2015 and It's Now or Never!

I hadn't realised that your son suffered from depression, it must be very difficult for him. I know depression can be very debilitating, I have a close friend who suffers from it. She seems to be managing it ok at the moment with her medication controlling it quite well, but I know it is hard for her to undertake some activities that some people would just take for granted. It must be a great comfort to you knowing that his wife is there for him.

This sort of thing runs in our family. My mother was hospitalised on quite a few occasions when we were little and I have suffered for years too. I have reached the stage where I can recognise the trigger points and manage things much better now. Having a lot of pain last year did tend to send me a bit haywire but depression is something that is always there..rather like being an alcoholic. However, I do think that my son has been affected very badly by his fathers treatment of him when he was little as he made it quite clear that he never wanted a son!! He has numerous tablets to take and sometimes sounds like he is drunk because of them. At times when he is beginning to go on a downer he can become very aggressive and shouts and demands things... I often think his wife is a saint to be able to put up with it.
My youngest D has a son who is almost in the same situation too... and that's something that at one time would never be spoken about and still holds some antipathy (if that's the right word!?!)

Well done for getting your depression under a degree of control. It seems to be a condition many people misunderstand. I suppose it doesn't help that the word depression is bandied about with such disparities as to what people mean by it. Everyone has felt a bit down and talk about feeling depressed, not everyone realises that true depression is as far removed from that as a broken leg is from a scratch that requires a sticking plaster.

Well done for getting your depression under a degree of control. It seems to be a condition many people misunderstand. I suppose it doesn't help that the word depression is bandied about with such disparities as to what people mean by it. Everyone has felt a bit down and talk about feeling depressed, not everyone realises that true depression is as far removed from that as a broken leg is from a scratch that requires a sticking plaster.

Touche'!

The word I was actually trying to remember was "stigma"

Sunday 7th April 2013

Had a good day and kept my carbs fairly low..at least low for me.
Couldn't do a much lower carb diet it would send me really bonkers!

Was very annoyed when I put the TV on and as it automatically went to BBC1 and "Songs of Praise" I was devastated to find that I had missed the young choir of the year contest...Why they had put it under that heading has me baffled and especially as not being one who watches Songs of Praise. In fact I was soo disappointed that I promptly burst into tears and sobbed for at least a couple of minutes! Made me realise that I am on the cusp of a downer so turned over to "Dave" and watched "Have I Got News for You" which is always a good laugh.... but that's depression for you!

Otherwise been a sort bumbling type day and not done anything much apart from looking up recipes to print off for my recipe folder.

Calories 990 Carbs 91 Fat 36

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a good diet day. I finished off my cupboards and hung some pictures on the new wall. Still haven't decided on a colour for it, but need to get that done soon. When J finishes the floorboards, we need to decorate part of our bedroom, the upstairs sitting room (painting only) and the hall which is huge. Then we will be FINISHED !!! Yay.

I cleaned the upstairs sitting room to within an inch of it's life - the dust was awful (curtesy of the tree's at the front). Apart from that (and my diet dilemma) nothing much happening. I am taking myself to bed early with my book.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend.

Nelli X

Sunday 7th April 2013

Had a good day and kept my carbs fairly low..at least low for me.

Calories 990 Carbs 91 Fat 36

Correction on counts as supper wasn't eaten.

Calories 929 Carbs 88 Fat 36

.........................................................................................

Monday 8th April 2013

WI today STS.... It's one of those odd days when I feel really slim. Will enjoy that for now... :D

You certainly had a low carb and low cal day.Reduce carbs by 28 more and you'd be on a ketodiet! Enjoy feeling slim, I'm sure you look really good :)

You certainly had a low carb and low cal day.Reduce carbs by 28 more and you'd be on a ketodiet! Enjoy feeling slim, I'm sure you look really good :)

Interesting! I have no idea what a ketodiet is.. will look into that.

Monday continued....

Phoned surgery to find out when my presription would be delivered. They said that only one of eight items had been passed to chemist for delivery but the other script would be waiting for the doc to sign. Said I would call in for it this afternoon but about five mins later man delivers all but one of prescription!! Honestly..the amount of times I have had wrong info from them is unbelievable!
Decided to go out and have a snack at Morrisons as breakfast was very late but first took some items to the dump. Forgot that one of the roads was blocked off with road construction taking place so ended up going quite a long way round to get there.
Then to Morrisons and had a cheese omelette but forgot to order just a childs portion which is plenty for a snack...But it was really horrible, no taste and I'm sure they are made from dried egg. Wish I had plucked up courage to complain about it. :yuk:..Ah well!
Tescos next for a few vegies and did buy a pack of choc wafers and only ate one just to get rid of horrible taste in my mouth. Quite determined not to eat the lot as per!
Now have bad acid reflux which I haven't suffered with for years.

Good count anyway despite everything.

(Calories 1185 Carbs 90 Fat 65) No supper again- Correction Cals 1064 Carbs 74 Fat 59

Last edited:
Tuesday 9th April 2013

Swimming today and did a full 30mins continuous widths.. not sure whether that has had a rather disatrous affect on my back but tomorrow will show.. :rolleyes:
Followed by jacuzzi and steam. Not many there today so no chitchat.
Been very careful about carbs and have succeeded in keeping them low.

Calories 928 Carbs 45 Fat 80

Last edited:
Wow - VERY low carbs yesterday! Low calories and all that swimming. If you don't get a loss in the next day or two there is no justice in the word! I hope your back is fine .

Wednesday 10th April 2013

Busy day and back no worse for the swim!
Lots of odd jobs done and home help came so we are all smart and tidy again.
Been trying to make my own cover for a recipe book without success and downloading one wasn't as easy as I thought it might be.
Ordered a new luggage weighing device and found it has a strap at the end instead of a hook which is very annoying especially as it is very difficult to undo.. :sigh:

Another good diet day and tbh I haven't really felt at all hungry and am getting quite used to the green tea.
Supper has been added but it remains to be seen whether I shal have it.

Breakfast - Bacon 100g + Eggs fried 2
Lunch - Crackerbread 2 + Cheese 25g + Pickle 15g
Snack - Grapes 23
Dinner - Pork Chop baked 98g + R.Beans 75g + Carrot 80g + Tom.Ketchup 15g
Supper - Salad + Cheese 50g + S.Cream 15g
Extras - Milk 120ml + Cranberry Green Tea 2

Calories 1161 Carbs 52 Fat 67 Protein 75 Sugar 36 Fibre 6

Amended ..supper was 2 crackerbreads =
Calories 922 Carbs 49 Fat 48 Protein 62 Sugar 28 Fibre 4

Last edited:
Thursday 11th April 2013

Very busy day... took my "old" duvet to the launderette for a wash and the place was heaving with children! (dear little ****).:D and there was also a couple who had numerous baskets round them and sorting about a dozen bags of clothes into appropriate wash bundles.. had me wondering whether they had a big family or came from some sort of home for children but came to the conclusion they were travellers. So between one thing and another there was hardly room to move.
That accomplished I took my old TV to the dump which my home help had very kindly taken downstairs and put into the boot of my car yesterday.
Then on to pick up a parcel from the Royal Mail depot which is on the other side of the city. I do wonder what Amazon are playing at ... a small item and it is sent in a whopping great box! I had ordered one of those drink beakers that has a lid with a mouthpiece... (all of 6" x 3"?) the box was about 25" x 15"!
As I was on the way home I realised that the duvet was still quite damp so called in at a different launderette and gave it another drying.
Couldn't wait to get home and have a lovely big ham and egg salad followed by a couple of hours snooze.. :zz:

Pleased with counts again today altho' no difference on scales as yet.

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Brazil Nuts 75g
Dinner - Eggs hard boiled 2 + Ham 75g + large salad + S.Cream 20g
Extra - Milk 120ml

Calories 1003 Carbs 49 Fat 70 Protein 42 Sugar 31 Fibre 8

Back