2015 and It's Now or Never!

Morning Emm

Just back and catching up with diaries. Hope you are still improving and feeling better now that we've finally got some sunshine.

Have a good weekend
X

Saturday 20th April 2013

Up early today.. about 7 which is very unusual for me..and not much of aches and pains either.
Got busy and did lots of odds and ends like measuring up for bedroom curtains and bedspread that I want to have made to match. Also the measurements of my hallway picture which I want to get a new frame for. Changed my bed linen so I could get the washed ones ready for my home help to iron as she will be coming tomorrow instead of Wednesday.
Diet-wise I was doing really well until this afternoon when I got very hungry and not having much in that is low carb I weakened and went completely off track... Grrrr!
Not going to bother to calculate anything as it will be waayy over the top and most prob will have put on a pound or two by Monday.. :d'oh:

Hi Emm

You have been busy - I wish I could get the energy to move myself. We did go to B&Q this morning, J is sheeting the landing floor after the repairs but has decided he needs to stop and watch football grrrrrr

I have washed my stuff from last week and need to iron for next week grrr again :)

Hope the diet is going better today

Nelli

Hi Emm

You have been busy - I wish I could get the energy to move myself. We did go to B&Q this morning, J is sheeting the landing floor after the repairs but has decided he needs to stop and watch football grrrrrr

I have washed my stuff from last week and need to iron for next week grrr again :)

Hope the diet is going better today

Nelli

By the sound of it Nelli you've been doing lots of things with all that work going on in your house. I expect you will be glad when it's all finished,

Good that you are not in so much pain - long may that last! Fingers crossed you get away with the blip and don't put on at weigh-in.

Thanks for that Caroline... pains are not too bad today.

Sunday 21st April 2013

Quite honestly I decided that I was going to have a day off!! Just need to get my head sorted and have time where I am not obsessed with carbs or calorie counting. Went out to lunch at Morrisons and altho' I haven't gone completely overboard I have had a piece of chocolate and a cream cake and am happy with that. I am prepared for my WI to show an increase but will get back to calorie counting seriously come the morning albeit a pound or two heavier!!

Well done for being brave and doing the WI! 3 lbs might seem like a lot now but in the big scheme of things it is a little blip - you may get a larger loss than average next week as a result and being well on the way to it being ancient history.

Mmm, fruit cake sounds good! Is it a healthy good one or were you naughty?! If its a good one can I have the recipe pretty please? :)
I'm avoiding weigh in for a few days at the moment after the weekend I've had! Definitely not good!!
xx

I am always impressed by your 'Keep calm and carry on' attitude. I think that as you have been low carbing a lot of the gain will be water weight. If so it will come off quickly if you get right back on it. Fingers crossed. :)

Well done for being brave and doing the WI! 3 lbs might seem like a lot now but in the big scheme of things it is a little blip - you may get a larger loss than average next week as a result and being well on the way to it being ancient history.

Thanks Zeke and I do hope you are right. Am keeping my fingers crossed.. :fingerscrossed:

Mmm, fruit cake sounds good! Is it a healthy good one or were you naughty?! If its a good one can I have the recipe pretty please? :)
I'm avoiding weigh in for a few days at the moment after the weekend I've had! Definitely not good!!
xx

Not fruit cake it was a yummy cream cake... apple puff with cream in it to be precise. Glad you had a good w/e but it's now time to get back to it! .. :girlpower:

I am always impressed by your 'Keep calm and carry on' attitude. I think that as you have been low carbing a lot of the gain will be water weight. If so it will come off quickly if you get right back on it. Fingers crossed. :)

Thanks Caroline.. I do hope that it is water weight but will press on regardless anyway.. :D

Monday contd:

Due to my excesses yesterday in particular I have been suffering with acid reflux all day despite taking my remedy of bicarb which has only barely relieved it for an hour or so. Have kept to my diet altho' the carbs are not as low. Will work on that in the next few days.
I have been trying to use up the stuff in my freezer without buying anything else in but it comes to the point where it is getting rather tedious as the choices are getting very limited.
My home help came today as she is off to somewhere very hot on Wednesday..(forgotten already!.. :rolleyes: ) One of my highlights of the week when everything is lovely and sparkling clean.
Am planning on doing some sewing on my machine this week and use up some of the materials I have stored to make some cushions and give them to a charity shop. .. and while I am doing.. I may well make my own bedspread and curtains to match for the bedroom.

Menu today:
Breakfast - Bread 1sl + Pate 30g
Lunch - Bread 1sl + Butter 10g + Eggs poached 2
Snack - Bread 1sl + Butter 10g
Dinner - Meat Balls 2 + Cabbage 100g + Carrot 75g
Supper - Pineapple slices 75g + Creme Fraiche 50g
Extra - Milk 180ml
Tonic Water 250ml

Cals 1139 Carbs 100 Fat 55 Protein 51 Sugars 47 Fibre 14

Last edited:
Tuesday 23rd April 2013

Enjoyed my swimming etc. today and it's been an absolutely beautiful sunny day to boot!
Still suffering with the acid reflux and have been trying to avoid foods that will aggravate it. So far have had 1047 calories and am going to leave it at that with just fluids for the rest of the evening.

Loved watching "The Great British Sewing Bee" and was very pleased that Ann won.

Updating Info

Breakfast - Bread 1sl + Butter + Marmalade
Lunch - Ham & Cheese Omelette (Ham 1oz + Cheese 1oz + Eggs 2) + veg Oil 1tablspn
Snack - Brazil Nuts 55g + Tonic Water 250ml
Supper - Raspberries 150g + Creme Fraiche 50g
Extra - Milk 180ml

Cals 1209 Carbs 66 Fat 87 Protein 45 Sugars 40 Fibre 15

Last edited:
Been such a nice day hasn't it! Hope the weather stays like this for a while!

Waaa, I was planning on watching Great British Sewing Bee on catch up tomorrow, now I know who won already!! Nevermind!!
x

Been such a nice day hasn't it! Hope the weather stays like this for a while!

Waaa, I was planning on watching Great British Sewing Bee on catch up tomorrow, now I know who won already!! Nevermind!!
x

Oops! Sorry...shame I gave it away... :D .. but at least you will enjoy seeing their creations.

Low on the carbs yesterday - well done. I hope your acid reflux is gone. I suffer from that too. Not so much when I'm being good, but cider, wine, chocolate - killers. You'd think that would be enough to stop me. Thank heavens for omeprazole :)

Low on the carbs yesterday - well done. I hope your acid reflux is gone. I suffer from that too. Not so much when I'm being good, but cider, wine, chocolate - killers. You'd think that would be enough to stop me. Thank heavens for omeprazole :)

Was doing very well with the reflux biz until I decided to eat a bit of chocolate this morning!! As you say.. you would think it would stop us from being so stupid but having a sweet tooth is so frustrating!

Wednesday 24th April 2013

Back pain was an absolute B****r today!! Got up and took tablets after my breakfast and was sitting watching TV (11ish) and thought to myself..I'll just watch the rest of this and then get dressed...Next thing I know it's 1.45 and my appointment for massage was at 2pm! Phoned the lady and told her I was running late and managed to get there at 2.15... much to my amazement. Don't know how I managed that as I certainly didn't speed in the car and it's about 5 miles away. :confused:

Did think about stopping somewhere for a bit of lunch afterwards but couldn't find anywhere convenient so home and after having a very late lunch went to bed.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1 tablspn
Lunch - Bread 1 slice + Cheese 30g
Snack - Grapes 25 + Chocolate 5chunks
Dinner - Brazil Nuts 50g + Chai Tea

Cals 1024 Carbs 83 Fat 61 Protein 30 Sugar 50 Fibre 10

Apologies for not visiting anyone's diary but will catch up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hi Emm

Just catching up with diaries after my latest trip away. It's great that it is so much lighter in the mornings and at night - I get a chance to do a bit of site seeing before and after work while in the winter I often go to places and never get to see any more than our clients offices and / or training rooms.

Well done on the 2lb off - hope it's made you feel better.

Nelli

Back