making it a lovely day. Bought some silver balls to put more decoration on the Christmas cake as I think it looks a bit plain. I had planned to stop for a Cost coffee and flapjack but decided not to.. mainly as I just couldn't be bothered at the time. Got home and made a nice coffee with a biscuit to take my tabs.

Printed off some pictures of holly and berries to put on the cake box.. Making a big effort this year as it'll be the last time I shall do it. My donation to this venue is because Sandra who runs it was always such a lovely person and bent over backwards to assist everyone as much as she possibly could and this is just to show her my appreciation of those times.

Food is very good once again.. another sleepless night and I eventually slept from about 6am until 11.30 so had no breakfast.

Breakfast - NIL

Lunch - Brazil Nuts 40g

Snack - Digestive Biscuit 1 + Nescafe 2g + Cream 20ml

Dinner - Jacket Potato 190g + Cheese 50g + Salad + S.Cream 20g

Supper - Petit Filos Fromage Frais 1 pot

Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1088 Carbs 77 SatFat 28 Protein 38 Sodium 761 Fibre 7

Last edited:
Cake looks lovely!......I do love Xmas cake
The C&W....do you do line dancing or something ?:)

Used to do loads of line dancing.. 3 to 4 nights a week plus w/e's and there's lots of festivals that are held thro'out the year most lasting 3-4 days where they have bands and dancing from about 2pm until midnight every day.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to do any for quite a few years now and I miss it tremendously! :(.. and dare I say it .. I was always complemented on my dancing ability too.
Can't bear to go and just listen to the music now as I tend to get very depressed and that's something I have to be very diligent about avoiding and not going down that path.

http://www.brean.com/country/festivals.html

(Just one of many festivals)

Awww , sorry to hear you can't do the dancing no more xx
Surely it would be good to still go along and enjoy the rest though? I know it must be depressing but maybe find another way of enjoying it all?
Just looked at the site, it looks Awesome!
didn't know that all went on, would love to go to a festival myself some when

Thursday 10th December 2015

Sleepless night again..
angry.png
.. did go to bed a couple of times but there's no point in staying there and tossing and turning as it just ends up with making my back very painful. Eventually went to bed and slept at 7.30 this morning and was woken up by someone hammering on my door at 9am .. I know it says "Knock Loudly" but that was something else!! Note from my neighbour to say that they had come to renew the insulation in the loft and wanted the key..!?! As if I would have that?!

Took me a while to get moving properly but glad that eventually I was able to make a chicken stew from the roast the other day. Turned out to be very delicious and I did put a couple of very small dumplings in it which makes my carbs somewhat high today.. well worth it says me!
grin.png

Breakfast - Banana small 1
Lunch - Brazil Nuts 20g
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Chicken Stew + Dumplings v.small 2
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1021 Carbs 105 SatFat 12 Protein 43 Sodium 656 Fibre 10

Last edited:
Saturday 12th December 2015

Another rather sleepless night but I don't worry about it.. I usually get up and do something until I'm feeling very sleepy which was about 4am again. Slept soundly so that was good.. and woke up in time to hear my C&W music on the radio which was very good too.

I've been chasing Costa Café for a reply about why there had been large deductions of my points from my card. Started sometime back at the end of August and sent numerous emails and finally a letter to Whitbreads on the 9th Nov. Phone call today to ask me more about it and I was refunded points which now makes my total 950 plus I now have a direct email link in order to report immediately if this happens again. I have just noted that whilst he said he was going to refund ALL the points (620 + 770) obviously he has not but at least I have some of them back. Just shows it pays to keep on it.

I had terrible pains in my stomach again this morning.. or to be exact in my colon .. which is perhaps due to not being used to all these "healthy" foods.. so I've had a sort of an "invalid" breakfast of bread and milk with a little bit of sugar added.. much better now but I was quite worried at the time.

I watched Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas and then Toy Story this afternoon.. my kind' a films.

Now going to take the Christmas cake to the Stallion.. I did finish it off with just one edging of silver balls which look very nice. Did intend to make a nice pattern with them but they were so hard to push into the icing. Most probably would have been better to have put them on in the early stages as the icing has dried out now.

Breakfast - Bread 31g + Milk 200ml + Sugar 6g
Lunch - Chicken & Veg. Cup.a.soup + Bread 31g + Butter 6g + Nescafe 2g + Cream 20ml
Dinner - Bacon grilled 58g + Eggs fried 2
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 892 Carbs 74 SatFat 20 Protein 46 Sodium 1652 Fibre 6

Last edited:
Sunday 13th December 2015

If this is what they call ketosis breath it's awful!.. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near me and I can smell it myself! .. worse than a sewer!!
squint.png

On a nicer subject.. just had a phone call from my D to tell me I have another great grandson.. Joshua.. that makes 7 altogether. Had a nice chat with her and a good laugh.. to think she will be 59 this year.. and she's still my little girl..
grin.png

Decided to put my cals back to 1200 for a few days more to do with the fact that I keep having such awful pains in my stomach.. I usually have trouble going to the loo but this last week it's been near enough diarrhoea which is not good and I am also concerned that it may have more to do with this bad breath too.

Breakfast - Petit Filous Fromage Frais 1 pot
Lunch - Bread 2 slices + Butter 6gx2 + Bacon 58g + Sauce 6g
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Chicken Stew + Dumplings 2 small
Supper - Petit Filou Fromage Frais 1 pot
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1159 Carbs 108 SatFat 18 Protein 57 Sodium 1620 Fibre 10

www.thisamazedme.com/kenny-christmas-song/

Last edited:
Trebor extra strong mints for the breath ? :D
Awww that's sweet about your daughter still being your little girl at that age :)

There could well be a link with the breath and toilet issues.... have you seen a doctor?

I always keep Extra Strong Trebor mints for those occasions.. hate to be without them.
Had thought about going to the docs but you know what it's like trying to get an appointment these days..!!

Thankfully it's quite a bit better this morning having gone back to the 1200 cals and eating bread and the like.
Unfortunately.. it means I have put on 3lb!! .. so I'm now back to 197.4lbs (14st1.4lbs)

Bashing my head against a brick wall here!

Sent complaint to Tesco bank as I always use my Tesco CC to pay for my groceries as they are supposed to give extra points for this but I note once again that they have not. Telephoned me today to explain that I apparently have the wrong type of credit card to which I replied that was a load of codswallop! He then proceeded to double up my points on my last statement and put me thro' to apply for the "correct" card.. They don't half come out with a load of crap sometimes!!

Further update on my Costa points.. I obviously misheard what he said as the whole lot was refunded to me and I now have 1950 to spend. would have stopped for a coffee this afternoon but the queue was too long.

Went to Morrisons for lunch and had gammon and pineapple with peas and chips.. very scrumptious!

Bought a card for my grt grandson's arrival then remembered that it had to have a different type of stamp on it being as it was a large card which meant I then had an extra trip to the P.O... 63p yikes!

Another message to Morrisons will be going shortly.. Whilst waiting to order my food I could see a young lady making up a dish of icecream by using a scoop to get it from the container but then pushing it off the scoop with her finger..NOT good! It's very true that if we could see all of what goes on it wouldn't always be good but when I see flagrant disregard for hygienic practices I wont stand for it.

One other thing which has happened due to the new doors that have been put on the building which are a lot more accommodating but now there is a blast of cold air into the café and it was very noticeable that the majority of people were sitting with their coats on. Definitely has lost the warm comfy ambience it had.

Back to the dieting scene.. I must reign in my munching into everything going at the mo'.. just will not do!!

You will get that 3 lbs back of soon, don't worry:).....our bodies are very strange sometimes:D
That's a rip-off I think for ''large letters'' with the royal mail me thinks ...
Sounds like you've been on a mission though with sorting things/people out! :D

Back