2015 and It's Now or Never!

That is so nice - it is lovely to find people to chat to isn't it? I always talk to people in queue's etc (sometimes not to J's amusement) :) You find out such a lot about people.

We were in Marks last weekend and the young lady (slim, young and very pretty) in front of us at the food check out had multiple bottles of fizz, multiple boxes of chocolates and multiple other valentine related items. So I said (to J) "well either this young lady has multiple boyfriends or she is hell bent on getting fat" ! She laughed, said she wished, and started to tell us all about her job in the wedding department of a department store and how she was responsible for putting on the Valentines display. She was so pleased with herself and so proud to be in charge. Passed the wait to get checked out nicely :)

Well done! Not only for your recent loss but also that you maintained (the bit that I always fail at) ;-) xxxxxx

Monday 17th February 2014

Phone call early this morning and I am going back into hospital tomorrow morning for the op. Seems such a waste of time sending me home for just one day..ah well... ours not to reason why!!

Annoying to be in and out and back in again so soon Em, but at least it means you will get it over and done with reasonably quickly and can then get back to 'normal.' Will think of you tomorrow. xxx

Annoying to be in and out and back in again so soon Em, but at least it means you will get it over and done with reasonably quickly and can then get back to 'normal.' Will think of you tomorrow. xxx

Thanks MW.. yes it will be good to get it over and done with and at least this time I can be prepared!

Tuesday 18th February 2014

After struggling to arrive at the hospital by 10am I then had to sit in the waiting room and several more people arrived at 11am and more at 11.30...about 14 of us squashed into a tiny room that was designed for about 8. Gradually each of them were sent off to various places until it was just me again where I waited until about 3.30pm and was then taken to the cardio suite.. (AKA the op room area)... sat on a bed for 10mins when the surgeon came to see me...He asked whether I was feeling okay?.. yes, fine... and then.. well, I don't think we need to do anything else as long as your okay!!! ..and with that I was sent home...!!!! :confused: .. :mad:
At least I didn't have to go thro' any more pulling about and I know they are hard pushed with all the work load they have but ... :argh:

All's well that ends well.. :happy036:

What a waste of a day - poor you! As you say all well that ends well :) Hope you have a good day tomorrow!

How frustrating Emm. Good to be back in your own home, but what a waste of the day for you.

Thanks Caroline and MW.

Wednesday 19th February 2014

Had a very good sleep eventually last night but felt really tired all today... I guess it will take a few days to get back to normal..(if I ever had a normal.. :D
)!

Phone call from my friend Jo who now lives Bury St Edmunds way and she will be coming in to Norwich tomorrow so she's coming to visit me. Don't usually like to have visitors before 12 but under the circumstances I shall try to stir myself as she should be here about 11am. Look forward to having a good ole natter.

Quite a muddled up day with lunch being the first meal and had 12 chunks of chocolate this afternoon too.. yummy! So totals now stand at: Cals 1284 Carbs 110

Morning Emm - cannot believe they let you sit there for all these hours. You are obviously a patient person - I would have been going nuts :)

Glad everything is OK without you having any further treatment though.

Hope you enjoy your visit with your friend.

Thursday 20th February 2014

Had a lovely time with my friend today and talked the hind legs off a donkey.. in fact most probably several donkeys! Not done much else apart from making a cauliflower cheese this evening. Made a lovely rue and then forgot to stir in the cheese and as I had already spread it over the cauliflower I just sprinkled the lot over the top. Came out nice anyway.

Cals 1397 Carbs 157..Not correct as ate 1/2 the cauliflower cheese dish.. should be Cals 1457 Carbs 171

Last edited:
Friday 21st February 2014

Lovely sunny day and quite mild too.
Went out to lunch at my usual haunt and had roast chicken etc.
Tesco before coming home and all went well despite my being a bit apprehensive being my first trip out since the op.
Got home and had a nap which turned out to be a really deep sleep for about 4 hours and now my op site feels less sore and so much better which is such a relief.

Bit of confusion with my hospital appointments.. I had one for March 17th at 12pm for a heart scan and I phoned to request a later one which would suit me better. She changed it to March 25th at 2pm and said a letter would follow. Then I received another letter for a pacemaker check up for March 25th at 4pm! On phoning to check this all out I was passed from one to the other with some very stern words from the cardio dept saying that I must NOT miss my check up... and the two things are completely separate items. So now I have to phone on Monday to speak to the "Scan" dept for an update... :sigh:

Not a good day diet-wise as altho' I had intended to get a bar of chocolate I must admit... there was a sample of crisps in store which I had and so I bought a pack of those .. 190g.. and ate most of them.

Totals so far: Cals 1263 Carbs 121

Last edited:
Morning Emm

What a carry on with the hospital - you'd think they would be more helpful - hope you get it sorted on Monday.

Have a good weekend

Back