2015 and It's Now or Never!

Friday 12th April 2013

After having had that lovely surprise this morning things went downhill somewhat!
I just felt really blah! and actually went back to bed for an hour or so. Feeling slightly better I had a nice hot shower and debated as to whether to go out today and then looking out of the window saw it was raining and decided to stay in.

Apart from tidying round the place I havn't done much else!
Went online to set up a payment with my bank but just couldn't find the account I wanted. Presuming this had been deleted from my account page I rang Barclays twice..first time they couldn't hear me and second time they kept me hanging on for ages! Then managed to get thro' to what seemed like a local branch and was told allsorts of things which turned out to be a load of bunkem as I went back online and noticed I wasn't filling in the details properly!! .. :sign0007:
I guess that will cost me a pretty penny or two.. :rolleyes:

Diet went well again today. Really didn't feel at all hungry this evening but made myself have a proper meal.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Milk 120ml
Lunch - Bacon 100g + Egg poached 1
Snack - Grapes 23
Dinner - Salmon 125g + Br.Sprouts 6 + Carrot 90g
Supper - Banana + Jelly (sugar free)23g
Extra - Milk 120ml

Calories 991 Carbs 81 Fat 42 Protein 62 Sugar 41 Fibre 14

Last edited:
Morning Emm - well done on the 1lb

I know what you mean about banks - I am not sure what they think they are playing at. J moved our joint account to get a better deal, and we haven't been able to get money out of it for 6 weeks with one problem or another. Just as well it's not all we've got (or I'd be really thin :)

Hope you have a good weekend.

Nelli

Saturday 13th April 2013

Such a lovely day and quite mild for a change.. woke up just in time to listen to my C&W music.. heard about 2 songs and the next thing Gardening Time is on radio! .. :confused: and that's at 12o'clock!..and it wasn't as if I had a bad night either!!

Out to lunch at Morrisons and had my usual which was very delicous.. and then went across the road to the Hobby Craft shop to get some paint to do my little duck ornaments beaks. On to Tesco for a few things and bought a chicken which had been reduced from about £11 to half price... flippin' heavy to carry but couldn't let that go. Scooter I was using at the store broke down so had to call for help and a young assistant carried my bag out to the car for me..bless!
Home about 4.30pm and promptly fell asleep again... :eek: ... what am I like!?!

Diet still on track.
Breakfast (about 3am) Corn Cakes 3 + Butter + Ham 50g
Lunch - Morrisons Roast Chicken with Peas, Carrot, Mash & Stuffing ball
Snack - Schweppes Lemonade 150ml
Supper - Crackerbread 2 + Butter + Cheese 50g + Pickle 20g
Extras - Milk 180ml

Calories 1007 Carbs 66 Fat 44 Protein 77 Sugars 21 Fibre 4

Overheard in Tesco a little boy asking his dad where milk comes from.. Dad says "Well, you have to milk a cow" Little boy.. "No, I don't mean that sort, I mean the sort where you don't have to milk a cow."

Last edited:
Sunday 14th April 2013

Such a beautiful day..seemed a shame to be staying indoors. Lots of folk walking past and on the park as well.

Just did the usual sorting and tidying and printed off some good low carb recipes.

All going very well...

Breakfast - Nil
Lunch - Bread 1slice + Cheese 35g
Snack - Tesco Milk choc caramel wafer
Dinner - Salmon poached 125g + R.Beans 100g + Carrot 55g + Th.Island Dressing 20ml
Supper - Tangerine + Yogurt 75g
Extra - Milk 180ml

Calories 998 Carbs 74 Fat 52 Sugars 48 Protein 53 Fibre 8

Last edited:
Monday 15th April 2013

A very bad night followed by a very bad day!
Just managed to get to my appointment to have my nails done ... and a great job she did too... but had a bad headache all day and had to go to bed when I got home.
Eaten a lot of rubbish which I am not going to bother to record ..suffice to say that it comes to somewhere in the region of 2000 calories and 200 carbs!

Ah well... another day tomorrow... :D

Poor you Emmaline. Tomorrow will be a better day hopefully. I hope your headache is easing a bit.

Thanks.. and feeling very much better today.

Tuesday 16th April2013

Had a funny sort of night. Still felt a bit queezy but kept getting very hot and just couldn't cool down. So I got up about 3am and came online and doodled about and then went back to bed about 5am. Slept soundly till 11. Got up but didn't fancy anything so I waited until 12 and had lunch before going out for my massage.
Then went to Tesco and they still have two of their mobility scooters out of action and that's for almost a month now... letter of complaint being sent forwith! :D
Intended to have 5 ounces of chicken for my evening meal but could only eat 4 at a push!

Breakfast - NIL
Lunch - Bread + Eggs scrambled 2
Snack - Brazil Nuts 75g
Dinner - Chicken 4oz + Stuffing Ball 65g + Salad + S.Cream 30g
Supper - Banana + Yogurt 100g + Jelly sugar free
Extra - Milk 180ml

Calories 1508 (135 Ex) Carbs 76 Fat 97 Protein 73 Sugar 41 Fibre 10

Last edited:
Hope you're feeling better soon. Thanks for sharing your diary

Thanks for the visit Tara.

Hope you get more sleep tonight :)

Thanks Caroline much better sleep.

Thursday 18th April 2013

Yesterday I got a very bad pain in the back of my head which throbbed like mad. I put my TENS machine on my neck in the hope that it would help but it didn't at all. This has been coming on over the last week or so but was never as bad. I got quite worried about it so took myself off to the A&E about 7.30 last night. Thankfully I didn't have to wait long before I was seen. The doc assured me there was nothing major wrong and I must admit when I got home I began to feel a bit better.
Also, I had telephoned the surgery in the morning about my painful shoulder and am delighted that the doc there has made an appointment for me to have a steroid injection to help at the end of this month.
Today has been a great deal better altho' the pain in my head is still there it isn't anywhere near as bad.

The chicken that I bought at half price the other day I had left in the oven for far too long after it was cooked. I was prepared to make a chicken stew but it just didn't smell right so I wasn't going to take any chances and the lot went in the bin... don't want another upset stomach!!
Apart from that my diet has been fairly good but no low carbing.

Breakfast - Banana + Digestive Biscuits 2 .. :rolleyes:
Lunch - Bread 1 slice + Cheese 65g
Snack - Blueberries 150g + Tangerines 3
Dinner - Bread 1 slice + Ham 50g + Cottage Cheese 50g
Supper - Pineapple 75g + Jelly sugar free
Extra - Milk (skimmed powder 28.5g)

Cals 1068 Carbs 142 Fat 34 Protein 55 Sugars 73 Fibre 18

Hi Emmaline!
Here I am, as I promised!!
I had a similar sounding steroid injection in my wrist a few years ago! I'm afraid to tell you it didn't work, it never got sorted and is still dodgy now :( Hope your's works for you though, could be a completely different thing for all I know, I'm definitely no doctor!!
Glad to hear there is nothing wrong with your head and hope it all clears up soon for you :)
xx

I'm glad you started to feel better. I hope the steroid injection works. Well done for being so good on your diet. Are you still going to continue trying the low carb or are you going to stick to low cal? What site do you use to get your nutritional information? I generally use My Fitness Pal, but I don't think it is all that accurate. Have a great sleep tonight and a good day tomorrow :).

Hi Emmaline!
Here I am, as I promised!!
I had a similar sounding steroid injection in my wrist a few years ago! I'm afraid to tell you it didn't work, it never got sorted and is still dodgy now :( Hope your's works for you though, could be a completely different thing for all I know, I'm definitely no doctor!!
Glad to hear there is nothing wrong with your head and hope it all clears up soon for you :)
xx

Hi there Emssiiee, shame about your injection not working. I did have my right shoulder done about 2-3 yrs ago now and it worked okay.
Head is much better .. altho' there may be those that would not agree!.. :giggle:

I'm glad you started to feel better. I hope the steroid injection works. Well done for being so good on your diet. Are you still going to continue trying the low carb or are you going to stick to low cal? What site do you use to get your nutritional information? I generally use My Fitness Pal, but I don't think it is all that accurate. Have a great sleep tonight and a good day tomorrow :).

Feeling much better this evening thanks Caroline.
Am going to continue with the low carbs for the time being altho' I haven't succeeded in that today... have kept to a good calorie count tho' so am pleased with that.
I use MFP and if I don't agree with the nutrition data I enter it myself after Googling the product for the facts. I find Tesco does a very good information on most things. I also enter my own recipes on there which gives the cals etc. per portion. It does take time..which I have plenty.. but I expect someone like yourself would find it very laborious having lots of other demands to your day.

Hope you have a good night too!

Friday 19th April 2013

Had a good night and got up fairly early.
Swimming this afternoon which I enjoyed very much and kept a steady pace for half an hour. Followed by the usual jaccuzi and steam and had a couple of nice chats too so all went great... and lovely sunny and warm day too.

Determined not to sit and go to sleep when I got home so immediately had a shower and then made a cauliflower cheese for evening meal. Tasted very nice but the sauce was a bit thin. Think that may be because I had to use reconstituted powdered milk.

Haven't kept to a low carbs today altho' cals are good as nothing added for the swimming exercise.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Milk (from Extras) + Honey 1 Tblspn
Lunch - Bacon 50g + Eggs hard boiled 2
Snack - Digestive Biscuit 1
Dinner - Cauliflower Cheese + Peas 75g + Ham 75g
Supper - Didn't have any.
Extra - Milk powder 28.5g

Counts adjusted:

Cals 1099 Carbs 93 Fat 45 Protein 67 Sugars 43 Fibre 9

Last edited:
Back